1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jonjo Shelvey

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gordonthetoony, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Interesting reading concerning Jonjo on the BBC. According to the stats Shelvey has been deemed the best buy of all January transfer window buys. They estimate he was worth £23.5m and we've got a steal. If he continues his form from sat and the West Ham game then we certainly have bought a good un.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35526983

2. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Those 50-60 yard passes reminds me of Stevie G. Wonderful to watch.

3. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Yeah and also had about a passing rate of 30% at Everton when he got manhandled by 36 year old Gareth Barry. Let's not get carried away.

If him and Tiote can make it work, halleluja. But Shelvey alone isn't quite the complete player to dominate games, he needs help. He got it against West Brom. Also West Brom gave him way too much space. Let's see how he does against Matic and Fabregas.

Hugh Briss likes this.
  4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be honest this article strikes me as a load of bollxcks. Just had a look at the website of the CIES who produce these statistics and there is actually an online calculator where you can request a value for any player by entering his statistics. I was going to try it for Cabella and Thauvin but a) I suspect it will crash due to the negative numbers thrown up and b) I couldnt be arsed checking out our points total from games played during the period , although that probably wouldn't take long. There are all sorts of interesting (aka useless statistics on this site).
    If you look at their assessment of transfer values in August window there are some astounding statistics:
    wp117_eng_001.jpg
    According to this Connor Wickham's true value is 17.9million and Raheem Sterling 95.1million. I dont think you will find many Sunderland or Liverpool supporters who were unhappy with the amounts received. We should be feeling a bit pixxed off as well. Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is valued at 19.9million. We sold him for 5.5million!
    Below is one of the most useful maps I have ever seen as well. A digital map of the height of squad members by country.
    heights.jpg

5. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

On what planet is Wickham worth nearly £18m?! Hahaha.

Stick to finding black holes, science - there's no place for you in football.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Sounds like a load of ****e. However he has virtually paid back a massive chunk already with his contribution to wins against West Ham and West Brom. We clearly nearly more team with the prefix "West" to join the league. Someone just needs to tell Jonjo that the mackems are actually named West Sunderland

JakartaToon likes this.
  7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Excellent point!!

JPF should reflect this fact for this weekend's match thread for West Chelsea v Newcastle

8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Or more accurately West London Chelsea.

We may try and be economic with the truth but lets at least be geographically correct.

9. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Raheem Sterling worth £95,000,000?

<laugh>

That over-rated wippet came on against Leicester City (notice he was on the bench to start with) and looked utterly useless!

Funny ol' game...

10. leez

leez Well-Known Member

never went off stats etc ..just the naked eye is best ha ha

11. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

So Shelvey's played 4 games for us (and only been any good in 2 of them), and his transfer value has already doubled from what we paid? Interesting, at this rate we'll be able to trade him in for Messi by the end of the season.

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

That's lacking ambition mate. Messi and Suarez plus a packet of Picante Chorizo. <ok>