1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Giack off

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Disco down under, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Bologna on loan. Poor bastard. Deserves better than he's had with us.

2. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Shame Dick can't find a way to fit him in. Still believe he's the one of the best footballers technically that we've got.

Good luck to him.

Nacho likes this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Disappointed primarily that it didn't work out with us as I think he's class, and secondarily that if we are getting rid it's on loan and we're not getting any money for him.

4. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

if the shoe don't fit, free up some wages

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Aye it's better than nothing, it'd just be nice to get some money for someone as well as clearing them from the wage bill. Giacc's probably one of our more saleable players.

6. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

hopefully he remains saleable if he starts playing regularly and picks up form. but its wages we need, more than cash up front.

7. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Our midfield is potentially over-loaded now - Larsson, Cattermole, M'Vila, Toivenen, Giaccherini, and probably Alvarez. That's looking pretty good to me. Giac hasn't had match practice for ages, so I think it's good to loan him out to a league where he's happy and can comfortably do well. I think it will do him good, and free up some wages into the bargain. At the end of the season, he's still ours, and if Dick packs up then, it gives the new manager options. He can make the decision on who he wants to keep.

8. SAFC_DAVE

SAFC_DAVE Member

Obviously not very saleable otherwise we would have sold him. Never rated him personally. Works hard and does have above average technique and skill as long as no one tries to tackle him, but is far too week for prem. The fact no one wanted to buy him only confirms this. And I'm not sure but was he asking for too much wages which means we have had to settle for a loan where bologna are only paying a percentage of his wage ? If so he us another one in the same mould of fletcher etc

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think this loan is purely to remove a wage, I think he wasn't played to make sure he was fit to loan out.

I genuinely believe this opens up a good chunk of salary for a signing before Tuesday.

Shame it hasn't worked out, as he's a great player, far above 90% of the squad.

10. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

I was desperate for him to come good as I think he is an excellent footballer, can set up goals, yes he was probably to weak for the league, he will go to Italy and do very well. There was a spell when him and Wickham linked brilliantly when Wickham got all his goals and then they were never played together much to my frustration. Dick has basically said he doesn't want him so it's best all round that he goes. I think there are many clubs in Italy would sign him but they can't afford his wages and basically he isn't getting off the gravy train. He will be another player whose wages we contribute to when not playing for us. The de Fanti disaster still has a season or so left to haunt us. Then all that crap will be off the wage bill. Hat's off to Congerton for even attempting to sort it.

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Love Giacc me but If Dick doesn't fancy him we could do with the wage free.

12. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

What a purple patch that was, really enjoyed the brief and spectacular cameo between those two. Injuries robbed the little Italian last season.. Sad to see him go based on I would've at least like to see him in the line up at Leicester.

concrete tony likes this.
  13. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Isn't Giaccherini only supposed to be on about 20k p/w?

14. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

he's one of the highest earners. apparently....

15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

All I know is that when he signed his agent made a massive deal about how staggering the wage offer was. He was on 10k a week at Juve I remember that being made public.

I'd imagine he's on closer to 40k, and despite what people seem to think that will get you a decent level of player.

People coming from Italy, Spain, Germany etc, these players aren't on anything like that, only the top players and clubs pay anywhere near that. We ain't in the market for that level, not even close to it.

16. Brian Storm

26k pw me thinks. It's a big chunk off the wage bill.

17. Aussie blackcat85

I remember reading an article last season regarding Seb, I believe he's on around 32k pw? Any truth in that mate? Sorry don't have the link..

18. Brian Storm

All wages are hear say mate ultimately so who really knows what any of them are on.

19. Aussie blackcat85

Yeah I just remember his agent saying it was a great contract for a swede in the PL at the time.. Might've been in the 20's, even so I can't see him getting a lot of minutes this season based on the new fellas.. Their lies the problem..

20. Brian Storm

Yep, he ain't in the plans so let's shift him. Sad but necessary :(