1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Gaz and Dobs Exellent Adventure Cobblers v Chairboys Saturday 2nd May

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 30, 2015.

1. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Have to say well done to Bury after an incredible run of wins mostly 1-0 that includes winning their last 7 games away from home i believe. <applause>

2. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

just back and quite tough to take - thought we played well and thinking of chances earlier this season we had to take points its a pity we didn't make it - however play-offs is a superb achievement and plymouth will be a tough game but if we can get everyone back and fit then we are more than capable of winning these playoffs

3. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

My plans for may well and truly buggered it's off to Plymouth next week cancel Stevenage more grovelling required I think good win today wish we could have done that last week

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You don't have to mowgli. <laugh>

I remember the Bury commentators saying they were fortunate to take a point from us. Had it not been for our injuries and suspension we would not have lost last week and we would have got a well deserved promotion, with a last minute GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL today

Tranmere, the team that ****ed us up. They couldn't hold Bury to a draw for us but they came to Adams Park and thrashed us 2-0

The team did well considering. And after all that, I doubt we'll even get to the play off final. They will be knackered and despondent. Lets' hope we can enjoy many wins next season, wherever we are.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Genuinely I feel for you guys. Up there all season only to fall at the last hurdle for automatic. I absolutely was rooting for you because you deserved to get something. Now it's us in the play offs and as you would expect I have to reverse all I've been hoping for and hope you end with nothing. I hate having to say that. Best of luck to you and may the best team on the day win. If you beat us then please go all the way and win the final.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Likewise Greeny. If Tranny had scored a late equaliser just think what our 7th minute of injury time winner would have done to us lot. I doubt I would be fit to type this.

All the best mate

7. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Strangely ironic that if Shrewsbury's equalizer at Bury had stood (all officials afterwards admitted the mistake) you would have been promoted automatically. Tough job against Plymouth who were easily the best team to come to us this year. Still think that Ainsworth should get manager of the year.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't realise that but yes it is rather ironic. Be honest, did you have a smile on your face as you typed that <laugh>

9. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Not really. You deserved to go up. Ainsworth has worked miracles this year. The player we have loaned out to Morecambe has done you all a favour by scoring against Southend and was also in the team that won at Bury.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well, you certainly did your bit for us <cheers> . Pity about the disallowed goal against Bury

11. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Ah but there are so many of these decisions throughout the season. I firmly believe that you end up where you deserve to be over the course of the season and I said all along that Burton and Shrewsbury were the best teams in the league and would go up so congratulations on that. I think you will cope better in L1 this time around.

Also fair to point out that Bury won the last auto place rather than us losing it..Our form wasn't that bad but to win 13 out of the last 16 games was a cracking effort by them and fair play. Plymouth will be hard games, they are a decent team as we found out but they don't always turn up :)

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have you seen the roads and rail network down this way Munich? It's amazing they get anywhere.

We are so inconsistant and have been all season so you are right, you could get either team.

13. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I was away for the weekend thought we had drawn 2-2 & off to Stevenage till I bought a paper this morning & found it was Plymouth must admit I would rather go to Plymouth than Stevenage any day. One word of warning I have been up & down the A34 which crosses the M4 at Newbury & the M4 is closed at Junction 13 next weekend for anybody travelling from Wycombe worth checking out.