1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull United

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC, Jun 24, 2015.

1. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

Everything official from the club (well virtually) still comes out as Hull Tigers or The Tigers......with no mention of Hull City.........until that changes I fear people (including myself) will stay away.

Fortunately there is plenty of motorsport to keep me occupied at the minute....I may miss footie more when there isn't......but I'll still not return to the KC as long as Allam is involved

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Apparently Hall Road have offered United a ground share. United seem to be keeping their options open with no home game for a couple of weeks at least.

3. ....

.... Well-Known Member

Latest facebook post by Hull United

The football club has released a statement in Hull Daily Mail today, we are disappointed the statement wasn't published in full, this is the full statement, stating the side of Hull United and the difficult position we have been put in.
    Sadly due to surprising comments recently released in the local press by our former Chairman the club has released this official statement regarding claims made.
    Hull United AFC was formed from the old club St Andrews football club, a club with 30 years history in the city, when Jamie Waltham and Jamie Barnwell met John Duffill and Kenny Sayers, changing the club name to Hull United AFC. The club moved to Dene Park, a venue which Jamie Waltham stated he owned, that was untrue.
    Recent developments have shown Jamie Waltham DOES NOT OWN DENE PARK, and never has, something which has left the club in a difficult position.
    Hull United AFC was granted a lease by Boothferry Park Ltd on the 1st October 2014 for 85 years, A company of which Jamie is the owner and claimed owned Dene Park.
    During his time as chairman the lease was used for applications to the big lottery fund, Virtual learning and The FA.
    Due to the serious nature of this Hull United AFC have appointed Gareth Williams of GWH Solicitors LLP as our legal representatives, as we seek advise and guidance.
    Jamie wanted the club to sell shares to fans by charging all new and existing members a £10 fee to help raise the funds to purchase the 75 year lease for the site. Something the club committee rejected at their latest committee meeting, a meeting attended by committee members only. This was rejected as stating in the early stages of setting out, that the club would never ask for funds or try and raise funds from the youth football teams, charging them £10 would go against this and the original values.
    Hull United AFC is a non for profit member’s organisation, with over 300 members, run by a committee of which Jamie Waltham became Chairman. In May 2015 Jamie resigned from his role as Chairman for the second time, after announcing at Hull United AFC end of season awards he felt Ian Ashbee was the right man to take the club forward, knowing full well he was no longer part of the committee after resigning. The committee acted promptly taking the decision to vote Ian Ashbee as the new Chairman of the Football Club. The Football club has never been owned by an individual, its owned by its members.
    The foundations & idea of affordable football for local people, was based on large numbers of fans coming through the gate and the club generating and income on the sales of concessions in the bar etc, sadly this has not been the case, with the concessions been held back to pay for the rental/maintenance of the site, something the club were told did not require paying as Jamie owned Dene Park,
    As a result high emphases fell on gaining sponsorship from local companies to cover costs, with Jamie willing to cover any short fall, again something that Jamie has failed to do after stating “I have taken the decision to withdraw my funding from the club”. Sadly some businesses are not prepared to invest in the club with the current non-for profit model, as the club needs to make a profit to survive, Businesses that were approached and were rely excited about the Hull United brand, would not invest in Jamie Waltham,
    As a club we are looking at the best solutions to make the club self-sufficient while been true to the clubs values.
    Jamie also requested at the last committee meeting that 4 new committee members including himself should be voted onto the committee, something that was rejected, the club rules state a committee of 10 people, 9 of which the positions are already filled. This would mean 3 people having to resign; something that as a club we felt was unfair. Committee members did unanimously agree that Jamie should be on the committee and on the agenda for the next meeting was to vote on Jamie rejoining the committee again for the third time. As a committee we believe Jamie should be on the Committee and should have never left, he has put a lot of hard work into Hull United AFC.
    The football club has never said “Jamie has never been wanted”, this could not be further then the truth, he is highly respected and valued by all at Hull United AFC for all his efforts. That been said unfortunately, due to his actions as a player on the field, and his antics off it we feel we can no longer tarnish the clubs reputation.
    As a club we would like to reassure fans that the original values set out still stand. with two of the founding members having resigned this does not change the values of the club, two remain as do the committee members headed by one of Hull’s most successful sports man in Chairman Ian Ashbee
    We would like to apologise for having to air our views in the local press as this is something that should have been kept in house but felt the need to after reading Mr Walthams version of events. As a club we would like to put this to bed and move on in a professional manner.
    The club are currently negotiating with the owners of Dene Park over the long term future of Hull United AFC at Dene Park, and hope a solution can be found.
    Again we hope the fans can get behind the club as you have been outstanding so far and without you the club does not work, thank you for your fantastic support.

Maybe just me but this is starting to look really quite childish over all

4. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Are they surprised the HDM didn't print that in full? Seriously?

Still, it makes Ehab Allam's press statements look competent.

5. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

The poor English and terrible grammar in that will give Castro a stroke.

Kevin Francis likes this.
  6. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

If he stated he owned somewhere and didn't just cut him off for that.

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

That's a sporting gesture.

Aren't Hull United due to play them there soon?

8. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I thought you didn't venture into the city anyway !!!!
    It's a rather frightful place isn't it ???

9. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I'll be alright. I have survived your posts without cardiac events.

Happy Tiger and Kevin Francis like this.
  10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

All rather unfortunate.

11. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

That's bollocks, if you can turn off and suddenly support another team then you were never REALLY a City supporter. Your football team should be ingrained into your soul, and that should never allow you to support another team, no matter what the circumstances.

12. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

It's good for Hull United that they've managed to free themselves from the clutches of a lying dictator.

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Agreed.

The club has been there for 111 years, the twats have been here for 4. The club will be here long after the twats leave.

I think the folks who are 'boycotting' are the folks who weren't around in the Fish/Lloyd days. Those folks wouldn't be pushed aside by the twats.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

They play at United's ground next month and at Hall Road on Boxing day.

DMD likes this.
  15. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

How can you claim to own a football ground but then not actually own it - I don't really get how this has happened

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

There's a kind of symmetry in Hull United playing games at Hall Road Rangers new ground, because they can't play at Hall Roads old ground..

petersaxton likes this.
  17. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I can think of some who are boycotting who were around in those days and were around long before then as well.

18. Shropshire Lag

Shropshire Lag Active Member

Quite bizarre. A £3 check with the Land Registry shows Dene Park Park Holdings as the owner and a couple of quid (or less) spent with Companies House shows that company's shareholders/ Directors. Not hard.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You don't need to pay anything, basic information is available free on any company check website.

jamesthemonkeh likes this.
  20. Shropshire Lag

Shropshire Lag Active Member

Yeah but I was curious so I treated myself to a couple of older £1 reports :)