1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Derby County

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

In an unprecedented move I'm doing the match thread this early. There is only one topic on here and will be numerous threads all week, drop Tom Huddlestone.

I like him, his touch and ability are second to none in our team. Unfortunately his lack of mobility, this has definitely gotten worse since coming here. Age, heavy bones, over the hill early? Who knows. But his selection negatively impacts others. The ball moves slowly, the wide men dont get backed up. Plus he wont shoot, neither will Jake. Look at Big H's shot, both him and Jake had no intention of driving forward and letting rip. Big H did.

I watched Real v Barca last night. Real had Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale, James, Modric, Kroos in midfield and up front. All fantastic players but no balance to the team, no water carriers.

Having Hudd in there affects our balance. We have all the skill and ability out wide and up tp with Elmo, Clucas, Diame, Abel.
    Hudd is surplus. He looked good against Boro when he was further up with lots of time and the game nearly won.

Greggsy
    Dave Davies(arf) Big H Clucas
    Elmo Jake Hayden Maloney
    Diame
    Hernandez

Lets hope there's nothing wrong with Hernandez. Young Akpom is a little bit petulant and has some poor decision making skills.
    If Abel isnt fit I would even think of putting Diame up top and Hudd behind him in an advanced role.
    Its a shame on Clucas but its either that or move Dave to LB and drop Elmo back to RB, which can still work and put Maloney to RM.

2. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Abel will be back for Derby - Bruce said it was just because after previous international breaks he was rushed back and the travel affects him

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Getting Hernandez back will obviously make us far more dangerous.

I'd definitely go for Chazz's team, but Bruce will probably go with Huddlestone again.

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

You've peaked to soon.

Huddlestone in for Hayden and I think you've got the team right there.

5. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

I would prefer Bruce to play Huddleston instead of Hayden at least for the first half. Bring Hayden on at about 60 minutes. I think he could be an impact sub. Other than that same team as Chazz. Hopefully we get away with no yellows for the guys on 4.

6. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Off like a greyhound - straight outta Trap 3, Chazz! <ok>

7. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Thing for me is, Hudd in for Meyler is not a like for like swap. You can't do that and just expect the team to perform same as.

I don't think he works in that team, so you'd have to change it around to a line up like we had against Leicester. In which Hudd was excellent.

I really want him to work out for us, but I'd rather stick to the winning formula and play Hayden.

8. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Wot e sed.

9. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

If we are going to play Huddlestone, would a diamond formation better suit him? Maybe we're trying to pop him into a system that doesn't work and if he's going to change the way we play so much, then why not put him in a formation that will get us playing again:

======Greegsy======
    Elmo==Davies=Magure==Dave
    ========Livermore=======
    Maloney============Clucas
    =========Thudd=====

=====Diame====Abel

It's not ideal and I too would rather see Hayden given a go, but if we insist on going with Thudd, then at least play him further forward with Jake in front of the defence to act as the legs. Tom's strengths come from his passing range and his long shots (when he has them), so if he's played further forward at least he'll be encouraged to have a go. He won't slow down the wing play as they can essentially by-pass him to get to the strikers if needs be, or they can find Tom inside and then let him play the strikers in through the middle (which would at least nullify our over reliance on crosses).

My only serious worry is the LB position, where a certain Mr Ince will be trying to get away. This might limit Clucas on the left as he'll be tracking back more to help cover Dave (who was caught out on more than one occasion against a crap Brizzle side).

I can see Brucey switching to a 3-5-2, with Hayden coming in alongside Thudd and Jake and Dave/Elmo and Clucas at WB. It'd mean dropping one of Elmo or Dave, but sometimes you've got to be brutal and having one able to come on as a sub would be useful.

GLP likes this.
  10. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Any team news?

Have we got next week's prediction fixtures?

Too early Chazzster, way too early. Don't collapse under pressure from others Chazz, there's always somebody ready to pounce but don't let them lure you in.

11. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I think 352 might be the best option, but if one of the CB's goes down, we're now a bit short, but any 2 up front I'd go with Akpom/Luer & Abel H, not that Diame's done anything wrong but I'd like strikers up top & more options in the box, although Diame does have good feet & with more midfielders to pass to him then he wouldn't be spending so much time trying to get the ball into the box!
    Lab also a worry for me, playing Clucas or Odubajo there is a huge risk, we really do need cover for there big time!

12. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

wonder if we might see Snodgrass, on the bench Friday night or still too early.

13. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

Huddlestone for me ahead of Hayden. I'd also prefer Alex Bruce to Maguire who I think, defensively, is an accident waiting to happen. I agree with Clucas at Left Back and Maloney on the left ahead of him.

14. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Woah.

Too soon,

I'm not ready for this yet.

Huddz in, and Hernandez in is all I can think at the mo.

I'll get back to you at the proper, allotted time.

15. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Really, he's a big lad who has plenty of strength, hasn't done much wrong, stepped in to cover big players who are out injured & deserves his spot!
    Accident waiting to happen? Everyone is going to make a mistake!
    At what point do you give a player a chance? FFS! Everyone is always crying out to give kids a chance & all that **** & you come out with that! SB is always trying to shoehorn in a player for the sake of it because he doesn't trust younger players, when he does you say that?

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll be amazed if it's not Chazz's team but with Huddlestone in for Hayden. Bruce isn't going to start ****ing about with a 3-5-2, he'll change as little as he can get away with, he's got too many forced changes already.

HHH likes this.
  17. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Totally disagree.
    Why would anyone want to sacrifice a formation which has produced the best football we've seen for years to accommodate one player?

This is incredibly simple. No single player is more important than the team.

I was almost praying we sold Hudd in the last window to finally break the spell he has over Bruce and to make the latter start picking his best team again, and I really hope he goes in January for the same reason.

18. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

He's big but far too slow. It's a top of the table match v Derby and for me that means putting your proven & experienced players in - hence Bruce for Maguire, Hernandez for Akpom and Maloney to replace Robertson.

19. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

roseniorhisgranisfromhull Well-Known Member

This.

Why change a system that's working to accommodate a player who has been **** for the last 18 months?

We've won every game he hasn't started. Hayden for Thudd and back to winning ways would be my call, but sadly can't see it happening.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  20. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

He is proven in top of the table games.

Hull City
    • 01 McGregor
    • 02 Odubajo
    • 21 Dawson Booked
    • 12 Maguire
    • 26 Robertson
    • 27 Elmohamady
    • 14 Livermore