1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just over a week to go and only 2

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jan 23, 2015.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

with the days slowly ticking past, are we leaving it late to sort any players we may need?

I think all agree we need a goalie? and a striker ... well we have a striker for a few days more and it is interesting how many strikers have been gobbled up by our competition.

I think Cotts / City / Fulham are already aware what is going to happen to Matt Smith, likely hood is we are going to sign him! but waiting for any other team to come in with an offer to buy as he cant go on loan.

WHAT OPINIONS DO YOU HAVE ON:-

Should we buy him?

How much should we pay?

I think we should part with up to 1.2m..he has 3 or more good years in him, and would maybe improve with the team to get into the championship playoff's !
    Remember, Sheff Utd and PNE are both in their 4th season, Sheff been in playoff's twice PNE once

WE NEED TO MAKE SURE

2. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Sign him as long as the price is right, but we still need another out and out striker while Agard and Wibraham are out.

3. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I am puzzled if we can sign him or not- I see conflicting stories about playing for 3 clubs in a season and that we could only get him for a further months loan, which also means he couldn't play at Wembley assuming we get there.

Does anyone know for sure what the position is?- One way or the other, it needs sorting out by Monday, but I am very sure SC is aware of that!

4. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Couldn't give a sod about Wembley - only promotion counts
    We need a forward with real kick, and that could be a 2 mil job. But then if it guaranteed promotion and a good season in the CCC then so what. A new Maynard would be nice