1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FWG Meetings

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by PLT, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Cheers. I am expecting the answer to be in the negative but will go ahead with my own plans to mark the occasion. Looks like I will have at least a dozen of my family at our first match next season to celebrate the event.

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Hattie - I asked something similar at the last meeting but yeah I'll ask about the state of the place this time. Whether I'm a not606 rep or not, it's something I'm interested in myself.

Mr. Hat 6.3 recurring likes this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The answer was in the positive - Is the club planning to do anything next year to celebrate our 100th season in the Football League? In a word…YES! I have tried to reach out to a few people on Twitter and email to help – we want full fan involvement in a museum at the stadium.

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There are several other questions I asked, but it's been so long since I did them that I can't actually remember which were asked by CTWD members and which were asked on here(some are issues specific to individuals), so I'll go back and answer the CTWD ones and then post any left on here.

Or if anyone can remember what the last thread was called, I can probably find those that remain unanswered?

5. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

What happened to the players hanging banners from inside each stand from last season?

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I already know the answer to that one, they got knacked when we had those storms last year.

7. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I liked those! Clearly it wasn't well thought out

8. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Great news! First match of next season is the 8th August . Hope we play at home. First ever league match in 1905 was played against Barnsley at Anlaby Road on September 2nd. We won the second division match 4-1.

9. nbetiger

nbetiger Well-Known Member

Can you ask why tiger travel charge what they do n the likes of simon grey can charge less for travel

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

This has been raised before, the club do not make a profit on Tiger Travel, they have an arrangement with Aklams and simply charge people what it costs the club.

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

This is mainly for PLT - The next Fan Working Group meeting has been pushed back to early Feb, the next SAG meeting will be at the end of Feb and the fans have to elect a member of the group to attend at the next meeting.

12. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

The fans who go to the FWG elect a member of the FWG to attend the SAG, or the general fans elect a member for the SAG?

I suspect its the first one, but its not obvious. Maybe you should get some writing tips off your lad...:D

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

As I said., my post was aimed at PLT, who already knows what's going on and will have known what I meant.

But you're right, the FWG members select someone to represent them at the SAG meeting.

14. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I would like the cringeworthy and embarrassing 'We had six floodlight phylons' and 'Hull City cannot be coloured in' banners on the East Stand concourse replaced with some that actually mean something. For example; Ian Ashbee captained the club through all four divisions. How about a banner about him?
    I would like some recognition in the way of a site information board to show where the original ground used to be.
    This should be in a prominent position on the perimeter of the stadium.
    On a lesser note, the walkway from Londesbourgh Street to the stadium is piled with rubbish. Who is responsible for cleaning this area?

15. Happy Tiger

Ok ta, not sure why the secrecy, could easily have just PMd him, but Im sure the fact a fan from the FWG is going to be selected to be on the SAG is welcome news to everyone.

Is that down to James Mooney?

Like I say though, very welcome and not before time.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I didn't PM him as I thought others would be interested in when the next FWG meeting was taking place and the fact that we were getting someone on the SAG.

Getting a fan on the SAG was something that came up early in these meetings and Pete(chair of the SAG) was in attendance and said he had no issue with it and between him and James, they've got the police to agree.

17. Happy Tiger

It needs to be someone quite gobby, forceful, capable of listening and reasoned debate, but not being walked over.

Honestly, I hope its you!

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I agree with your summary of the qualities required, but I wasn't actually planning on putting myself forward.

As the main issues to be tackled are stewarding, policing and segregation, I thought it better that someone from the North or East, with more first hand experience, took up the role.

19. Happy Tiger

I didnt expect you to. I do however expect the others to. You've got enough of a view, and knowledge of all of that, without it being personal which would make you ideal.

Those rows of frigging empty seats piss me off, especially when I had 90 mins of one nob of ours screaming at a nob of theirs at the Emirates, separated by only a row of stewards, the main barrier being one early 20s lass who looked embarrassed by the 2 nobs shouting at each other.

20. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Ideal for Dutch if you ask me. Meant as a compliment

Happy Tiger likes this.