1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds fan in peace!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ellandback, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

No & No .
    Monk stabbed as many in the back as he could to get his wish of managing us , then systematically destroyed everything we had build over the past decade or so because he knew better, he dismantled possibly the best squad of technically gifted players we had because of perceived personal vendettas .it wasn't all his fault Jenkins allowed him free rein because he came cheap.He may have learned to be bit more humble and fair play he seems to have turned your car crash of a club around and who knows where he'll lead you but with the supporting staff of Beattie and Cloet he's done well .
    Bartley is a good Championship player but has lapses in concentration or is prone to stupid mistakes which will/has been punished by "better" players in the PL. good luck to him though ,maybe he'll come back to us a more improved all round player , we'll see <whistle>

3. Jokeren1943

Jokeren1943 Member

Monk destroyed Swanseas unique possession style of football and replaced with an ordinary boring defensive counterattacking style played by all the bottom-midtabel teams in PL.

A unique style and club identity which now is lost forever.

Monk back, no thanx. I would rather see ice melt.

4. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I never wanted Monk in charge in the first place and was disappointed he was given so much time before his sacking, would I have him back 100% no, for me he was the start of the rot. As for Bartley when first signed thought he was going to be a great signing, but never achieved much, maybe having played a full season maybe be able to do a job for us in the Championship next season.

5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Haven't looked throught the thread (apologies) but I've always wanted De Boer here. Not sure if that's doable. Klinsmann seems pie in the sky to me, but you never know. Giggs will have the respect and attract players but really unsure about his motivational skills.

Now...back to reality. I suspect it'll be a cheapo option from one of the lower divisions. :(

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Giggs backroom staff would consist of Butt, Scholes and one of the Nevilles. You're talking well over 60 top flight winners medals combined - if the players cannot get motivated to play for Giggs then we need to ship them out.

Who wouldn't want to play well under him, knowing full well that the footballing world and Utd will be watching?

Stumpy likes this.
  7. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Agree with the sentiments above re: Monk and Bartley. TLF spot on with Monk being the start of the rot 100%.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. Turkish

Turkish Active Member

The passing identity of the club was lost under Monk and he deserved to go last year. He's doing well at Leeds now but it doesn't change anything. We'd have gone down last season with him in charge. The midfield he played against Bournemouth was the last straw for me. Showed him to be tactically inept when everyone knew they would be direct running from midfield.

Anyway no in a nutshell.

9. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Dai has gone awol. Some say he is banned, but there is another equally credible reason for his absence.

He has been seconded by The Swans', and is taking a seven day crash course in football management, paid for out of Jenkins' pension pot.
    Rumour has it that he will be unveiled as the new Swans' Manager at a ceremony to be held on Penclawdd promenade, ( his insistence ), and tents are being erected as I type.

His first appointment will be that of Michael Laudrup as his right, or maybe his left, since he's still not sure which is which, hand man.

You heard it here first.

<laugh>

10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

No and Yes.

Monk
    I backed Monk when he was manager but over time it became harder and harder to support him. I dont agree that he is the reason we've lost our identity, the unravelling started before he took over and continued when he was here.

His ego seemed to control his actions though and he prefered to surround himself with 'yes men' as opposed to real talent. He seemed to shun people who were talented enough to be able to do the job they were appointed to do well, especially those who knew more than he did. He shunned Curtis out of the club, almost, and appointed his mates as first team coaches regardless of whether they were up to the task or not.

Bartley
    I quite liked Bartley and felt he needed a run of games to prove himself. Unfortunately for him though this run never materialised, even under Monk he rarely made the bench. I don't buy the 'he's a good championship player' though as I think he is a very good player who just needed experience to help him mature. In my opinion he has loads of talent and potential, there's certainly a good player at least in there. With more games under his belt he'll get the experience he needs and with that I'm pretty sure he'll do well in any league.

All he needs do is keep working, keep his focused and hone and mature his talent. I'd have him back in a heart beat but I doubt he'd want to come back anyway. It looks like he's found a home at Leeds and good luck to him.

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Like Matt ...no and no .

12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Massive win for you lot v BHA.

Well done GM.

March on.

13. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

In answer to your question leeds then a massive Yes.......He is one of the best young English managers in recent times and is the best manager with the best record of not only saving us but eclipsing previous managers in finishing the highest ever position with the highest total points in his short reign as manager.......The best thing he could have done was to leave us with £3m in his back pocket as we were a shambles and we are not that much better today and it is fantastic the way he is turning Leeds around after more experienced managers have failed......Your lucky to have such a fine up and coming manager and I hope he can get Leeds back where they belong this season.....

14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Monk was ok, for what was needed at the time, but he will be found out at some point, his is football flawed, he has a big ego, well above his station, caused all sorts of problems with our Spanish players, and was disrespectful to both Sousa and Laudrup, never want him back...........<ok>

15. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

He will take Leeds up Phill.

He has no wish to return to us.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  16. DragonPhilljack

And that is when all his problems will start............<laugh>

17. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

If promotion is a problem then I will take it now.

18. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

So would I. He has done a remarkable job with them to be honest and deserves the recognition he gets....

19. DragonPhilljack

Yes indeed, but would I want him back? NO....... <laugh>

seabreeze likes this.
  20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Who ? the man who duplicitous behaviour and back stabbing nearly cost us our place in the PL during his tenure and may still now .**** him