1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Sheff Wednesday

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, May 26, 2016.

1. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

You must be older than me then. From the first time I was stoned by Sheff Utd on the way out of the North Stand in the early 80s, I have thought they were ****s. **** Leeds, **** Scunthorpe. Sheff Utd are the real enemy. Never had a problem with Wednesday.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  2. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

Brady looked to be having a good season whenever I watched one of your games, is that correct? Reckon you'll keep him? I'd certainly take him back if available.

3. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

im not that old , but old enough to see the "Psychos" run from West ham , Newcastle and Leicester , when a few of us Stood under Boothferry Rd bridge , yeah i got whacked , n busted up by Bradford lot , but ive never took a step back - n i was probably 14 so blaaa blaaaaaa blaaaa you
    wendies arnt a fighing force , i didnt bring that point , they are a bunch of family friendly dough boys n girls , but ive way more respect for the red - they are real brawlers

petersaxton likes this.
  4. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

you may have that quote held against you hahaa ;) , last time i saw Boro play i did a head countr
    and there were 36 ****kers on the pitch . . . . 30fucking6 !!!!

5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Go back through the years and Wednesday were the main force in Sheffield. They came here and took the piss when we had good crowds. Before they had walls at BP they were one of only 3 lots to get right across behind the goal, the others being Leicester and Man City. Not even Sunderland managed that.
    Things have altered since then.I know a big Wednesday fan and the reasons he gives are many, a lot similar to some of our moans. He moved out of their Kop because of it. Was a member of the group Ban the Band. That band was detested more by old time Wednesday fans than fans of other clubs.

6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Just back, wasn't a classic but was a good game to watch. We had the game under controlled for more or less the whole match. Credit to Wendies supporters who gave it good go, but they could not match us on the pitch. How Robertson missed I'll never know, but Diame came up with a stunner when it mattered.

P.S. Loved the celebrations at the end, clearly they were all over the moon. Particularly love Jak's enthusiasm

7. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

Mel B was impressed with my Hull City AFC Yorkshire t shirt today. Got a smile. Only person I could find who might give a damn here in the west coast of the USA.

Not sure she had a clue we played mind you as she seemed more intent on pool bobbing with her hubby.

Besides, she is Leeds.

There was a huge roar from the loud music party pool when Real Madrid won. Nowt for us. Soccer Philistines.

HGS66 likes this.
  8. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Just got in. That Wembley car park is a right laugh :(

Muffinthegoat likes this.
  9. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

This seems appropriate ... C'mon You 'Ull.

10. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

He faded quite badly in the last quarter of the season, but that was probably because he was being played out of position. Great and exciting player on his day, we'll be lucky to kept him.

11. where's les mutrie now

where's les mutrie now Well-Known Member

Super soaraway City! Joy unconfined. Still feel pretty wazzed up from last night. We are 'ull and the whole world knows.

12. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

can't believe Brucie took off all our striking options - if they had equalised we'd have been ****ed in extra time - anyway we proved we had the best centre back pairing in the League now looking forward to next season - this supposed sale is going to cause confusion - if someone is buying the club then Brucie will have to stay in the short term, no manager will come here knowing a new owner might get rid of him - it's going to be and interesting few weeks before the season starts

dennisboothstash likes this.
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I thought I must be the only one thinking that! Especially when he brought on Harry as the last sub, at least before that we could have brought Akpom on for extra time
    Hey ho...it worked

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

15. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

When things are going really comfortably I'm not sure what the point is making changes. We seemed to be making changes before Sheffield Wednesday did.

16. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I said exactly the same whilst watching. It was a bad tactical decision.

mazzer and dennisboothstash like this.
  17. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

I said it when he tok Hernandez off as did Skidby Plastic and Kevin Francis. Then it got dafter. We were fortunate because Wednesday had a great opportunity in the dying moments but their player shot over the top of the goal. Those same tactics got us relegated last season.

Skidby Plastic likes this.
  18. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Congratulations Tigggers ... welcome back to the promised land... :)

19. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Thought our midfield were excellent yesterday. Livermore was his typical self getting stuck in and being everywhere, but Tom absolutely ran the show from the middle. More passes, touches and tackles than anyone else and the passes were bloody good. An excellent performance from him. He's had a great second half of the season and not got much credit for it.

20. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Has jak defo been told he's released? After his finish to the season he's earned a contract for me

CANADATIGER likes this.