1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City v Derby - Predictions & Line Ups

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by 4Dee, Feb 21, 2011.

1. 4Dee

4Dee Member

Guzan
    Rosenior Chester Gerrard Dawson
    Belaid Evans Harper Koren
    Fryatt Simpson

Duke Solano Hobbs Cairney Devitt Barmby McLean

Derby 0-2 Hull City

Simpson (2) if he starts if not

- Koren (1) Fryatt (1)

2. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

I'd keep the same as last time, but Simpson in for McLean and Devitt in for Stewart, to me that last one is an obvious swap as I rate Devitt more highly than Stewart anyway.

Unfortunately I think the useless Harper will come back into the team, however I'm confident that we'll still beat Derby, even if we have got effectively 10 men.

3. 4Dee

4Dee Member

I'm not certain he will start, I think you'll have your way if he is saved for the weekend. Pearson values him and if he isn't 100% I think Pearson will save him for Cardiff.

4. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

4Dee's team will be about right, Koren on RW, Belaid on LW is possible - they can both play either side..

looking at form..(last 6)

Derby County W0 D2 L4
    Hull City W2 D4 L0

Rams have lost their last 3 games at Pride Park
    City are unbeaten in 8 away games

History (Derby away in league only):

2006/7 2-2
    2005/6 1-1
    1986/7 1-1

One major plus for the Rams is Daniel Ayala who starred in their 0-0 at Scunny, he's bound to help tighten up their defence.

City's last away win was at the Baseball Ground in 1968.

prediction: Rams 1-2 Tigers (Fryatt, Simpson)

5. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Guzan
    Rosy Chester Gerrard Dawson
    Mclean Harper Koren Devitt
    Simpson Fryatt
    We have looked a bit lightweight in the middle without Harper and Ash so I would put Harper back in, he's a good CDM and not meant to be a creative player, that can be Korens role. I think Belaid needs a bit more time to acclimatise and I would bench him for this one and maybe bring him on later in the match. I think we will win 1-0.

6. tigercity

you really are a clueless clown.. I usually refrain from bollocking people on here but Harper is the glue that makes City work in the centre.. he doesn't get knocked off the ball easily, keeps it nice and simple and doesn't give the ball away much.. and as much as I think Devitt is a useful wideman, I don't agree with rating him higher than Stewart either..

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

This

8. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

Keep it really simple and stick with what is working. same as Saturday but with Koren wide and Harper in the centre to make up for Stewarts injury. I expect Simpson to come on around 60 mins. If Harper isnt 100% Then Cairney instead, with Harper saved for Cardiff at the weekend.

9. H-D

H-D Active Member

Poster's team will almost certainly be right. Can't see Harper being left out. I'll say 1-1, Belaid to get his first goal

10. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Harper's holding us together? That'd be why we've fell to pieces without him is it?

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I'd go with the OP's team and if Harpers not ready then keep Koren central and put Devitt out wide.

How many are making the journey does anyone know? And which of you lot are going? I'll be there

12. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Mannone
    Rosenior Chester Gerrard Dawson
    Koren Evans Beliad
    Simpson Fryatt Mclean

Derby 0-2 City

13. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

i think it will be

mannone

rosenoir gerrard chester dawson

koren evans harper belaid

fryatt mclean

id like it to be

mannone

rosenoir gerrard chester dawson

devitt koren evans belaid

simpson fryatt

fancy a 1-0 win

14. Lukas

Lukas Member

Simpson and Fryatt both to score. City will win 2-1

15. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

not often i disagree with you tc, but i have to here..harper points a lot, but thats about it,..whenever ive watched him closely, he rarely thunders into tackles, he doesnt shirk them, but hes no enforcer, he rarely wins headers, in fact away at reading he backed out of more then 1 aerial challenge...., he jogs back when others are sprinting..he is neat and tidy on the ball, but for me he is never a defensive-rock or muscle and i dont get why people think his re introduction will provide some steel...it wont.

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't really think it's about having an enforcer, Harper is never going to be an Ash type player.

We do have an issue at the moment, as we have too many flair players in midfield and it leaves Evans too exposed. He's good on the ball and he can pick out a decent pass, but he's being given too much to do at the moment, stick Harper alongside him(despite me not rating him) and I think he'll get more of a chance to shine.

17. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Interesting comments re. Harper. I think we need a player like him to make the team more effective, and I think he's done as well as Ashbee did this season in that position. People always knocked Ashbee over the years too. I don't know many teams that are effective without a proper holding midfielder and for me we haven't had that for a few games now.

18. tigercity

There's a reason why Nige likes Harper in there and it's because we don't get over-run in midfield, Ipswich controlled a lot of the game and 1-1 was a good return.

I can see Savage trying to bully Evans, Belaid etc.. Harper is no enforcer but he still plugs holes and provides breathing space, take the ball from defence, keep it, pass it on..

19. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Harper will be back in, heard Evans was bullied a bit on Saturday, so christ know what Savage will do to him. Not a Harper basher so no problem with him coming back in. Same team as the author of the article and a 2-0 win for city (Koren and Fryatt). 4 points from these 2 away games would be a good return and set us up nicely for the upcoming games, and i actually fancy us to beat Cardiff on Saturday.

20. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

Talking to a mate at work he said it was rumoured that there's a good travelling support tomorrow? Anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

I'd be happy to see OP's team, and another sneeky away win!