1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Cocaine Galore.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

I can't be arsed with a battle over semantics. All I would say is have a look into the history of why some substances are banned and others are not. It's nowhere near as clear cut as you might imagine.

Moreover, why is the process of transforming coca leaves into cocaine any less 'natural' than the brewing process? And what difference does it make anyway if someone gets pleasure from a man-made/processed substance? You watch TV, don't you? Nowt natural about that.

Off The Line likes this.
  2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

You're kidding. I have every idea. The amount of drug awareness things I had to attend as a landlord (and, sadly, as a teacher) gave me a pretty good indication of the lengths some will go to to take this stuff in.

Oh, and the amount of pricks I've heaved off premises for doing drugs in the toilets stacks pretty high.

3. Polly13

Never had to remove a drunk, then?

Everything you're saying is applicable to booze as much as it is cocaine.

4. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

One of my best mates died from a drug related illness. Not big or clever. He was 26, a bright lad and had just become a father for the first time.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

A drug awareness course is a complete load of bollocks made up by some do gooder sat in an office over analysing things they haven't a ****ing clue about.

Like manager fans.

Polly13 likes this.
  6. Polly13

Yeah, it's ****, but people die of booze and smoking-related illnesses every day too.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  7. Steven Toast

So drinking booze and snorting coke are on the same level then? I don't think I've ever seen somebody nicked for being caught in possession of a bottle of Jaegermeister.

If people want to do drugs and whatnot then fine, I really couldn't give a toss and I'm not here to dish out life advice, but from personal experience, I've had many more violent encounters with coked up people than pissed ones and I spent ten years working in hotels and pubs. To me it seems inane to sneak off to the toilet to snort a bit of powder that makes you a bit happy for a relatively short period of time. Just have a pint.

hcafc90 likes this.
  8. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

You don't have to sneak off anywhere. Toilet seats, flat surfaces, sneaking off... these comments show that the kids were already 10 steps ahead of you for all the knowledge these drug awareness courses prepared you with.

9. Steven Toast

Yeah of course, countless times, but from experience I've found that most of the problems on nights out are caused by drug intake as opposed to people simply being a bit pissed. I'm not saying that's a blanket rule, but it's what I've seen and experienced.

10. Polly13

"I don't think I've ever seen somebody nicked for being caught in possession of a bottle of Jaegermeister." What a daft comment. Just goes to show you haven't the first idea of how to address the issues surrounding legality or otherwise of substance regulation. As far as you're concerned, 'drugs' are bad cos they're illegal. You seem to have no acceptance whatsoever of the background, and you come across as being blinkered and narrow-minded. Do you read the Daily Mail or Express?

And I've DEFINITELY had more violent encounters with drunks than with coked up types.

11. Polly13

I think you're in some sort of denial.

12. Steven Toast

Ah, so you just do it in the middle of the pub then. Standard.

A personal favourite trick was spraying a mix of bleach and WD40 along the flat surfaces. Then watching people run out with nosebleeds. Ha.

13. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I seen much of his previous posts and, on that basis, I took it at face value. Why wouldn't I?

14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Doesn't make it right.

15. Polly13

I don't really know much about the poster or his posting history, but I suspect he wouldn't actually encourage children to take drugs...

16. Polly13

But you obviously see smoking and drinking related illness as somehow less unworthy than a drugs-related one.

17. Steven Toast

So what's the acceptable excuse for it then? If you have to justify it it probably isn't worth doing.

I'm not narrow minded at all, **** me that's the opposite of what I am, I just can't understand why anybody would bother doing it.

18. Polly13

The 'acceptable excuse' is that it makes you feel good. Same reason you smoke and drink.

19. Steven Toast

That's not a viable reason to do it though. There are loads of things that make you feel good, it's not a justification for doing something.

20. Polly13

But alcohol is banned in some places. How does that fit in with your worldview?