1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Nottingham Forest

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 14, 2016.

1. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I don't agree.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You can terminate a season long loan in the January window, if the contract terms allow it, but not at any other time.

Obviously top teams are not going allow players to go out on loan, if the loaning clubs can just back them whenever they fancy it.

3. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Clearly the players don't like it as Robertson has commented on it and it seems to have upset him again last night so it doesn't really matter if you disagree. You can argue it shouldn't affect them, but it does.

4. SydneyTiger14

They can generally recall them at any time by repaying the loan fee so not sure why that wouldn't be mutual.

Again, we could just stick him in the reserves in that case which I'm sure they'd appreciate a lot less.

5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Did you see Robertson's reaction all the way from Sydney? Impressive! I was there, storm in a teacup, players need to take responsibility for the reactions they receive. Defeat or drawing is fine, providing as a minimum the players apply themselves and put in the effort. I think for a number of recent home games the players have been coasting.

Tonight was perhaps the best example of that out of all the recent disappointments at home as Forest worked really hard when they didn't have the ball to win the ball back. We didn't, work and endeavour can go a long way in sport. The contrast between the two sides when they didn't have the ball was like night and day, Forest in that department were far superior.

Do you have a link to Robertsons comments about not liking it?

6. SydneyTiger14

Going off someone else's word to be fair. Each to their own so fair enough.

Robertson's post match interview after MK Dons had his comments about how he didn't think it was called for to boo the team.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It would be a great way to make sure they never loan us anyone else.

8. SydneyTiger14

I'm sure there's been plenty of clubs to take players on loan who haven't worked out or haven't made the squad for stretches of the season - e.g. Hayden..

9. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Bruce has 'got in early' his end of season dross this season - I wonder how many want to 'Earn Their Stripes' watching this turgid ****

10. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

It's painfully obvious now that City are losing form at the wrong time and our manager cannot motivate the players by the looks of things. One or two on here keep suggesting Bruce should have gone last season, and whilst I disagreed with that at the time,the last few weeks have shown we are quickly becoming play off fodder at best,and the boardroom made a huge mistake by allowing Bruce to yet again waste so much money on squad who,quite frankly,are finding the promotion battle too hot to handle.

11. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

The first 10 minutes were excellent, but they obviously couldn't sustain the tempo and faded away. However, if they'd actually managed to score from the couple of opportunities they had then, I think it would have been a different match.

Overall, Forest looked like they had nothing to lose, and their goal came from just having a go. Whereas we seem to have returned to the same problems we had last season of panicking in front of goal. Plenty of chances, just need one to go in. Massively frustrating. Maybe we need to fly Abel's family back for another visit

12. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

I know he had some successes, he also no doubt had some failures. And when something isn't working it has to be changed, managers will say it's just the players and that they didn't buy them, that they didn't pick them, that they don't train them and that they don't pick who plays where.

Just like last season when Livermore was cack this season we play people who simply aren't performing in the hope that they will get better eventually, and then it's a long long wait for very little. One of those like that this season is Diame.

13. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

Another opportunity missed, out of ideas, out of form and out of contention. This goal shy/fear of failure attitude seems to be taking hold, players with sight of goal frightened to have a go, preferring to lay the ball off passing responsibility to someone else, Diame and others guilty on several occasions. Why not just have a go, even with lots of bodies in the box, the ball could ricochet anywhere?

Maybe it's time to introduce a fine system, where players with sight of goal pass on the responsibility to others, get fined each time! That may encourage them to have a shot, the funds raised could go into a charity pot or a pot to subsidise fans away travel if they want our support more!

On a serious note, like other posters have said, the last 10 mins I would have tried big H up top, he is not averse to getting in the box and having a go and doesn't carry the baggage of fear of failure to score.

14. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I have never booed at a game, that's my choice. Others booing is their choice; I find it difficult to criticise them if they are given good reason. They are consistently given good reason. As GLP says, they are pro sportsmen and should accept both ends of the appreciation scale as a measure and opinion of their very well paid endeavours. Robertson is, perhaps, coming to terms with that part of his job, just as he should do with the technical issues of playing LB.
    People keep saying they want a cauldron; ecstatic cheering and chanting, along with frustrated booing and heckling are all the ingredients of a sporting cauldron. Times, wages and folk have all changed.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  15. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Diame should have scored when he got to the rebound off the post in the 1st half. Whether he's an enigma or a luxury he needs to be dropped. Its no good moaning at the midfield for passing backwards as too often there isn't a forward pass on because our forwards don't seem to be able to find space or lose their markers. I thought the likes of Abel, Akpom and even Diomande were supposed to have lightning pace and play on the shoulder of the last man. I haven't seen much of that this season.

Expect the remaining home games to follow the same pattern as every team will now be coming with a 4-5-1 formation and challenging us to break them down. Maybe we'll play with a bit more freedom away from home from now until the end of the season? Lose on Friday and I think we will get play offs at best. We've hit a bad spell at the wrong time.

16. GlassHalfHull

GlassHalfHull Well-Known Member

I haven't read all the thread but I'm surprised at the criticism of Diame and Aluko; both seemed prepared to challenge for the ball and put themselves at risk in the challenge. Too many players have been ducking out of challenges for weeks. Avoiding injury seems to overshadow work rate and getting stuck in when the game's not going our way.

17. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Of our get stuck in midfield players - Livermore, Meyler and Hayden only Hayden was available last night and after Saturday it was probably right to bench him. One of our problems is that we have no leaders on the pitch - no one is barking out orders or giving bollockings when needed and not too many leading by example at the moment either.

BOJACKHCAFCMAN likes this.
  18. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

In January we scored 15 goals in 6 games.
    In February we scored 3 goals in 6 games.
    In March (so far) we have scored 2 goals in 4 games.

The wheels have fell off chaps, there is something very wrong and, like you, I haven't the faintest idea what the solution is but we need some goals from somewhere and FAST!

19. armchairfan

Why don't others like Diame and Hernandez ever get benched then? Because they'd throw a strop?

20. armchairfan

Apparently Diame gave the ball away 8 times in the first half alone.