1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 7, 2016.

?

Leeds Utd v Dog Botherer's

Poll closed Sep 9, 2016.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

12.5%
  3. 2-2

6.3%
  4. 3-3 or highter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

12.5%
  6. Dogs by 1

6.3%
  7. Leeds by 2

31.3%
  8. Dogs by 2

18.8%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

25.0%
  10. Dogs by 3 or more

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Can't remember who it was but someone on here doesn't go to games but used to be a goalkeeper and reckons Silvestri's better than Green

Annoying that I can't think who said it

Marcos Barber and Chippy / Glory like this.
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I am staggered.
    Must be somebody inconsequential and forgettable.... Cant be a Leeds supporter then!

Marcos Barber and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Yeah probably just some WUM

Marcos Barber and Chippy / Glory like this.
  4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I've said it before & I'll say it again - if Silvestri had been offered the opportunity that Green has been this season, then everyone's thinking might be a bit different. Green has almost always played behind the best CB pairing since we were in the PL. Silvestri has never been offered that opportunity. This is a massive factor, and it should be taken into consideration before shooting your mouth off about Silvestri. I'd loved to have seen how Green would have got on last season with Bellusci & Bamba in front of him. He'd have retired by now, his confidence completely shot.

And he still has the howler in him. Derby could easily have had an equaliser due to Green's fluffed clearance. Fortunately for us, an elbow was involved. Now I hadn't realised this, but Noel Whelan pointed out on the radio that Green ALWAYS does the same in these circumstances - he clears right up the middle. None of your knocking it out for a safe throw in, or a bit of an angle - it's always straight. Derby clearly did their homework & knew to charge him down straight on. Will he change? We all know he won't.

Put simply - I wouldn't write off Silvestri yet. He still remains the best shot-stopper we've got on the books. No question about that. Absolutely no question. None of the others is even close.

LeedsLover likes this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

wrong...

Oh and there is the organizing the defence that RG does that is beyond smudgers linguistic ability..
    How many clean sheets does he have to keep before you credit him with some responsibility in it?

6. Whitejock

I think you need to read my post again. You appear to have interpretation difficulties.

7. Chippy / Glory

the
    It was bad enough reading it the first time and I am fluent when it comes to reading wordy bullshit thanks.

He isn't even the second best shot stopper at the club, and I am sure the coaches are picking the team on merit, or is not just us here that you know more than?

The organizing of the defence is key to clean sheets regardless of the CB pairing. I presume you did see and occasionally hear RG getting into the defence in the second half on Friday?
    Perhaps you were on an extended bladder break before and after half time on Friday and missed the two great saves?

Did you forget the brilliant saves in the previous three/four games. This defence makes mistakes and Green has bailed us out loads of times. More than that and possibly most important it is clear the defenders all trust him and are playing out (sometimes too much) rather than hoofing it!

All you actually needed to say in your first post was "I am going create waves by supporting the position I don't really believe in but I like to mix it and this will stir it up".

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  8. Whitejock

More insults to cover for the fact that you cannot interpret your own language correctly. I did not rubbish Green. Read my post again, this time not with the dodgy eye, & especially note the opening line ....

"I've said it before & I'll say it again - if Silvestri had been offered the opportunity that Green has been this season, then everyone's thinking might be a bit different".

Do you really need an english lesson in front of the class?

9. Chippy / Glory

I saw it and no it wouldn't....
    Is it really too difficult a concept for you to grasp.
    Silvestri was poor before RG arrived and hasn't improved.
    I have given you the reasons why RG is better and he cant do more than keep clean sheets.
    Now are you suggesting the coaching staff are not picking our best keeper for the biggest games?
    Why would they do that?

Is your defence of the indefensible going to stretch as far as joining your brother in arms and suggesting Wood is fluking his goals. You just want a row so you can blowhard... Well go on.. Give it your best shot...

10. Whitejock

You're losing it again. Easy tiger. All this optimism is unhinging you. A bit more.

11. Chippy / Glory

If I ever catch up with you in the unhinged stakes I will worry.
    There were me and the mrs sat within 20 feet of you last Friday but didn't come across for a chat as wasn't sure you were housetrained. Sat similar place for forest so can you behave yourself or not?

12. Whitejock

As you well know, I'm perfectly house-trained. I have never struck anyone in my life, and have never insulted anyone's wife, nor made anyone fell awkward in front of their wife! Troo dat!

I didn't spot you. You should have grabbed me. I always shoot out at HT to the telly. Nowt to watch, but it's a meetup point for a few guys I know. And I'm now all the more puzzled by you being able to hear Green organise the defence. I most certainly couldn't hear him. Did you have your HA turned up to #11? You would probably have heard me if you heard him.

13. Chippy / Glory

There was a lull in crowd noise and he was out of the area going mental at the fullbacks! You would have heard me and the bloke in front of me he was well at it till we scored...

20ft might be an underestimate. Row u second back row!

Whitejock likes this.
  14. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0136-giggl

15. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Let me put you out your misery Forza, it is me, but I lied about it, just ask chippy, he'll tell you....:emoticon-0148-yes:

16. Chippy / Glory

I had forgotten it was you.
    I thought you were the one that said Wood flukes his goals?

17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

No one would be that daft ffs <laugh>

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

You would think?

Eireleeds1 likes this.