1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic It,s not cricket

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by fredor, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

When are you going to send a proper cricket team to Australia ? the present one has about as much chance of winning as Newcastle have of winning a local derby

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cricket - a game invented by the English to allow our former colonies to get over their inferiority complexes.

3. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

And what a magnificent result they achieved

4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Does our great country ever do things by halves? Take it you think Australia are going to win it. New Zealand look quite good.

5. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I backed Australia at 11-4 a couple of months ago - I think they have 7 or 8 in their team that can win a game on their own

English cricket has gone backwards since Paul Downton and James Whitaker have been involved - until they go from the ECB it's not going to get much better

6. Fork Handles

Fork Handles Well-Known Member

Not a bad result for Yorkshire though with both Finch and Maxwell coming next year. Add Root and Ballance from England and the 5 who were on the LIons tour and there's a great team there.

7. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

If you leave a bowl of fruit untouched for a period of time it will develop it's own culture.
    I wonder what went wrong with Australia.

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I backed the Aussies ages ago but I think New Zealand are going to piss on my chips. McCullum is the best player in the world right now.

Our record in one day cricket is embarrassing. QF would be progress. Everyone is getting on at the batting, the bowling was a disgrace. Half trackers on a slowing pitch. Bowl some yorkers you ****tards, its not complicated.

9. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Early days but the England selectors are a disgrace. Dropping Bopara when it was too late, Root first cover bowler, Taylor in too late and no place for Ben Stokes after what he did for Durham.

10. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

England's problem is not their ability but their attitude, winning the toss and putting Australia in to bat was a classic example no other team would have done it , they were reluctant to face the Aussie bowlers, their best chance of winning would be to put on a decent score and put the Aussies under pressure from the start and they do have the players capable of doing that

11. Warmir Pouchov

Stokes was the obvious choice ahead of Bopara 2 years ago. Sadly Fredor has made a sensible comment too, we are negative, the attitude is all wrong,

12. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

You can still edit your comment Boro

13. Rafa's Championship Party

Having seen the scores in the World Cup so far, then it's clear that the best option is to bat first. Think all 5 teams have scored 300 or more and only Ireland have chased it down.

14. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Fair play Fredor I totally agree with your assessment of the game - I actually quite like the Australia team in the main. Exciting bunch and don't mind at all seeing them do well. Want England to win but reality suggests that is rather unlikely.

15. Rafa's Championship Party

England need to start building for 2019. That should mean building a team around players like Stokes and Taylor. Not leaving Stokes out and batting Taylor at 6.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Hales set the T20 WC alight. Other countries would have boosted him and fast tracked him to both formats. We were hesitant, showed little support and 12 months on he doesn't look the same. We had 12 months to get that exciting set of hitters going. It really is pitiful

We should be sitting with Hales, Bell, Ali, Taylor, Root, Buttler, Stokes, Woakes, Broad, Anderson, Finn. Loads of bowling options, solid but quick scorers with Bell, Root, Taylor. Then hitting from Hales, Ali, Buttler, Stokes.

To hear Morgan admit that they told the bowlers to bowl half trackers instead of yorkers is mindboggling. Peter Moores wants shot with ****. The game has never changed and never will. End of an innings bowl yorkers. Yes the bad ones get hit for six. Teams will hit sixes end of. Honestly the lack og clarity in how we build and coach is startling. The treatment of exciting players like Hales and Stokes is annoying,

17. Rafa's Championship Party

Think you've got to have an order than can change for different situations. Not sure Anderson is one for the future, would be looking elsewhere. Also Jason Roy should also be worth a look at in the squad.

18. Warmir Pouchov

I did look at Roy, possibly instead of Bell. I agree Anderson is not for the future but I don't mind experienced bowlers. He bowls a great yorker. You have to allow him too though instead of filling his head with ****e.

19. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Just watching the farce ( Cannot call it a match ) between England and New Zealand the English players are a disgrace to the country they represent, I get the impression that they do not want to be out there, like rabbits caught in the headlights

20. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Sixth over and England bowlers have restricted New Zealand to 16 runs an over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.