1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Europa League 2016/17

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fatletiss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

5584. So 3,100 left :)

Libby likes this.
  2. mungo

mungo Member

Just got my tickets, me on my own membership and my mate using another. Hope its worth the risk! COYR's!

3. Libby

Libby 9-0

If he doesn't get in are you going to anyway and leave him?

4. mungo

mungo Member

He's come on the pretence that it might happen. I'd have to leave it until the night before I made a decision but he know's the score!

This coming from a boy who gave up his JPT Final ticket for his Mum outside the gates of Wembley. I think i deserve a game like this!

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'd leave him mate not gonna lie <laugh>

6. mungo

mungo Member

He's left me to sort out flight, tickets and hotel, so **** it... why not!

Libby likes this.
  7. Saint

Saint Active Member

I brought about half an hour ago and am no. 5739, reckon we will get a solid 6/7k out there.

Just a heads up, i got a pretty sweet deal on flights & accomodation combined booking through lastminute.com, flying out Thurs morning from London City (I'm London based) to Linate and back Saturday morning Linate to City, including the two nights of 4* (it was cheaper than anything else) accomodation which is 22 minutes from the ground by metro was £200. Considering that the club package was like £350 it was a no brainer from me.

Absolutely buzzing for this one.

Seriously believe this is one of those once in a lifetime games, we may never play there again. :emoticon-0136-giggl

8. Libby

Libby 9-0

I was hoping we'd sell the whole lot, be a shame if not after all the noise about extra tickets. Still think a few might get turned away too which will be a massive shame too.

9. mungo

mungo Member

For anyone interested, my ticket number is 5734, i bought it around 9pm this evening,

10. Saint

Saint Active Member

Would be a right shame to be fair, will just have to see how the numbers fare now, 6000 fans is still a great turnout to be honest, for a Thursday evening and all. Reckon a few people will sort it on impulse depending on upcomming results etc so wouldn't write it off just yet.

I honestly cant see it being the case that theres gonna be a bloke on the gate matching ticket numbers to passport numbers when it comes to 10 minutes to K/O and there is a mammoth line. By my reckoning SaintsFC just doing the standard stuff, a bit like saying ID will be checked on entry to away games if you buy a young adult / concession ticket, never happens in practice.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

I think we'll sell the lot to be honest. Whether or not it's full once we're in there is a different matter.

I can't see them checking every single person but looking at tripadvisor reviews of San Siro they do seem to be very strict about. You say about the massive queues I doubt they'll care if we miss the start of the game.

I just hope that if there a lot that don't get in that they don't kick off as they knew the risks they were taking.

SHould probably take this to the Inter thread!

12. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

I guess no one has received a ticket yet...will be interesting to see whether it displays the account holders name or the name you entered when you completed the passport details

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah that's a good point, my bet would be account holder but we shall see. The funny thing is a lot of people that did it on the first windows are probably eligible for their own now and have a decision to make.

14. jacksk1

jacksk1 Well-Known Member

This is what it says on the OS at the moment:

Please note, Italian law requires that we collect the name, date of birth and passport number of every supporter attending the game, and record this against the details of their seat. This information will be collected online at the point of purchase.

Only the supporter registered against the ticket will be admitted to the stadium. Internazionale will be checking the ID of every supporter at the turnstiles and will compare this to the information that the club has sent them.

Nowhere there does it explicitly state that the season ticket or membership being used has to match the passport details being entered. It purely states that the passport details collected when purchasing the ticket will be sent to Milan and it will be these details that will be checked against ID when entering the stadium.

If the club are adamant that the season ticket or membership must match the passport details then why do they ask for the name and DOB when purchasing as they would already have this information and would therefore only require the passport number.....

15. frankimus

frankimus Active Member

My point exactly. If theyre strict about it at the stadium the club is going to have alot of angry people

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

I disagree, I think it's pretty clear what they meant, and people can't really get angry as they know they are chancing it.

Haven't they even confirmed that it must be the ticket holder to people that have rang up n ask?

KillerCephalopod likes this.
  17. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

Not really, if that is what they meant they could have been a hell of a lot clearer.
    As a season ticket holder I pay and take full responsibility for my ticket, whether it's me in that seat or someone else. Not that it mattered in the end, but I met the 5 away game criteria for my Inter ticket and one of those games was Newcastle away, which I used my ST to purchase for a friend who lives up in Scotland.
    That same friend will be coming to the Inter game and we purchased his ticket on another friends season ticket and provided his details when purchasing the ticket.
    I will be pissed off if the club start dictating who should be attending the match, when we've been upfront on the details we've provided

18. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

To me, it sounds like if SFC has your name, date of birth and passport number, and ticket number and has passed that information to Inter it isn't a problem. They will look at your ticket/seat number, then look at your passport, and if they match their records, you are fine.

They are doing this to stop hooligans from getting in, causing fights, and slipping away. If they have you identified to prevent trouble, and Southampton has complied with Italian law supplied that information, what do they care? They aren't there to try and enforce Saints' season ticket holder policies. That's Saints' job. And if Saints don't care and issued the ticket, they're not going to stand in the way. It would be worse for them to have a bunch of super-angry Saints fans milling about the stadium.

Of course, I have nothing at stake on this. If I were someone whose ticket was purchased via someone else's pass I would probably call to make sure. Or decide it's worth the holiday even if I don't get into the game.

19. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

20. Saint

Saint Active Member

Anyone brought a ticket to inter recently to get an idea on numbers?