1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If Dick says no ......

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, May 22, 2015.

1. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's not good enough ADR. It would just seem like we've still got a temporary manager and any potential quality signings, who might be swayed by the thought of playing for DA, wouldn't do so knowing he was just here for the season. He'd have to sign a 3 year contract.

2. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Simeone from Athletico Madrid.....now there would be passion on the touch line. Sure he would like a nibble in the Premier League...

3. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Yeah, he'll go from a top 3 team in La Liga to a relegation scrapping team in the premier.

Great shout...

4. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

No No NO unless you mean the Field Marshall.

Disco down under likes this.
  5. LAMackem

My apologies for an input....best league in the world musn't be attractive to anyone. A club with a fantastic stadium stadium and fan base....your right....not a great shout....

6. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh><laugh> Of course. Who else could I have meant?

7. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

I am a great admirer of Brace and maybe in time he will move into management, but has he got the experience to step into King Dicks shoes after a year or even two, I am not so sure. Its one thing to be a great player/coach but an entirely different kettle of fish to be a manager of a Premier League club these days. This play off final could be interesting and I hope the Boro come up, but as was mentioned today a few Premiership clubs may be looking at the manager of the loosing side,as future managerial material. I think we need to wait and see, its certainly exciting now that we are on the move forward again, what a point that was, not mine, I refer to the one picked up at the emirates. <cheers>

8. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

No need to apologise. I just don't think it's at all realistic. You obviously do.

That's what the forum's for, people with differing opinions.

9. LAMackem

No problems....totally agree. I would think that people like Simeone...Klopps...of the world would look at if they came they would turn the team around and have us fighting at the other end of the table. Yes, they would need investment but they would agree to that before they join. Sunderland in terms of an opportunity in world football is a fantastic place to be....that's why Dick is here....managed multiple international countries plus top club sides. To see him crying with passion after just nine games on board for someone who has probably seen nearly everything in life during his football career was amazing....but that is what Sunderland can do to you.....lol

10. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

I am going to try and find something out on this. I am working with a guy that is a freind of Shorts in 2 weeks. I will see if I can get any dirt.

Last thing I was told is Short is reluctant to spend a lot of money because in his opinion he has already spent a small fortune. That was before Christmas though.

I would love Moyes personally. Man U was not the right job for him but he did superbly at Everton with a limited budget. Remember where they were before he took over.

11. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

He's also a piece of ****

Disco down under and Brian Storm like this.