1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kickabout Southampton - Free Football!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintBabarussi, Oct 25, 2016.

1. SaintBabarussi

SaintBabarussi New Member

Hi All,

I haven't posted for a bit, but just wanted to see if I could drum up some awareness for a project I am running for my degree at Southampton solent in collaboration with the Hampshire FA. If any of you chaps are over 35 and want to play football, we will be running free weekly kickabout sessions at Test Park (Brownhill). We will be starting this Saturday at 4pm and will continue running weekly sessions.

The surface at Test Park is 4g, and there are facilities for food and drink on site, and the Saints Pub is just down the road.

I'm not advertising to make money or whatever, it is a student run project, with the aim of increasing participation in football.

If anyone is interested, follow us on Facebook (Kickabout Southampton), or drop us an email ([email protected]) or come and find us at the game on Wednesday evening where we will be handing out flyers.

Thanks for your time guys.

holierthanthou and Saints_Alive like this.
  2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Welcome SaintBabarussi, i'd love to join in, but unfortunately my old pegs (not to mention my lungs!), wouldn't be up to it. Good luck with your project, it seems a very worthwhile one.

3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Same here. Think it was about 10 years ago when I last kicked a football. I now do those team pastimes of cycling and walking. In both situations one gets on the phone and says, I've stopped. See you at the pub. ;)

4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I've just started again. Shame it's in Southampton!!!

5. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

Sounds great to me as I stopped playing a few years ago but a thing for over 35s would be perfect. Alas, I'm not in Soton. Good luck though.

6. Saint Babarussi

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciated!
    If anyone that sees this that is on Facebook and like/share the page it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/KickaboutSouthampton/?fref=ts

If you are in Southampton and keen to play don't hesitate to sign up! Its on 4g which is a bit easier on the joints, and its all about the fun really, its not too competitive! We are hoping to try and get official backing from the club as well! Please tell any friends you have that are thinking about it getting back into it to come on down.

Thanks again!