1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Coming and Going

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jun 4, 2015.

1. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Midfielder Stephen Mcginn has signed a 2 year deal after impressing GA while on trial.

2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

2 years, he must have seen something as surely a 1 year contract would be more prudent.

3. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

We must have found some money as Sido and JJ have signed contract extension to 2018

4. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

sido and JJ are superb deals, we also need to look at extending the deals for ingram wood and hayes at least

5. mowgli1960

Janoi Donacien a central defender has signed on a months loan from Aston Villa to cover injuries i suppose,he had a season long loan at Tranmere last season now that's worrying! <laugh>

6. Guywanderer

We needed cover in defence it means Stewart (knee) and Rowe (groin) are at least two weeks away from a return:emoticon-0101-sadsm

7. Cardiff-Wycombe

I agree, cover was needed and at least he has experience of this division. Sounds like Holloway is fit, I was a bit concerned when he came off injured.

8. mowgli1960

Tranmere fans have said he did well for them last season, he looked good in a poor defence.

9. josewwfc

lets hope gaz has pulled another good signing out of the bag, he seems to have a nack for these things!

10. Cardiff-Wycombe

Stewart out till Christmas and championship clubs interested in pierre. From what was looking a solid unit at the back could become decimated.

11. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

had a feeling Pierre was going to attract unwanted attention. At least he is contracted and we could get a decent sum for him. Transfers like that could potentially save the club and also allow us to invest in the team, but it's such a wrench losing players like that. I was gutted about Mawson and he wasn't even ours!

12. Guywanderer

I think we need to put a seven figure price up for Pierre to deter intrest from the tin pot Championship clubs that would just leave the big ones in for him

13. Blue_Slasher

Spot on Guy. If we are going to lose players a cool million could help us achieve a stronger squad. Would hate to see him wasted at a small club with no ambition. I think he is as good as Williamson or Roger Johnson was, so why not Premier League - I have an inkling a certain Scouse team may be looking for a centre half!

14. Cardiff-Wycombe

Yeah I was thinking over a million, a lot of money going round the championship at the moment. Finding a replacement might be tricky.

15. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Take a million then go and get alfie mawson for 300 k :emoticon-0136-giggl

16. mowgli1960

<laugh>

Maybe a million plus Alfie Mawson and Barnsley have a deal. <cheers>

17. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me <laugh><laugh><laugh>

18. josewwfc

we simpily cant afford to lose pierre - him and rowe will be our central defence until december at least purely because we have no other option and losing pierre will almost certainly cost us a chance at promotion

19. Blue_Slasher

It may cost us a chance of promotion, but promotion itself may not be the right thing this year. We still have a tiny squad in comparison to most teams and as yet probably can't afford to compete in League 1. So a side that is uncompetitive and idles in the relegation positions usually means lower gates and an ill feeling around the club. Then the usual calls for the managers head (as supporters forget the reality so quickly) and we are back in that downward spiral that nearly saw us lose our league status.
    I could be wrong, but the future success of the squad and the ability to add to it will most likely have to come from getting in good money from players like Pierre.
    Now this is a purely unemotional view. My heart says that i desperately don't want to lose him!

20. Cardiff-Wycombe

I don't wont to lose him but as Slasher says a big money deal would be good for the club as a whole. If selling one player means we could set up the youth team again then it has to be worth it. In reality it would probably just pay off some debts. Looking at Exeter, the sale of one player can really turn a team around, mind you they got £1.75m which is a heck of a lot for league 2