1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Finances Announcement 13-14

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Toon_Man_Sam1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

Amortisation is the writing off of intangible assets over the life of the asset.

In the case of Newcastle the amortisation will be on the players and their contracts. So if they sign a player for £15m on a five year contract the full £15m doesn't go against your profit in the year you sign them but is spread over the 5 years of the players contract. I'm not going to go into what happens if they extend their contract.

So what this is saying is Newcastle wrote off £6.8m more off the value of their players than they did in their previous year.

Hope that helps (although I suspect it as clear as mud)

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I still maintain that he's ben talking more out of the club in advertising that the club gets would have paid in interest payments anyway so he has been taking the cash back in my eyes.
    It's best to ignore the 'debt' red herring I reckon.
    Will MA get £230m+ on sale at the very least for someone to purchase it cleanly?
    I reckon so.
    I also reckon part of the sale will include some kind of commercial/Retail element where SD retain a degree of ownership of that division of NUFC.

3. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

It's not additional debt, no. To be honest, having seen these headline figures everything seems kosher. Money hasn't been 'disappearing'; it's there, but they are doing nothing with it and by 30th June this year they should have £55-60m in the bank.

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Kosher, but complete and total damning proof of the club having zero ambition whatsoever. I still maintain that Charnley's a bigger d1ck in all this than Ashley. I don't think Ashley is demanding that money stay in the bank, I think it's Charnley's incompetence that has seen it stay there.

5. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Completely under qualified to do the job he is doing. Ex club secretary and used to make the teas in the board room not so long ago.......

6. Lord Jonjomort

100%. I am of a mind where a new MD, and DoF, are required as a starting point. And if the club can't be fcked with that, then we need a Manager, not a Head Coach. We could sign 8 players this Summer, if it's by these clowns under this model, it will fail. Move Charnley sideways to some other operational role, bring in someone competent such as Cortese, let him bring a DoF and then the two of them can employ a new Head Coach. The Head Coach gives input into what's required (in our case, a new first eleven), the DoF works within the MD's budgets.

We have underlings in charge. That's the bottom line, that's the failure. Charnley's a tea boy, Carver puts cones out and Carr likes watching footy. The three are the most ill-equipped MD, Head Coach and DoF in football fcking history, they'd be better suited to Wycombe than Newcastle.

7. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Had this argument with people in the past. Graham Carr is not this scouting genius. He is not that great at identifying talent. He has uncovered probably 2-3 players in his time. Most of the others have been utter dross. The guy is a scout. He loves football. But Director of Football? Come on.

8. Lord Jonjomort

He's done quite well for a scout, given the restrictions, he has contacts and value, but ONLY as a scout. Cabaye, Ba, Debuchy, Janmaat, Sissoko, Aarons (from Bristol), Perez is a pretty good record. The likes of MYM are not even ones you can hang him out to dry on - look at Sakho (Liverpool, £18m) or Mangala (City, £30m), you can pay 10's of millions for a centre back and they'll be awful in the PL. Gouff was cheap as chips and is half as talented. But otherwise Carr has a pretty good record. But not as DoF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.