1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Cardiff highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Feb 11, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Highlights for them that want to be reminded of what went wrong v Cardiff, make of it what you will. Personally, I think our players looked tired, Hernandez seemed to be driving the engine, but no one was stoking fire.

youtube highlights

dailymotion highlights

Monk post match interview

Warnock post match interview..........I think he got his little dig in, but by all accounts, he was very polite and complimentary.

Redders comments

:emoticon-0148-yes:

2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Now I'm not Colin's biggest fan. Part time manager, playing cack football when he was here.

But that was a very respectful, none gloating interview, so credit where it's due. His team came and did exactly what was expected of them today, and we weren't good enough to break them down.

ristac, Farsleyexile and OLOF like this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Surprisingly, I quite enjoyed listening to him.

As for the Monk interview, he basically spelled out that we were indeed playing rope-a-dope. I joked about it to start with a good number of weeks ago, then slowly realised I might actually be right. Now he's confirmed it. But tbh, it makes bloody good sense.

Very disappointed about all of the interviewers. There was a key moment in the match that wasn't discussed, & eventually led to Bridcutt's red. For those of you unaware (Jeez, I hope I remember this right), we had a throw in. Ref made us re-take it as we'd stolen 5 yds. We re-took it & did the same again. Ref awarded them the throw-in. They took it, and guess what - stole the same 5 yds, right in front of the ref. Ball quickly goes out of play & Bridcutt brings the unfairness to the ref's attention. Result? Nowt but a yellow card. Shocking refereeing.