1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Game called off yesterday.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NigsyHoops, Jul 23, 2017.

1. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

2. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

*hit don't work only shows a picture. Sure a IT expert can sort it.

3. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Went to Berlin for the game yesterday. A very hot and muggy day in Berlin - 28 degrees. Union Berlin stadium is a long way from central Berlin and quite difficult to get to. the weather changed almost the second the ref blew the whistle and then the downpour and abandoned game after 13 mins.

Against my far better judgement, and only as the flight was much earlier, I booked my flight home with Ryanair. EasyJet was 4pm Ryanair 10am.

Still in Berlin now - Flight delayed for 12 hours with no guarantee of any flight at all. Of course Ryanair waited 6 hours before advising us of the final delay and only a potential flight.

I have to be home for a meeting at work tomorrow so have been lucky in that I bought the last easyJet Manchester flight.

I think taking into account hotels, flights, trains and cabs, this has been the most expensive 13 mins of football I've ever seen.

Big lesson for me- I will never, under any circumstances, fly Ryanair again. Their pi55poor reputation is well earned. I could rant on for ages but it will be nothing you all don't already know about that shoddy, shambolic airline.

4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Rearranged for tomorrow 5pm BST according to WLS.

5. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Well on the bright side, at least you didn't get sucker punched in the face by a yob as Finglas experienced while attending one of our friendlies in Germany a few years back, in similar downpour weather conditions.

6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Big lesson for me- I will never, under any circumstances, fly Ryanair again. Their pi55poor reputation is well earned. I could rant on for ages but it will be nothing you all don't already know about that shoddy, shambolic airline.

I've never flown Ryan Air. If that fella could make an extra buck by compromising safety, he might in my view. Agree, would never fly with them.

7. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I once flew on Easy jet to Italy. My luggage also flew Easy Jet but to a different destination......

8. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

I flew Air France Paris to Moscow, my colleagues luggage was never unloaded and kept flying to Tokyo. Next day she wore jeans to our meeting with the Central Bank!

9. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

The old saying, you get what you pay for.

10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I've flown Ryan Air about a100 times and can't remember ever having a problem, not even a delay. When I had a problem meeting their pre- flight check in routines when travelling to the UK to renew my passport once, they sorted it out in one phone call. Have saved a lot of money using them rather than their competitors too. Irritating they often are, but their performance has been excellent in the 100 odd times I've used them.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Ryanair now apparently offers more leg space than on BAs new short haul planes. Mind you, that's if your BA plane ever takes off.....

12. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Completely desperate to QPR....my daughter was at a music festival outside Berlin last week...coming back week last Sunday night her Ryanair flight was cancelled...she was told there was no flight until Wednesday PM...there were 7 flights but allegedly full. She bought her own ticket home on German Wings...in fact her friends didn't get home until Thursday....still discussing compensation about the meal vouchers they were given