1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds at home

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by hu7tiger, Jan 26, 2011.

1. hu7tiger

hu7tiger Active Member

Was talking to leeds fan last night god he did my head in all he kept going on about was how the old days are coming back to bellend rd.This bloke was a knob his first game in 3 years was the cup game last week so asked him why hes not been wait for it. Answear he could not lower himself to see his mighty leeds playing 3rd division football.Also told us to watch out for the scarf twirling above the heads they are going to keep it going for longer then the 10 mins at the arse game..

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The old days? He must mean mid table division two obscurity, unless he's choosing the old days as being the fleeting blip they had in their existence when they bribed their way into the top flight.

3. hu7tiger

hu7tiger Active Member

The knob was about my age 45 and sounded like late 70s was his golden days

4. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

I cant believe we have given Weeds the full north stand, surely we could have filled the west corner ourselves?

5. mark2112

mark2112 Member

A fine example of a true WS supporter.Seems they all had identical scarfs was there a January sale on at bellend rd that week?

6. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

Ken Bates selling something off cheap?? Why would he have a sale when he's got them WS numptys wrapped round his finger. He had them paying 30 odd quid for league 1 football at one point!! Even then i had a Leeds fan mate gloating how that proves how loyal Leeds fans are and no other club would get away with it.

He was right about the no other club would get away with it thing, no other club's fans are daft enough

7. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Funny one that, not sure what AP was thinking, we were given the usual ****ty allocation at bellend road so why should we give them 5000 tickets? It's a joke!

8. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Just hope the east stand is up for it, 'cos west has been even worse than normal lately.

9. James

James New Member

If we get an early goal i'm sure the place will be rocking. We need more nights like the Watford game(playoffs)

10. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Still think thats the best atmosphere we've ever had at the KC

11. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not sure how APs plan's to move the away fans will help the atmosphere at all TBH

12. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

What are the plans?

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

We used to have that sort of thing regularly, but the premiership and the new fans that came with it seem to have doomed us to the boring atmosphere we see now.

14. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Wonder how many vermin will get into the home ends. Hopefully the Humberside Gestapo willl up their game and boot them out.

15. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Apparently old bill are responsible for them getting the whole of the North(easier to police), though it's not 5,000, the North's capacity is 4,000 and they'll leave the ends empty, so I think they get about 3,600-3,800.

Quite why we don't make it easier to police by only letting 1400 come, as they've done with us in the past, I don't really know, we would have sold most of the balance(though I think keeping WS fans out of the home end may also have had a bearing).

17. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

I've just read that article, cant quite figure out where he wants to move them? Does he mean moving them to E1-E4 sort of area and shifting us into the north stand?

18. English Bob

English Bob New Member

My knob is exactly my age.

it too had its golden days in the 70`s

19. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It won't. It might if we were a team who's singers traditionally went behind the goal in a Kop style way. Someone should tell AP we're not his first team (Huddersfield), we've had ours down the side either at the KC or in Kempton for too long now to just change it around. The fact the East Stand tends to sell out before the South Stand should tell them our fans have little desire to go behind the goal.

Secondly I sit in E5. I suspect that most of the people in E5 and E6 have those seats because they're on the halfway line (one block each ide) and it's well away from the numpties when the likes of Millwall turn up. So am I going to be moved from my good seat to allow our fans displaced from E1-4 to have them? Or when we get Millwall/Cardiff etc am I going to turn up on the day of the match having to displace our clowns from my seat and then endure the game being pelted with the seats being thrown from E1-4?

Thirdly, it costs more to sit in the East Stand than in the South Stand. Are they really expecting the away fans to start selling out all those blocks in the East Stand as much as the home fans have been filling it or are we just going to throw away the gate receipts?

20. clinchyd

clinchyd Member

i would expect the north west corner to be given to away fans with a block or 2 of the north stand.there is no they would try and move people from the east stand