1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Finances Announcement 13-14

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Toon_Man_Sam1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Highest profit, lowest wage bill, everything's going according to plan then.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

We'll have to wait and see what the figures are but they probably won't be a million miles away from the paper's guess in funky's post. There might be even more profit if anything.

3. Warmir Pouchov

4. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

30million missing from that, as the accounts read, our operating costs have gone up significantly, but thy failed to provide salary information to show this. Also transfer dealings are not included

5. Warmir Pouchov

We haven't paid off any of the debt by looks of it

6. Toon_Man_Sam1

Everything's gone up, revenue, commercial revenue, tv money, but the profit doesn't align with this. So it means our costs have gone up, unsure how as we pay peanuts and have no players

7. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

Well the figures need to be with Companies House today or tomorrow to avoid a penalty. Although this is only £150 I believe

8. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Mike Ashley doesn't want to pay off his loan. Probably because Sports Direct are raking it in via NUFC.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

There's an alleged increase of £30m in operational costs. The club needs to explain it. Which they won't.

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150330/united-announce-accounts_2281670_4601316
    It says the 'debt' is still £129m and that Mike hasn't taken a penny.

But he HAS taken probably around £50m+ in advertising value since he took over. Another company could take the advertising space that SD commands, further increasing our revenue so we need to bear this in mind.

The whole debt thing is irrelevant now anyway.

Roll it all in together and he sees the cost of buying NUFC at just over £200m.

When he comes to sell... with the new TV money set to kick in in a year or so... he will most likely get at least £300m for the club.

Add on top of that the potential to grow commercial income via selling the SD advertising space and we will be quite an attractive proposition.
    Anyone thinking we will be spending £60m bet on players in the summer is way wide of the mark.

Mike's maths will add up like this....

Sell Sissoko for £15m
    Sell Tiote for £5m
    Sell Janmaat for £12m
    Sell Perez for £10m
    Wages saved due to 14/15 player sales.... £5m
    TOTAL £47M

'Spend' £47m on players... add on £13m as a notional sum for wages and then tell the fans we've 'spent' £60m... when all we have done is recycled finances via player sales.

Interesting to see them say that ST sales are static... yet give no numbers.

All the lads and lasses not renewing must clearly be getting replaced by new ST sign ups.... or alternatively Charnley sees a 5,000 to 10,000 drop as being static.

11. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

Sorry posted this before I saw that the figures had been announced.

As soon as they appear for me to download I will take a look at them. Although I won't be able to see much as it's a private limited company not a public one.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Thankyou squire.

13. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

As you average punter on the street who doesn't know masses about this kind of thing those results are quite good no?

2nd most profitable in the league and our debt at 0% interest with no finite date set for repayment should mean we are in a very healthy financially?

Either way all of this means nothing if we continue to sell our best players for top dollar and get in unproven replacements on the cheap. Still a case of wait and see what happens over the summer in terms of recruitment...

14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

My biggest wonder is how they've compiled your finances without them being released. It's all subjective isn't it. Big profits are good, but you spent more than you usually would this summer which eats into those profits and your debt to ashley is still hefty. We've made a small loss but gradually been on the right track and our debt is much smaller. I'd rather be in our position atm, but those sorts of profits are excellent. There's ne real right or wrong is there, just a personal opinion how your clubs been run. As a Sunderland fan I'm over the moon that our wage % has gone from well over the recommended limit to well below. Also we're bringing in so much more income off the field. We're right on track so I'm pretty happy with ours, it represents improvement all over. Our debt is to an arranged overdraft too, no loans.

Edit: Just read your actual results. That media snippet was way off. They don't look great considering you spent this summer.

15. Beardsley's Shimmy

Beardsley's Shimmy Well-Known Member

Fat Mike's wallet just got fatter.
    No real surprises for me.
    Was anyone expecting something different?

16. Toon_Man_Sam1

I am still expecting a different figure, cabaye stransfet price has not been included, further to that I want to know our wage % which should be a record low and lastly, I wanna know where the missing 30 mil has gone

17. Toon_Man_Sam1

i was going to do the math to show you guys, but The Mag has already done it

"The headline figures that they have announced are;
    Broadcasting revenue up to £78.3m from £51.0m

Matchday revenue has fallen from £27.8m to £25.9m

Commercial revenue is up to £25.6m from £17.1m (new deals with Wonga/Puma)

Club turnover has risen from £95.9m to £129.7m

After playing trading and tax, there is a profit of £18.7m which is up from £9.9m

The operating profit is £4.7m compared to a £0.6m operating loss the previous season Mike Ashley has not reduced the club’s ‘debt’ of £129m to him.

The glaring thing that isn’t explained stands out like a sore thumb. The revenue has gone up by £33.8m (from £95.9m to £129.7m) The operating profit has improved by £5.3m (a loss of £0.6m becoming a profit of £4.7m) So what the limited information released by the club doesn’t explain is how costs have gone up by a massive £28.5m!"

club tranfers not included over a period where a lot of playing staff were let go from the year before, no one brought in and cabaye sold. operating costs technically should have gone down drastcally, not up 28.5m

18. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

That was mike Ashley's salary. 28.5 million.

19. Beardsley's Shimmy

Beardsley's Shimmy Well-Known Member

This

20. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Perfectly legal for Ashley to pay himself a salary under the Companies Act. That would explain why Operating Costs have increased. The fat **** has paid himself a large slice of the profit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.