1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester, Leicester and more frigging Leicester!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by MrRAWhite, May 4, 2016.

1. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Them sort of films have been done numerous times before! Mighty Ducks springs to mind. Cant help feeling that a movie about this would be Americanised and actors playing these people we know so well will just be weird. Cant help feeling that it will be incredibly cheesy! I don't think many people, outside of Leicester, would flock to go and see it. If Sunderland achieved what Leicester have just done I don't think I would be bothered about going to see it cos I expect that I'll be watching it peeking through my fingers squirming! Maybe wait for it to come on Sky and watch it, just out of curiosity. I think an end of season video/documentary showing every goal, with interviews, for their fans would suffice. If the film turns out to be anywhere near Oscar worthy I would hold my hands up, but I think another 'Goal!' will be on the cards.

Well done Leicester anyway......congrats!!!

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Gary Lineker once nicked his bag of crisps.

The Relic likes this.
  3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

My only gripe with it is ,it's to soon. Everything is still fresh in peoples minds. The casting maybe akward to.

4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

The PFA are an absolute joke - Gordon Taylor wants Leicester players knighted! What utter ****e! How many United or City or CHelsea players are knighted after they've won the league goodness knows how many times?

Niall Quinn has done more for football and charity than any of the Leicester players and he hasn;t been put forward - what about the 66 world cup winners? every one of them should be knighted long before the Leicester team! Gordon Taylor is an idiot!

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

He hasn't retired either <ok>

6. Tel (they/them)

What's he done for football?

7. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I don't think for a second that Leicester will be relegated next season but it might be worth putting a bet on. What is the difference between the odds of them winning the league again and relegation? Can you imagine if this film is released and they are having a mare in the league at the same time. Leicester deserved to win the league no doubt, mainly down to their work rate, team spirit etc etc. But it was also helped due to a perfect storm where almost everything seemed to go in their favour. But like I say, they deserved every bit of luck they got. They were fantastic! However maybe next season they will hit a perfect storm where everything will go against them and they are fighting relegation. Maybe they will splash the cash and get players in who are proper bad apples and break the team spirit. Like you say, too soon. Maybe best to wait until they have established themselves as a top 6 team before making a Hollywood blockbuster!!!

salad fingers likes this.
  8. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Exactly my point!

Paul Scholes is far more deserving but he won't get one - most of the United side that dominated for so long should be considered way before Leicester. Or the Liverpool side from the 80's - the world cup winners. War veterans and heroes. The list is massive of the people that are more deserving than Leicester - Quinn is deserving from a SAFC point of view but probably not from the outside world (although I can;t stand him now as his commentary seems to be so anti-Sunderland it's scary!)

A doctor may save 10 lives in a day - he won't get knighted for it! (have I made my point yet!) :)

TEL likes this.
  9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong it'd probably be **** as almost all footy films are, I just meant that I think it's definitely worthy of being made into a film.

If it was me I'd get the guy who directed the recent Eddie the Eagle film to do it (Dexter Fletcher, one of the lads from Lock Stock) as the tone of that film would be right for Leicester's story. Very English working class and tongue in cheek.

May as well get the guy who played Eddie (Taron Egerton from Kingsman) to play Vardy, give him a shot at being likeable at least.

The Relic likes this.
  10. Tel (they/them)

I understand.

I think Beckham will get one, mainly for his charity gigs.

11. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

I said weeks ago that they'd struggle to finish top half next season. They will experience the injuries everyone else does and, if we stay up and play them at our place in March or April again, there'll be around 300 of them here not the thousands that followed them this season. Nothing against them at all but they have had a great season with only one competition to concentrate on - they changed their team for the other competitions (FA and League cups) and failed miserably - showing that this "strength in depth" they talk about isn't exactly as there as they think it is.

Bottom half next season & I am betting on relegation for them depending on whether the odds are decent

12. Tel (they/them)

I doubt they'll be anywhere near getting relegated. The core of their team will remain.

Schmeichel, Huth, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Albrighton, Grey, Dyer, Ulloa, Okazaki and probably Vardy will all be there next season, add to that ambitious owners, and probably £65m from the sales of Mahrez and Kante and Ranieri has a very good eye for young talent.

I think this could just be the start for them. I don't expect them to have as little resistance next season, but there's no reason they can't build like Southampton and be a more permanent threat to the top teams.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Marcus. Sorry mate but you sound bitter.

14. Tel (they/them)

Marc Albrighton released by Aston Villa in 2014, that's what I call having the last laugh.

Marra SAFC 77 and salad fingers like this.
  15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Danny Simpson

16. Tel (they/them)

Yeah, him as well.

17. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Have to give them credit and although i dont expect them to win it again nor do i expect them to remotely struggle
    Much closer to top than bottom.

18. Tel (they/them)

Keeping Ranieri is key, there's no way he'll bail on them with the CL games he's got to look forward to.

19. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I just dont get it. You as a Utd fan can appreciate what they have done and acknowledge it. Your club has won everything.

Yet here at safc some although praising them are ready to see them tumble next season.

QWOP likes this.
  20. Tel (they/them)

Because teams win trophies mate, and that's exactly what Leicester have, a team. I've seen plenty of them at Old Trafford to know what one looks like and that one or two players leaving doesn't ever mean the end of the success.

City are the only team I know who have defied that logic, they've never been a team but individual talent will also go far if you have enough of it.