1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic It,s not cricket

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by fredor, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

What's happened today proves it's times to re-build the team. Should change about 6 or 7 of them in the summer and accept it's a long process to 2019. New Zealand were a dreadful team not so long ago but they kept faith in young players and look at them now. Got to be favourites for the World Cup.

2. Sammy's Silky Skills

Sammy's Silky Skills Well-Known Member

England have melted down faster that Bri on a bottle of blue pop.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

That was some brutal dismantling by McCullum. He is a top top player these days. What is inexcusable is making 123 on an absolute belter. That wicket was flat as a pancake, the bounce and carry was true. It was quick without being hostile. The ground was small. It was crying out for a Hales and Stokes to get out there and give it some coco.

Bowling wise it was poor again but you're on a hiding to nothing defending 123 in them conditions with McCullum ready to rock.

They should be ashamed of themselves. To me that was a "lets hope we beat the associate sides and scrape through to the next phase" performance. They've got **** all about them. If they think home conditions are going to be enough to deal with the Aussies in the summer, they are in for a very nasty shock.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Bowler Overs Maidens Runs Wickets
    Anderson 5 .0 0 37 0
    Broad 2.2 0 27 0
    Finn 2.0 0 49 0
    Woakes 3.0 1 8 2

You just have to love the comparison between Finn's figures and Woakes figures though.

5. Rafa's Championship Party

Woakes is one of the few players who England should be looking to build a team around after this World Cup, has been impressive recently (think he had one bad game).

6. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Cricket.JPG

This must be their next one against England

7. Heed

Heed well known cheat

A sad state of affairs when the mighty Scotland have no fear of playing England.

Perhaps if the England players carrying the wooden objects try and hit the little round projectile thing, the way players do from other Countries it might help a bit.

Come on the Aussies.

8. Warmir Pouchov

I'm not convinced this lot will beat the associate side. We could end up bottom. For sure I think Bangladesh will do us. I think England are fighting to not end up bottom.

9. Rafa's Championship Party

Prior to yesterday's game I would have said this was a very negative post, now after yesterday I fear you could be right. Silly thing is if we get rained off against Scotland or Afghanistan, even beating Bangladesh wouldn't be enough.

10. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

All they had to do was finish 4th in their group and it was too much for them, heads should roll

Ellis Short Is likes this.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Didn't bowl well enough right through the tournament. Today they bowl a bit better but then bat like a bunch of club cricketers. Rabbits in the headlights. The worrying thing for me is this regime. I accept Moores did ok at Lancashire but the lack of a cohesive plan is very worrying. I'm not saying the players are the best, they'd probably still struggle against the likes of India, Aus, SA, SL and NZ. However they have enough to compete with the likes of WI, PAK, Bang, etc. The difference these teams either have players who will lead from the front or are well coached. We never seemed sure of our best team, left big hitters at home, had no idea how to go about death bowling, and generally struggled to construct innings.

Look at Aus and NZ. They have very clear plans. Bowlers bowl full yorker deliveries. They'll throw in the odd short ball. They also have enough about them to know when to follow a batsman, bowl a yorker wide. They'll hit a good length early if the ball is doing a bit. They think for themselves. The batsman are destructive but it is doing them a disservice to say they just go out and whack it. They know when to go, and in the big moments when under the pump, they have a set of balls to see it through.

I find our efforts this time round to be worse than before. It was just as limp but the lack of clear direction from above takes the biscuit.

Ellis Short Is and BigDaveysJCB like this.
  12. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Unfortunately, England are stuck in the past and falling further behind in the modern ODI game.

It needs a complete re-vamp with a change in attitude and mindset, starting with the Coach, otherwise, failings like this will continue and become the norm, although it could be argued that is already the case.

At least, the competition is getting to the QF Stage now with minnows like England on their way home.

13. Rafa's Championship Party

Think they will make changes. Should be picking players for the ODI's this year, with 4 years times in mind. That means no more Broad, Bell, Anderson or Morgan.

14. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

As I Durham fan I'm partial but I do find it odd we haven't stuck with Stokes. It's easy in hindsight though some of the decisions were baffling from the off. Even if we had qualified I very much doubt we would have got beyond the next round anyway so perhaps a bit of extra embarrassment will actually make things happen.

You an Aus fan Fredor? I wish them well, they are playing the game in the right way and look a very good side, actually enjoyable to watch - can't remember saying that about England for some time as we just refuse to actually have a go at the opposition.

15. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Afghanistan game should be an interesting one. I would actually love to see Afghanistan win. Didn't they used to play with peoples heads as balls (or was that Polo?)

16. Warmir Pouchov

The Stokes situation sums up the whole state of our cricket. The likes of him, Roy, Hales, Ali, Root, Buttler should have been making up our one day batting a long time ago. Just a joke.

17. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Everyone, but everyone, has failed to see the bigger picture. We all know about the austerity measures this Government has brought in and every sector has a part to play, including cricket.

It just so happens that English Cricket felt that in order to reduce expenses and outgoings it was appropriate to come home early thereby saving on travelling, daily sustenance and Hotel expenses.

And what do I find on this Board, nothing but intolerance and shortsightedness. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

:emoticon-0173-middl

Ellis Short Is and Obi Wan like this.
  18. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

But Trev if you had been in charge of the competition we would have won!

19. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

If they put me in charge now, we can still win. <cheers>

20. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Well what you waiting for then.
    Get across there prompto.
    You can stop with Fredor......if he'd have a cheat in the home that is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.