1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hull City Centre Public Realm Strategy

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jun 8, 2015.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I went to look at the Weeping Window today, very good, a bloke at House of Fraser told me they're putting some pools at the bottom.

Possibly just mixed up and was referring to the fountains that go live next week.

They really need to sort out the Polish lads sat around with cans of lager outside House of Fraser, looks terrible.

2. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Aye. Now if they were drinking cider or gin.
    Much classier.

3. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

angus young‏ @angus_young61
    Hull cabinet agrees in-depth study into new ice rink site options. Most cabinet members seem to currently favour Bond St over Colonial St.

4. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Do people still go ice skating? I've always found indoor ice rinks very depressing and soulless places.

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

6. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

Looks like they're adding a 6th floor to the Hilton, does anyone know how big this is going to be? It only looked like 5 stories on the artist impressions. I imagine this will be the last floor but it'd be great if they could add a couple more, Hull really needs a few tall buildings in the city centre.

please log in to view this image

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I've just taken a pic of the new music venue progress. It won't for some reason let me put the Photobucket link in thread. Same way I have done loads of times.

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There's five floors of rooms, above a high ceiling ground floor, I doubt that's changed.

9. Double_Dragon

Someone had better tell the workmen then because they're clearly adding another one in that pic, it could possibly be the skybar that wasn't part of the original plans.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I just checked and the revised planning application did indeed include another floor for the rooftop bar.

11. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Looks like the buildings the firemen use to practice on.

12. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

The new entrances to PQ look smart on there. The whole thing needs a buff up though - cracked floor tiles, peeling walls and windows, and obviously no shops.

There's no doubt about it, town and the marina is transforming and I think it's becoming something rather special, so hopefully it will resuscitate PQ a bit along the way.

Kempton likes this.
  13. Double_Dragon

Where's this info from? In the HDM it says the rooftop bar will be on the 4th floor (which i assumed would be an extra floor getting added to the side bit which was originally 3 stories), it's a mystery as to what's going on here, i don't think they've released any updated images of what the place is going to look like since the plans changed.

This clearly needs updating.

14. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

It would be good if someone could do something with the old offices next to the new Hilton. Did they used to be Inland Revenue? Not a nice building or anything, but big and empty.

Also the place that used to be Circus Circus across the road. There's still a banner hanging off it advertising new luxury flats, must have been up about 15 years and the flats never materialised.

What with Blundell's Corner being revamped it would be good to see that end of town tidied up too.

Kempton likes this.
  15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Maybe there's a more detailed article about the revised plans, I just got it from here...

A state-of-the-art rooftop bar could be coming to Hull if plans get given the go-ahead.

Developers behind the new Double Tree by Hilton in Hull city centre have submitted a planning application to add the new bar to the top of the hotel.

Work has already started on the 159-bed hotel, in Ferensway, which is based on the site of the former nightclub Lexington Avenue.

But Brayford Hotels, which took over the running of the development earlier this autumn, has now submitted plans for the build to be extended by another storey, which will include a rooftop bar, named Electric Bar, overlooking the entire city.

Leigh Hall, director of Brayford Hotels, which will own the property, confirmed planning permission to add a fourth floor to the development had been submitted to Hull City Council.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/new-...9965064-detail/story.html#BHuJVB97FCzpEwCQ.99

16. Double_Dragon

Hopefully the Hilton will act as a catalyst and see this plot of land across the road developed soon, it's crying out for a few high rise glass tower blocks of some sort, our skyline really is incredibly ****.

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The owner of the Circus Circus building got planning permission for thirteen flats, but I think it was only so he could sell it as a development site that already had outline planning permission.

It's £375k if anyone fancies it.

18. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I managed it, I went for Sunday lunch 2 weeks ago.

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I've never eaten in Minerva, do they do a good steak pie? I like steak pie. A lot.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The Council have got a planning application in for 100 flats on there, though as with the old Circus Circus site, it's probably just so they can sell it as a development site with outline planning.