1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jakupovic

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hull 3-1 Liverpool, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

The likes of Davies, Livermore, Clucas and Snodgrass have rightly been singled out for praise, but I think this guy deserves just as much. After that game against Wednesday, I thought he was crap, his career here was over and that I would never change my mind about that. Now, he'd be my first choice keeper even if McGregor was fit. I'm still not 100% comfortable when he comes to collect a cross or pat it away, but he's certainly improved immensely over the past few years.

Whatever your opinion of him might be, I don't think you can deny that he's certainly value for money!

2. thistimetigers

thistimetigers Active Member

That's a fair call.

3. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I said that if we dont sign a new keeper he should be our No1 this season and I now think that more than ever. In a squad our size its ridiculous how many keepers we have, we should sell / give a freebie to McGregor and we've still got 2 worthy back-ups.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

He's done really well, it's well documented how annoyed I got when he was written off, but it looks like he's winning the fans round and he's growing into the number 1 role. At the rate he is going, it'd be harsh to drop him for McGregor automatically. With Dusan waiting in the wings, Watson doing well at Ferriby and Mannion doing a good job for the stiffs, could be an interesting battle for the number 1 jersey over the coming months.

Hull 3-1 Liverpool likes this.
  5. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

If he keeps playing like this we cant possibly automatically drop him for McGregor.

6. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Was going to make this thread myself. For all the criticism he's had, he's been brilliant in the last five games he's played for us. If not for a ****ty penalty call he'd have two clean sheets to start the season.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I see Watson was MotM at Ferriby on Saturday.

8. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

He's noticeably much better at feeding the ball out and spotting a move than Greegsy.

Easy Tiger likes this.
  9. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

I didn't trust Jakupovic's ability for a long time but I just don't get that feeling that he'll **** up anymore. If he maintains his consistency I'd be happy with him in the number 1 shirt at least until January.

Historically he's had more errors in him than McGregor, but if he's worked them out of his game then he's the better option. McGregor always had a hot headed red card in him once or twice a season but Jak is much calmer.

10. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

11. Steven Toast

He was, he did very well to keep a full time professional side at bay. Ferriby in general did really well to be honest, I didn't think they'd get anything from their last two games and they won them both. Bit like us really.

12. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He did well at the end of last season, this is a continuation of that form. I'm pleased he got another deal, certainly miles better than Guzan.

13. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

He hasn't had the credit he deserves for what looked like a wonder save on to the bar last time out

14. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

He had a mare against Weds ages and ages ago, and a couple of other dodgy looking moments, but over the past 18 months it's hard to think of a blunder or mistake he's made whilst playing for us. Think a lot of us (me included) wrote him off after the Weds game, but he's done enough to justify us not getting another keeper in whilst Greegs is out for me.

15. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

and to think, we were screaming for a good keeper for bloody ages........... maybe McG can improve under MP like the whole of the squad has.

16. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Other than the Derby second leg and the Torino game he just hasn't conceded.

17. Steven Toast

I wonder if he will get the call up for Bosnia now? He must be one of their better keepers. He said he'd never play for Switzerland again for family reasons, which is fair enough and they've got some great keepers anyway (Benaglio, Burki, Sommer, et al).

BOJACKHCAFCMAN likes this.
  18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I doubt Watson will come back or not for long anyway.
    Made the howler in the final against west ham. Then we sign a young keeper in the close season. Decision made I reckon.

19. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

Deserves all the credit he is getting.

However, I think clangers will always be around the corner, that's just the nature of some players. Like Zayatte.

Best thing he can do is hope they don't happen at crucial moments or don't cost us the game for example.

20. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Mate, I can only apologise on behalf of all the other posters on here.
    However I think this once against demonstrates that many a ruthless armchair manager demanding the the best is also a closet poodle- riding the HCFC rollercoaster, shrieking hysterically when it goes low and yapping furiously when it rises again.
    It's football.

spesupersydera likes this.