1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Bruce doing one?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by jayc89, May 28, 2016.

1. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

On the radio this morning they were saying that a takeover by an American owner is now very close that promotion has been confirmed. This seems to be consistent with Bruce saying he's unsettled around a takeover and wants assurances about whats happening.

It wouldn't be unknown for a new owner to sack the incumbent manager and bring in a supposedly bigger name. I'm thinking Bruce wants to know where he stands with any new owner first as he doesn't want sacking just before the start of the season and left without a club.

I'm almost at the point now where I think I'm about to climb onto the fence about where Steve can take us going forward. I've supported him so far in that I'm surprised anyone can get City to operate around the upper echelons of the football pyramid (but maybe my brain is still a little bit stuck on the 90s when this was all just an unlikely dream).

2. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Bruce is on radio Blunderside at 11 30. Maybe he will tell us.

3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

All this uncertainty will only damage our chances of strengthening the squad for next season. Who's holding the purse strings? What player would join us not knowing who the manager might be? Who in our present squad (that we want to keep) might decide to jump ship if the chance comes up?

It could be a rocky old summer and an even rockier 2016-17 season.

That's supporting City for you!

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  4. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Or the takeover could be completed smoothly, the owners restore the City branding, make strides to re-engage the supporters, and players look at the club as one that has been in the PL 3 of the last 4 seasons and see it as one on the rise.

Learning To Fly, PLT and Fez like this.
  5. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

The Allams normally have a holiday around this time anyway. And with Assem ill it could slow things down too, so a takeover happening (depending obviously on who takes over) could hasten business if it gets done reasonably quickly.

6. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

People may be critical of our style of football, sat there silently demanding to be entertained. However a manager's job is to achieve results, win promotion etc. This Steve Bruce has done. And has done before. How anyone thinks he should be replaced (him choosing to leave of his own choosing is another matter and for him to decide) is a mystery. For him to have achieved what he did with all the off field shenanigans after losing some very good players has been a notable achievement.

7. SydneyTiger14

Simeone might be available. :1980_boogie_down:

8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Oh, hold my aching sides.

9. SydneyTiger14

The only reason he had this season to achieve a 'notable achievement' is because of his spectacular failures in the previous season. People have short memories. Automatic promotion or winning the league would have been a notable achievement. With the squad we had he made it far more difficult than it should have been.

CANADATIGER and Willson like this.
  10. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I don't know how far down the line negotiations are but unless it's 99% done (which I doubt) it would still take time for things to settle, eg sorting players contracts, new manager maybe, etc.

11. SydneyTiger14

From the sounds of things we're going to be going quiet for roughly a month, unless I misinterpreted Bruce.

12. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

His speech at the post match party last night edged towards him leaving.

Clucas got a rendition of "Steve Bruce had a dream" going, all the players joined in.

13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Burnsey just tweeted that the talks with the new owners are at an advanced stage, and he understands they want to keep Bruce as manager.

14. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

I've thought this too.very likeable fella steve bruce, he looks like he needs a rest.portugal for the summer will help.if he stays I hope he gets players who he trusts to go forward because the defensive stuff is boring.

15. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

@bbcburnsy EXCLUSIVE...Talks to sell @hullcity to an American group at an advanced stage. I understand they want to keep Steve Bruce in place. #hcafc

16. SydneyTiger14

Interesting. Wonder what he'll think.

I think if he decides to stay then that's a great indication of the intent of the owners.

17. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Please God let's get this club sold, scrap the scheme, old badge back........ Interesting times indeed, we might even need to reopen the ticket office for fans to buy their season tickets.

PLT, Obadiah, balkan tiger and 2 others like this.
  18. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I hope to god its not because they 'don't know anything about football/ are not football people!!!'

19. MadridTiger

MadridTiger Active Member

Anything would be better than what we have at the moment. I respect the all ams for what they have done to the club, but it ends there. They have made a complete hash of things over the last two years alienating fans, club name, badges, membership schemes. Putting hull city tigers on ticket master was a real bad touch and just seemed out of spite.

Exciting time ahead. New owners. I do think Bruce deserves his chance again but we give him till November

20. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Even after yesterday he looked a beaten man to me. I'd be pleased to see him go and say thank you,