1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How many points needed to win the league this season?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Feb 8, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Vertongen ain't played since xmas and rose was injured in the sunderland match

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I would judge current form as past month, five games or so, rather than going back 12 games.

3. remembercolinlee

That's fair enough...I'm not in favour of that cos it can and does give a false picture but then so does my view so I guess each is as valid as the other.
    I prefer longer term because ot tends to stop knee jerk reactions but then it can and does also hide things.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair enough.

Surprised Poch played the A team last night. Result was obviously not great, how did Spurs play?

5. remembercolinlee

Pretty poorly tbh.
    We really are missing Rose and Vertongen. That shows the shallowness of our squad.
    We can cope without Lamela (although we miss him) but when you add in other injuries we can not cope.
    This seriously needs to be addressed over the summer. Our first 11:
    Lloris
    Walker toby vertongen rose
    Dembele Dier Wanyama
    Eriksen Alli
    Kane
    are a match for anyone.

Lamela is a define first team player
    Winks Son do a very good job
    And imo Trippier does a good job

But Janssen has found life impossible and I can't see that changing.

Sissoko was and is a mystery to me. Will never get why we signed him as his lack of impact was so predictable.
    NKoudou has not had many opportunities and has done little when he has played.
    Wimmer and Davies have struggled badly.

Imo 3 injuries to key players is too much for us to cope with which in turn suggests our recruitment of squad players and players to provide competition has failed which in turn suggests a good reason for getting rid of our transfer man Paul Mitchell.

Desperately need a result on sunday but will also be without Kane <yikes>

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Toilet. And that's being nice.

Agree mate, the usual first XI in that 3-4-2-1 formation is superb and a match for anyone, it's very hard for us to actually improve that XI when all fit, it's an incredible side. Lamela, Son, Trippier and Vorm can come into that and not massively effect it in an adverse way (especially Lamela, who may well take Eriksen's spot if he don't pick up his form by the time Lamela returns). Winks is also progressing very nicely and has shown that when he replaces Dembele on around 70-75 mins we're still fine, he'll be class in a couple years time and a potential England international.

Davies is a solid LB but not a good LWB like Rose. Janssen and Sissoko are **** while GKN can be afforded a bit more time. Wimmer looks a shadow of the guy from last season but I hope he sticks through it and comes good, because he can be a very good CB in time to come.

Injuries become a nightmare for us because we have such a settled and well balanced first XI, we don't have a superstar but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. What we need in the summer is to add squad options who have similar traits to first team counterparts while shifting out the deadwood/ those who can't step up well enough.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  7. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Liverpool are in a very similar situation. Very good first 11, more than capable of beating anyone. Absolute **** overall squad (for a top team).

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Difference for us is that front three. Remove any one of them and its like they're all missing.

Similarly with Lallana

9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Both Tottenham and Chelsea finish with 79 points but the Spurs win it on goal difference , that's my story and I'm sticking to it ... the Chelsea " Meltdown " has begun .

10. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I think Spurs will get at least 77 pts, so I reckon 83 pts will suffice for Chelsky.

seabreeze likes this.

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Your probably going to be closer than me but 79 for Chelsea is a more realistic prediction now than when I originally posted it Oct 4 .