1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gerry Gow

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Oct 10, 2016.

1. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Rip, true city legend..

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just got back and I read this, what a shocker, like all I worshiped the man, god I feel like I've been thumped, I wish his family and friends well..

RIP Gerry Gow, A real City legend..

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    MassiveAttack likes this.
  3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

A 1 minute clap at 54 mins in response to his goals ....

6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Say one for me lads
    The best thing to ever come out of Scotland

7. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

GOW GERRY A celebration of Gerry's life will take place at Easton Methodist Church, Portland on Friday 4th November at 2.00pm followed by committal at Weymouth Crematorium at 3.15pm. Family flowers only please but, if desired, donations can be made in Gerry's memory for Weldmar Hospicecare Trust and Fortuneswell Cancer Trust. Please make cheques payable to FUNERAL DONATIONS ACCOUNT c/o Rose Funeral Service, 23 Shrubbery Lane, Wyke Regis, DT4 9LY enquiries tel 01305 785832 or email [email protected]

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Taken from OTIB..

Harry

ID: 1 Posted 45 minutes ago

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/minutes-silence-for-gerry-gow-3369499.aspx

Hi everyone.

As you will hopefully have read on the official site (above), we are planning a tribute to Gerry Gow in the Atyeo Stand for the Blackburn match this Saturday.
    We really need the support of everyone in the stand to make this work and for it to be part of a fitting tribute all across the ground for the great man.

The plan in the Atyeo is to have a Card Display which will spell 'GOW', and for this to be flanked by Red/Black flags. We have ordered 180 Red/Black flags as we felt that some of the iconic pictures and memorable moments of Gerry came whilst wearing the red shirt with black shorts (of course there are many memories in our traditional colours, but some of the iconic photo's were in black shorts).
    So, in order for the display to work, we need everyone who stands in the upper level to be involved. So please spread the word amongst those who you know will be in there who may not read this, or see other social media.
    We would like the flags to be flown high and proud as the teams emerge from the tunnel, and would then like the cards to be held up above your heads for the planned minutes silence.
    Along the walkway we plan to hold up a new banner, as well as existing banners and Gow flags dotted around the lower tier.

So please please get involved and make this special.

The lads of Section 82 have also been in discussions with a group of fans in the South Stand, and around 80 or so of the Black/Red flags will be positioned in the South Stand - thanks guys for your support and ideas on this.
    We also hope there may be the okay to unfurl the large 'Gow Head' flag in the Dolman - waiting for confirmation over the fire certificate on this one.

The chaps in the South Stand have also obtained some old footage and interviews of Gerry in his prime, and hopefully we might be able to get some of this edited and put up on the big screens, in conjunction with the plans the club already have for this.

So, lots planned for the great man. Please get involved if there is a flag or card in your seat this week, and lets give Gerry a fitting tribute. I'll be trying my best to co-ordinate the display in the Atyeo, but please make people aware if you know they are in the upper level on Saturday.

One more thing, the BCFC Sticker Club have printed a special batch of Gow stickers, which will be on sale on all 4 sides of the ground, and in the fanzone, so please look out for these and help contribute toward this special display.

Cheers
    Harry

9. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Harry
    Will the vid footage be made available to see (or buy) in future, as I will not be able to get to the match (I live in France) ?