1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ER at last?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Whitejock, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

3. Whitejock

I never spoke to the press! <doh><whistle>

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  4. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

5. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

We won't buy back the stadium whilst in the Championship and I'm not sure if we will ever buy it back.

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In the Battered Rams thread I said

You then asked me why the gloom, less than 24 hours later you say we might have another dodgy one, not looking for a quarrel with you but I don't see the difference in my concerns or yours?

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  7. Whitejock

There's quite a lot of financial logic in buying it back. We shell out a lot on rent. I thought it near £2m a year, but let's say it's only £1.7m. We can buy it for £17 currently.

So, £1.7m is 10% of £17m.

If we borrowed £17m for the purchase at 5% over 1 year, we would save £0.85m this year & £1.7m (rising) for each future year. (Crazy, harsh option, but used it to illustrate my point).

More realistically, if we borrowed the £17m at 5% over 3 years, we'd save approx £3m over that period, and £2m per year thereafter.

I'm sure my numbers are way, way out, but the basic premise is spot on - if we can secure the loan, we will start saving money immediately. Lots of it too!

8. Chippy / Glory

I think you are even more concerned than me.... I just want Rad to shut up until he has delivered. The road to the pub league is paved with good intentions.

9. Whitejock

Fight, fight !!! :emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch<whistle>

ristac likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm very concerned by Rad and I 100% agree he needs to let his actions speak rather than appearing in front of the media at every opportunity.

He might be a great owner but surely someone should have told him, Don't mention buying back ER until you are ready to do so, it is a sore point.

11. Chippy / Glory

You offering?

12. Whitejock

I'm good at holding the jackets! :D

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  13. Whitejock

Just a quick word on Rad. I just wonder if there is some posturing going on here to make it clear that he is prominent in our club, to make it obvious that banning Cellino will not impact or destabilise us in the way that the FL perhaps hoped it would. We all know how the FL like to hurt us, so who knows what's going on in the heads of MassRad? Could be a deft touch. I wouldn't put it past them.

Then again, I'm prolly talking bollox.

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If we buy the ground back at that cut price deal, the value of the club doubles. Yes doubles and I believe the plan would be to sell the ground once we have a new stadium built with naming rights netting a lot of cash, plus the value of ER for housing. Quids in as they say, an dit will be great playing in ghe new Argos Stadium where we will also make cash from click & collect

Ringo Lion likes this.
  15. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

ristac and Marcos Barber like this.
  16. lifecheshirewhite

He wants all the Glory himself,and often steels ideas.<whistle>

ristac and Chippy / Glory like this.
  17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Like many before him, he doesn't realize the goldfish bowl he has landed in that is Leeds disunited. Wait till the **** hits the fan and lust/ttgm get bored waiting for something to happen and turn on him. In all seriousness, for now he only needs to sing up Pontus and Monk. No need to even mention Elland Road as you say

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rad said he knows nothing about running a football club. He is learning from Cellino, I just hope he isn't being stitched up, we get promoted, Cellino gets a big pay off, bails out and Rad assumes there are lots of Riches without the need for sensible investment.

Bottom line is I would trust Cellino in business as much as I would trust GFH or Bates. Something doesn't sit right about it all, we're on the verge of something big and Cellino is giving half of it away.

Maybe the last dozen years has done something to me or my trust in owners, I just smell something suspicious with it all...

19. davy

davy Well-Known Member

By all accounts, this guy has a good rep and acumen, give him a chance.

The pulling out of the Derby friendly smacks of his input, his background is Sports Media and he clearly thinks this is not the moment to take Sky and the EFL on head to head. Just my take.

And if Bates gets wind of discontent, Radio Yorkshire will be renamed TimeToGo Radio.

I'll get my coat.

<cool>

Marcos Barber, ristac and Whitejock like this.
  20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I will give him a chance but he needs to win me over with actions but in saying that he has 50/50 ownership with Cellino so who makes the final call on things?

It's just this deal has everything so wrong about it, selling a 49% stake or 51% is surely the norm? Two Italian guys owning equal shares is asking for trouble somewhere along the line, you have to assume Rad has an option for the other 50%

Again though, a guy with an ego the size of Cellino handing over half the club when we're on the verge of something big, it just doesn't make sense.