1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If Leicester do it....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Feb 2, 2016.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Why do so many hate Norwich and Villa? For me Leicester come out of the same rusty inbred fishbait box.

2. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Oh, ok. I don't know why so many hate certain clubs, I assume there are specific reasons in each case. I genuinely dislike Chelsea, even though my stepson is a fan, my missus hates that I do, but I just do. I find them arrogant and unpleasant, with exception of course.

I can't think of any other clubs that I feel particularly negative towards. I love the banter on match day, but that's all it is. I even quite like millwall.

Just a bundle of joy, me.

NorwayRanger and QPR Oslo like this.
  3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I really disliked that Norwich team under Lambert with Holt up front and Johnson in midfield but can't say I have any feelings either way towards them as a club. Having lived in Birmingham for three years and gone out with a girl from a family of Villa fans for nearly six, I would love to see the ****s drop through the leagues. Was gutted when we went there and bossed the game only for Julio Cesar to put in probably his worst (and there was some competition) performance for us and lose 3-2. That was when we'd just started getting some momentum and it could have been a huge win for us. Even bloody Bosingwa hit the post with a 30 yard free kick.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I'm not in the 'I hope they win it camp". Like to see a London side win the Prem, either Arse or Spuds.

MKRanger71, Stroller and QPR Oslo like this.
  5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

9 points from 15 and it's theirs.

6. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Man I remember that Villa game we outplayed them totally if I remember correctly. Have to agree re Norwich, didn't like Lambert or Johnson, but no beef with them otherwise. As for Villa glad to see them finally get what they deserve.

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Don't see what everyone's problem is with Leicester, they have quite simply been the best team in the PL this season, they play to their strengths and no one has been able to live with them. Only three defeats in 32 matches is title-winning form however poor the 'established' big guns have been. They are the epitome of a 'team' and they will be worthy champions...

8. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

This, that and the other.

9. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

+2 I'm not a betting man but still say spuds

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just waiting for Kneecap to out out and say "That Danny Simpson, always thought he was a good player, liked the look of him, knew he'd have a big future, triffic lad, always 100% commitment, never let me down....."

Charlatan........

It's one hell of a story........jealous as hell....

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Have I mentioned that I ****ing hate Norwich?

12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

When I started this thread, I said I'd be delighted for Leicester to win.
    I'm less sure now but can't work out why apart from base jealousy!
    However, with their run in of Hammers (H), Swans (H), Manure (A), Everton (H) and Chelsea (A), if they get through those games ahead then they are worthy winners.

Spurs' run in might be very slightly easier.

13. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If any of the rest of you are Jewish and from close to NW London you'll know how unbearable life will become if Spurs win it.

Leicester is a great story. Don't understand the snide stories and opinions leaking out on them.

daverangers and sb_73 like this.
  14. QPRoma

QPRoma Active Member

Ranieri ooo Ranieri ooo

15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

It is a good story, but I just think Spurs are a better and more attractive side and I'd rather an entertaining team won the league. I'd rather watch Tottenham or Arsenal than Leicester.

16. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

From Leicester's point of view and probably the sporting world in general, it is a fantastic story. For 90% of last season while they were bottom, I thought we would finish above them and 12 months later, they are on the verge of winning the ultimate football prize in England. Good luck to them I say. I really hope they do it. Imagine, some of our fans were camped on their board not so long ago taking the piss. I am sure the same people are very quiet today.

17. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Do you remember Queenslander? Lol. Bless him.

finglasqpr likes this.
  18. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

After supporting QPR since 1971, anyone can understand why I hope Leicester win it. I've also supported the underdog.
    I also have a lot of respect for Raneri. I still remember when Chelsea sack him after coming second ( if I'm correct ) ........... very piss poor effort from them.

19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

IMO Leicester are the apitomy of the modern way to play.
    They press continuously and then play in transition with pace.
    If you have someone with Vardy's pace there's nothing wrong with playing it through for him early. I watched Lineaker do it for years. If you play too many passes in the middle then Vardy's opportunities are closed down.
    Spurs also play a pressing game and hit teams in transition. They just don't have someone with Vardy's pace.
    Leicester play good football too and they certainly aren'ta hoofball side.

NorwayRanger and sb_73 like this.
  20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed watching Leicester this season, above the romance of the underdog stuff.

Spurs will win stuff if they keep this team and manager in place.

Arsenal have been the best team to watch for 20 years. I will always had a soft spot for them. They only have themselves to blame for not winning much more in the last 10 years and my sympathy is limited because the solutions to their lack of trophies are pretty clear - get back the steel they had to add to the style as when they had Viera etc. Plus Wenger is increasingly paranoid.

Any one of these three is preferable to City, United, Chelsea. Very happy for Leicester to have their day in the sun, it's only going to be this season.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016