1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Have Harry's signings really been that bad?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by RoyalOakRanger, Jan 27, 2015.

1. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

And that is it in a nutshell! as I said in an earlier post, we will need to sign a complete new team again in the summer & this will be for a minimum of the fourth consecutive year.

How is that good business?

Back to the OP. You believe his signings have been reasonable on the whole. This thread won't change your mind on that.

Along with some others, I believe his signings have been closer to a poor rating. This thread won't change our minds on that.

Didley Squat likes this.
  2. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks the players assembled at our club have been overall favourable or need more time knows very little about football

Compare our team to any in this league and it's clear it's very unbalanced and fragile

Maybe it's fair not to blame any of the players in fact they are all talented
    Maybe fans should look at themselves thinking you can buy a player and that player would make an impact ... I believe our fan base is infected and very fickle

The model is wrong from the top and the management has been awful

The culture at the club is imo at a all time low

I don't care if we go down anymore because it will mean change

We will see then how fans react when the best we can sign are real donkeys

Harold's buys have been awful generally but the clue is who brought them? I am really enjoying seeing Harold fail and remember that feeling when muppets sang Harold's blue and white army at LR ... I couldn't stop laughing then and love watching him fail . He is a total liar and fraud and has ruined our club

danishqp, Tramore Ranger and sb_73 like this.
  3. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Oddball that's the biggest pile of dung I've ever heard considering you thought Sparkless bought well and should have been given more time.

Its Meds time mate

4. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Probably the most balanced comment on here, the fact is there's been some good + some bad.

What we don't really know who's been dictating the transfer policy as whilst some are clearly Harry signings others are less so, so I suspect our dealings are pretty uncoordinated which is why we end up with a disjointed team.

Who's to blame for the the current state:

Harry - yes, a mixed bag but does like to stick too much with who he knows
    TF - yes, problems been going on before Harry so must take fair share
    Beard - yes, as per TF
    Scouts - yes, do we have any?
    Warnock - yes, we still have poor players signed on high wages from his time.
    The Goons - yes, mismanagement goes back to their time.

5. RoyalOakRanger

RoyalOakRanger Active Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

Come on, you're being very harsh there Watford. Jenas was not awful at all, scored a couple of good goals. Same for Kranky, well worth a punt and frankly they did ok. As for being incredibly fortunate to go up... I'm not buying it. The two best teams finished one and two. Arguably Derby played better footy than us overall but once you're in the play offs anything can happen. I think Wigan finished 5th 7 or 8 points behind us. If we'd scraped into 6th and got through - fair enough.

7. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

First off Sandro is a gamble, we've established that. What i'm saying is you're being too quick to write off these signings. We've not seen what Mutch can do due to niggling injuries - binning a potentially exciting young prospect due to a bad 6 months is daft. Henry may be limited in your eyes but he's pushing to be our player of the season so he would keep out a struggling Mutch wouldn't he? As for Fer and Mutch playing in the same position that's fair enough if you're building a squad and two of your other CM's are in their mid 30's.

Whats a complete failure?

Can't speculate on vargas as who knows what he'd be like in the centre. one thing i would say about him is in the one or two situations he's been put through on goal and been one on one with the keeper he's fluffed his lines. I agree though we'll never know unless he's given a proper run out up front. Trouble is he seems to be better at RW than our actual wingers.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Back him to take you into administration. He's bankrupting QPR, Tony and Air Asia.

In any other industry, he would never worked again after Portsmouth.

9. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Addressing the comments about rebuilding in the Championship:
    Avoiding relegation is extremely important. It would/will be much easier to rebuild with the EPL money and the fact that good and young players are more likely to sign for a team in the PL than teams aspiring to get there. We have already experienced how difficult it is to offload players on PL money who are not attractive to PL clubs. This season is all about finishing 17th, getting in a new manager and improving the squad. Anything else is completely irrelevant.
    This is why I think that (as said before) we don't need any more signings now, a couple of loans to strengthen the squad and then just get on with it. Next season, with a fresh bunch of notes from the PL, the new manager can invest in some more young, quality (that have never played for Spuds).

10. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

No woman/boyfriend to keep you from being bored?

11. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Of course would be much better in the top tier but the dilemma is that what is our club?. I did warn of this a few years back. Th club at the moment looks to be used to promote our chairman half the time