1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hamer: Time running out for Matty to sign

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

From the BBC:

Time is running out for Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor to sign a new contract with the club, says chairman Steve Hamer.

The 26-year-old was Rovers' top scorer last season with 28 goals in all competitions, including two hat-tricks, as they won promotion to League One.

Of the first-team squad, 12 have signed new deals ahead of the 2016-17 season.

"I presume we will hear sooner rather than later. We've still not heard," Hamer told BBC Radio Bristol.

"The sands of time are running out for both him and us. We're getting close, wherever he's going to be.

"Hopefully he's with us but, if not, good luck to him and we wish him well for next season, wherever he is."

Speaking in May, Hamer said Rovers would have the chance to match any offers made by other clubs to Taylor, with the former Forest Green Rovers striker out of contract this summer.

Will he or won't he?

I suspect he won't, but he needs to let us know soon so we can get a replacement in sharpish...

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Oooh, we really want you to stay Matty, we dont want you to go antwhere else but to make us sound as if we are the ones holding the trump cards and making all the decisions here's a little ultimatum !

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It may sound harsh but I would give him until Sunday then get rid if he's still undecided we really need to press on with building the squad for the season.

Quilllogic likes this.
  4. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Totally agree. He needs to make his mind up pretty soon.

old timer and Gasheadseamge79 like this.
  5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Shall we have a referendum on him? Leave or remain???? <laugh>

A Matter Of Time likes this.
  6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

14 were offered new deals. Parkes rejected us and Taylor still deciding. Meaning Gastro is right on the other thread that Easter has signed his deal. However Rovers havent officially confirmed it yet. Strange!

7. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I was hoping for possibly some championship quality players, the C/H sounds reasonable but lacking in pace but the comments on Moore from the Port Vale fans don't inspire confidence

8. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

It could be that Taylor is delaying as long as possible in the hope that someone comes in for him.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

We thought the same 2 years ago when building for the conference. Keep the faith in DC <ok>

10. old timer

CJS in DC I trust, I firmly believe that he is the manager to take this club forward and on that basis My season ticket for this season was purchased but the signings made still do not inspire confidence. I don't think I was the only one last season to comment on the lack of pace in the sides defence and Hartley is not the quickest player and the comment of one Plymouth? supporter was that his quicker central defender partner often got him out of trouble. We have gone up a division and some of the sides that have struggled had some good players in their teams. I don't want us to get relegated under the new setup because we finished to low in the league because we didn't have that bit of class or a striker that new where the net was

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Thats my point, hardly any of us were inspired by the signings of those who joined 2 years ago. How wrong were we. DC knows what he is doing, I learnt that lesson and I trust that these signings weill come good when called upon <ok>

old timer likes this.
  12. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Where is Matty Taylor these days?

13. old timer

If the club can afford a new striker then get him signed on, and if Taylor then resigns then he can play for his place rather than having it virtually guaranteed like it was last season, and if he then misses loads of chances like he did at times last season he would be dropped and some one else would be given a chance to claim the place

14. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I thinks Matty Taylor probably needs a better agent!

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

16. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think its time Matty moved on

The Great Gashead likes this.
  17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Do you still think this? ;)

18. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

It will be interesting times early on, if he can continue where he left off by scoring a few more than he misses then things might work out for him, however if the misses start to outweigh the hits which ultimately bear down on the results then knowing footy fans for as long as I have he will most probably end up 'Getting Some' !

19. old timer

See Taylor got the equaliser tonight

20. Thorngas

Thorngas Active Member

Scores goals like that all season and I will be more than happy although I have a feeling if he kicks of well he will be in the shop window come January.