1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

L V G confirmed as sacked

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, May 23, 2016.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

so bye bye ... sad really hope utd struggle for 2 years

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Shows that moyes wasn't that bad and that there are more problems behind man u then the manager. Is Jose that much better? Not really. I'd say that he's got 2 and a half years before he ****s off somewhere

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

This is the man to rebuild them.

5. Mind the gap!

Disagree, moyes was the type of manager to invest in the squad for the future

Mourinho just comes in spends wins something, ****s off and leaves behind a mess.

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't really care about Man U to be honest - or any other club apart from our own (unless something outrageous happens of course) but their fans and their club board would do well to remember that SAF took years to build his team and the club were ready to sack him not long into his tenure. The fans wanted him out.

It takes time to build a winning side that will be constantly up there. The 'Leicesters' are extremely rare and short lived.

gdknac and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  7. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Manchester Utd as a company cannot afford to be without champions league football any longer, Mourinho almost guarantees that, they were slipping away and they were beginning to see empty seats at Old Trafford with the very poor football on display its a bit of a no brainer really. However, I hope the man has learned some humility and diplomacy because he can't act the way he did at Chelsea anymore.

Ibrahamovic will probably sign now and they are now more likely to attract 'A' class players with Mourinho at the Helm.

I am sure if given a choice they would have taken Guardiola, but its going to make the prem interesting next year, we might see some quality come in?

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You'll probably get very good odds on Leicester repeating their achievement next season.
    Fair play to them, but it was a one off, and they wont do it again.

9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Yes or Sean O'driscoll, he's not doing much.. and Neil Warnock, he's got the best record in the football league!

RedorDead likes this.
  10. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

While it's true that SAF took years to build his side, he inherited a Man Utd side that wasn't as well resourced as the one he left. I was and remain a fan of Moyes (to a point), however in hindsight I don't think he was the right choice at the time. Van Gaal perhaps had a bit more of the necessary experience of managing a top team, but I don't know if his achievements would significantly outshone those of Moyes had the latter been given the same support in the transfer market.

This is a real test of Mourinho's mettle - qualifying for Champions League is the minimum expectation and winning the League would be a great achievement. If it doesn't work then he may need to take a step down in the calibre of club he's become accustomed to managing.

11. johngalleyfan2

alarmingly Tottenham gave up
    Arsenal will likely be thereabouts
    Chelsea can be added to the mix
    as will Liverpool
    Man city must be the likely winners?
    West ham starting on a new journey

Leicester? well is it a once in a lifetime for top 6?
    Southhampton keep on knocking

Man Utd ..... I have never liked mo mo is excessively arrogant and his daily visits to the deep freeze will need to be twice daily so his head will not burst ... I am an armchair fan of Man utd but next season I hope they finish 7th or 8th

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Red Robin likes this.
  13. johngalleyfan2

he has been lucky to step into clubs that have a good player base and are doing well ...man utd might not have done the triple but they finished 4th, on Goal dif 5th in a division that had 8 teams vying for the top 4 places ..defensively sound they were much better in the second half of the season being 3rd on points gained also won the FA CUP !

14. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Good post. Agree with all that

15. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I agree, which is why I think this is a particularly interesting test for him - same for Pep Guardiola at City, who similarly has had questions asked of him about whether he could cut it managing somewhere other than two of the three best clubs in the World. In a league that has so many teams vying for space at the top, can they show that they genuinely a cut above the rest, or is Sam Allardyce right in thinking that if he were manager of Real Madrid, he'd win it all too.

This season was brilliant for it's unpredictability and the next one is already looking very interesting too. :)

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Mourinho is good at building teams, but he does leave them worse off than when he starts them. Good at initial impact but then self implodes into his ego. However I think the prem needs his ego as to us watching him on TV is entertainment.
    Interestingly listening to Terry Christian (I know bellend) but he's a season ticket holder, and his words was the Man Utd way is built on good football. This season felt like they was ordered not to have a shot on target in the first half. He stated that the fans who watch on TV might of been happy with highlights but to the ones in the ground it has been dull football. He has reservations regarding Mourinho giving them the type of football they've been used to, but compared LVG to Dave Sexton era.

17. johngalleyfan2

Jose Mourinho "could save" Manchester United when appointed as manager, says former goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel.
    you also have NEVILLE failed as a manager so far, Shearer tv pundit whom I do not personally rate is now at his peak after playing and staying in a football job, and will go into oblivion over the next few years stating MAN UTD NEED SAVING or what is wrong will be sorted ... I say a pair of round hairy things, it is disgusting the way the Glaziers have treated people at Man Utd, with their impatience to be the dogs b--------------. I think the decision on Mourinho was a done deal in December / January when at the halfway stage Man Utd were struggling, had a couple major injuries and the Glaziers knee jerked and then couldn't back out !
    MO MO has once again stepped into the already built nest with an established squad that like ALL squads at this time of the seasons need weeding out and new plants acquired to replace the dead wood ... LVG COULD READILY DO THAT .. MO MO has inherited a solid defence, 2 of the best 6 or 7 strikers in the prem and a midfield that has been lacking but is gaining an understanding,, again a lucky break that even OUR OWN JUNIOR COULD LIKELY DO SOMETHING WITH .probably finish in top 8 at least!
    the season in 4 qtrs. 9 games ... 10 games ...........................9 games ................................10 games........................... home pts............................away pts:-
    MAN UTD ...19 pts ..............LEICS .........23 pts ..............TOTTENH .. 19 pts ..............LEICS .........24 pts ..............LEICS ..........42 pts ......LEICS......... 39 pts
    ARSENAL ...19 pts ..............TOTTENH .. 21 pts ..............LEICS .........18 pts ................SOTON .......23 pts .............MAN UTD ...41 pts ... TOTTENH .. 34 pts
    WHU ...........17 pts..............ARSENAL ...20 pts ..............MAN UTD ..17 pts .............. ARSENAL ...20 pts ..............ARSENAL ...40 pts .... ARSENAL ... 31 pts
    LEICS ..........16 pts .............LPOOL .......17 pts ...............WHU ...........17 pts ..............MAN UTD ... .19pts ..............MAN CITY ..38 pts
    TOTTENH .. 15 pts ..............MAN CITY ....15 pts ..............SOTON .......16 pts .............SWANS .........17 pts .............
    LPOOL .......13pts..............WHU ...........12 pts ...............LPOOL .......14 pts ..............MAN CITY ....16 pts ..............
    SOTON .......13 pts..............MAN UTD ..11 pts ...............MAN CITY ....14 pts ..............LPOOL .......16 pts ..............
    MAN CITY ..12 pts ..............SOTON .......11 pts ............. ARSENAL ...12 pts ..............TOTTENH .. 16 pts ..............
    SWANS .......10 pts.............SWANS .........9 pts ...............SWANS .........11 pts ..............WHU ...........16 pts ................ LPOOL 32 pts ... 9th was MAN UTD on 25 points. 2 wins less than Arsenal!

HOW CAN HOME FANS MOAN ABOUT . GETTING 41 POINTS AT HOME WHEN THE TEAM IS BEING REBUILT ..HYPOCRITES ..

ps ROD these are facts not stats :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Who is mo mo?

19. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

I think they may be there or thereabouts again next season - depends how they build on the squad and the usual injuries/suspensions that they were lucky with this time around.

20. Mind the gap!

Gradual slip away I predict for Leicester, 4th then 6th then 7th and so on