1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Final Third Update

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Sapphire, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Well it would appear that we are last trying to play much more of our attacking football on the deck around the box and the high and hopeful lobs have been put on the back burner.
    Generally against Yeovil and Luton the Gas were pretty much in the ascendancy and the opposition in a defensive mode for most of the games. Fair dues to Yeovil who were badly hit by squad injuries, but Luton seem to have been very much outclassed with no excuses at all.
    Having said that our ‘goals for column’ is looking about as lean as last year’s did for most of the season.
    I hope that is because, excluding the crap which we served up on the Northampton match, we have been on the wrong end of packed defences and some excellent goal keeping from the opposition.
    The game against Barnet should give us a better idea of how we have progressed. Mad Dog isn’t known for ultra defensive tactics so the game should be more open. We should have a better idea of how well our defensive unit copes with their breakaway tactics and hopefully see more balls from our forwards hitting the back of Barnet’s net.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I just hope our side are fully aware of Barnets tactics - win a penalty and score it! Akinde pen was at it again last night! Our boys need to be alert and not dive in as Barnet will go down looking for it.
    It is a worry that we are not scoring enough. To be honest, I thought we were not going to get the goal last night. Saturday I missed the Yeovil game but reading comments on the game and the stats, I got the impression we were all over them and the score should have ben much higher.
    It is a worry we dont take our chances. But if we dont concede, we just have to take 1 chance, which is happening. I do believe Easter will come good and Harrison and Taylor will get us goals. I did like Blissett. He is tall and fast. But I think we have seen his last game for us. Not injured but didnt make the bench last night. He is a confidence player who is short on confidence and cant get game time to rectify it. Think his time is up now.

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Barnet can only beat ten men! Akinde was kept quiet last time at the Mem, so let's hope for a repeat...

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

It was great to see the lads working the ball on the floor in and around the box. More of the same please!

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Akinde Pen didnt show up yesterday! I seen a tweet last night that said Lockyer needs to remember to empty his back pocket as Akinde is still in it <laugh>

old timer likes this.
  6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I saw a pic of Akinde with' Missing in action - last seen in Tom Lockyer's back pocket' ! <laugh>

Great work all round by the defence, midfield and attack.

7. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think Lockyer got his teeth knocked out by Akinde last season, so he's responded in just the right way...