1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football League Show Commentary.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by RicardoHCAFC, Feb 6, 2011.

1. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Reading the Norwich team out "they include left wing back Adam Drury who returns from a bout of man flu and a thigh injury".

That's an official thing now then is it?

2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Did you see the Peterbrough - Southampton game? 4 penalties!

3. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

So they're suggesting he had a cold and was overplaying his symptoms? That would be slanderous surely??

Tut tut BBC!

The term "man flu" really winds me off. I got a virus in January and needed a week off work. When I got back it was to jeers from the women saying "Here he is, after his man flu"

Should have dragged myself in and infected half the department, see if they still thought it was man flu then!

4. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

Not got that far yet. Was watching a DVD so then I've watched MOTD before FL Show. Plus I had to replay the Mills yellow card incident and the Ephraim red card to explain to QPR fans why the ref was right in both cases. Just about to start the Forest game now.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Do you live with QPR fans or something? Always wondered about your link and why you use a QPR specific forum../

6. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

It goes back the first day in the Championship. I went on their official boards (because I could do it using my account off our boards) to set the record straight about what was being reported, do the apologising for our dickheads and also reporting what their lot had been up in 'retaliation'. Got to know a few of them and met up with them at the return game, and I've done a few weekend trips when we've had them at home 1 day and us away in London the next, or when they've been in Yorkshire and we've been at home the next day. Travelling from Scotland it doesn't really make much difference to the cost/travel time (obviously there's the match as well) to go to say Barnsley on the way. When the OWS changed their messageboards over to the new format nobody liked them so we set our own up. On there I run a prediction league and write up match reports when I've been to their games. In return the site owner gives me a nominal fee, it basically covers the cost of my extra tickets and travel.

7. prideofyorkshire

I heard that and did a double take, thought i must have been hearing things!

8. third party fire and theft

man flu can be career threatening if not treated properly. i hope adam has received top medical advice before returning. many players try and play through the pain of man flu which is always a mistake.

9. suchy

suchy Member

It has actually scientifically been proven probably by a man scientist of sick leave because of it

10. Pearson,Pearson&Allam