1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cup versus Newport (round 2)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 19, 2016.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on Rhys Healey? Given Neil Warnock's positive comments about Adams and Argyle, I'd have thought there's a good chance her could come our way.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Opinion is the thing that always differs or pretty much when matches are close. I have to say I didn't think we outplayed Newport for a whole load of that game hence my who was top or bottom comment. The pitch was the leveller and it was shocking. I don't blame either team for hoofing it and at some points we were counting the bobbles when it was passed on the floor. I think it also hastened players hoofing at the ball in shooting positions. Scared stiff to air kick and look a penis.

Old Neil is always going to favour Argyle if given the choice. If Adams wants Healey then I think he will get him. How could Westley influence it. His side are in for a fight to stay in the league and Argyle are going for glory. If you had power over a player who you wanted to develope then would you want a relegation on the CV at an early age or a possible promotion. If you were Healey what would you want? No brainer.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I didn't say we dominated, just that our flashes were better than theirs. Ooooh Matron....

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We just didn't slip one round the back enough..............

I see Newport have a problem now with damage to their stand for the away supporters. Caused by over celebration by Plymouth fans. They jumped up and down too much and the floor couldn't contain their exuberance. The report almost sounds like Newport are complaining. My answer would be to tell them that like their pitch, the rest of the ground is clearly not fit for league football if a bit of celebration causes parts to collapse. Mind you with the football on offer at Newport given the state of the pitch I would doubt anyone has celebrated anything before. Who issued their safety certificate?