1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread League Cup Round One Chairboys v Cottagers 11th August

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Aftter a comfortable opening day league win next up we welcome the Cottagers to Adams Park for a League Cup first round tie their first visit since January 2002 when we drew 2-2 against the then Premier League club, our last meeting was a 2-1 win on their turf in this very competition on our was to the two legged semi final against Chelsea. I expect Gaz to make a few changes for this game with Jason Banton likely to make his debut along with Danny Rowe as a full Chairboy, Ryan Sellers may get a start and possibly Harriman if available due to the terms of his loan agreement. I can't make it to AP for this one due to family commitments, but lets hope the lads can put on a performance on the newly laid lush turf of AP to take us to the second round when the big boys start to enter the competition COYB

2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Anyone go tonight? What was it like. Wasn't expecting a win so nice that it was close, who was captain?

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there but i read JJ was captain for last night.

4. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

We gave a very good account of ourselves but it just didn't fall in the final third. Harriman surprised me at how good he was going forward, bean was sublime and rowe look very comfortable in the excellent back 4. Thompson and Holloway unfrtunatly struggled to get in the game, but in the end I think we'll leave feeling more optimistic than Fulham will despite losing

and JJ was the captain

5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

The game was one of four on Sky last night & listening, it sounded like we did give a very good account of ourselves

6. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Cheers for the report been at my mother's for a couple of days with no Internet got up early yesterday and got a paper to find out the score over 4k at AP how many away fans were there

7. WWFC1987

WWFC1987 New Member

Hi,

About 1500 Fulham fans were there, apparently our best cup attendance since the Chelsea.

Thought we played really well, I didn't make the York game but if we play like we did against Fulham all season I think we will be there or there abouts at the business end.

Pitch looks excellent as well, you can certainly see the difference in our game as we can now play the ball on the deck at AP