1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Johnson Warns: 'Keep Up With Us'

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 21, 2016.

1. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Lee Johnson insists modern-day footballers must become smarter if they are to avoid having their private lives splashed on the front pages of the tabloids.
    Bristol Post
    Wonder if he refers to Ayling here? The fact that he has hardly been near the bench even since, makes me wonder about his future with us. Can see a few others moving on this summer too, those out of contract in particular- Future looking positive, but lets get that point first!

2. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Redprint, give this young man a bit of credit, at this moment he has done a brilliant job, even a manager with championship experience would have struggled to get us where we are now, Lee talks a lot of sense, and i for one love listening to him, if in the future he gets us established in the championship, even you would have to give him some credit, we all know you hope he fails so you can say i told you so, lets hope he makes you eat your words.

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

RP
    'Anyway I missed the Wednesday game and, according to a mate, all credit should go to Junior.
    He picked the right players and system, he played 'through' them and only the odd 'launch'.
    Fair play'.
    'And bang another snide comment at LJ'

Try and keep up A D.

4. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Everyone has to start off somewhere and work their way up. whilst LJ I still learning and will make some mistakes he will get better and better. He is not afraid to change tactics when it isn't working and knows when we haven't done well enough rather than gloss over it with excuses.

5. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Rp, i'm talking about your first comment, not your mates, i'm keeping up, are you.

6. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I said 'Fair play'. It was well deserved.

Comprehension like your punctuation needs attention.

7. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Actually that was me

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I have said on another thread that I'm reserving judgement on LJ (as a manager) but I like what I see so far. His tactics have been spot-on (mostly) - but to be fair so were JPs, so how much is down to JP rather than LJ we'll probably never know.
    One thing that I have noticed in the comparatively short time he has been here is that we have been more consistent against the struggling teams. Historically we would have slipped on a few 'banana skins' in some of our basement battles, but we have beaten the teams that we would be expected to beat on paper.
    The real test will be next season - especially if he is given some freedom in the marketplace. He will be able to build his OWN team - and then we can judge him properly.