1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Seabass, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Dont Care What Anyone Says, Danny Simpson does not merit a PL Winners medal! He got turned inside out by players in the championship, He is just a lucky guy in a team that just so happens to be in the form of its life.

Leicester to get relegated next year.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

<laugh>

I've got to admire your willingness to stick to your guns even in the face of such overwhelming evidence. I think Simpson has only been on the losing side once this season. Their worst defensive performance coincided with his absence. Cracking defender, far better defensively than those who have replaced here :emoticon-0105-wink:

3. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Danny Simpson - solid footballer, who recognises that his main role in the team is to Defend - rather than waltzing up the pitch every other minute leaving the defence exposed.

I'm fairly certain I'm right, but he had this nauseating habit of kicking or heading the ball off the line when he was here - disgraceful for NUFC defenders too do those sort of things. Or is that called good defending ......?

It wouldn't have been so bad if we'd sold him on, but to let him walk out on a free was a disgrace, especially when you look at the length of contracts and wages the club was throwing around at the time on sub-standard ****e, who still cant be moved on.

Anyway, I'm sure he doesn't give one seconds thought to the losers he left behind.

4. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Danny Simpson is renowned for shagging who he wants, not for being a class footballer.

Fact <grr>

5. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Sounds like a bit of envy creeping out...

6. Dorty Dogbreath

<laugh>

Aye, an average-looking bloke with average football skills gets all the pussy he wants and loads of dosh for playing footy.

Of course I'm freaking jealous :mad:

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  7. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Not speaking from personal experience here, are we?

:emoticon-0107-sweat

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  8. Dorty Dogbreath

<yikes>
    My last memory of Danny Simpson was sitting in the Gallowgate and the noisy corner section singing, "He shags who he wants...."

Does he do that 'backing off the tackle' malarkey for Leicester that he used to do for us?

He did more backing off than an army of Italian troops :undecided:

9. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

...and then you woke up in a strange hotel?

10. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I always quite liked Simpson for the simple reason that he always gave the impression he was trying his best. He certainly did make a few last ditch clearances (I remember away to Man Utd particularly). Is he better than Debuchy/Jamaat? No! But I have had reason to question the heart of those two players whereas Simpson never gave me doubt - he was pretty fast too (though not as fast as FM rated him as!!)

11. Dorty Dogbreath

He used to get slated by our fans iirc.

12. Heed

Heed well known cheat

To be fair, there's not many that haven't been at one time or other, so that's not unusual.

Even one of the greats and Legends....dare I mention him Shola, had one or two who doubted him.
    Blasphemous heathens...

13. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to admit 99% of Leicester fans didn't think they would see Simpson play again for us after falling out of favour last season. We leaked a lot of goals at the start of the season and Ranieri brought Simpson in who is a better defender than de Laet.
    He has done a decent job to be fair and has been pretty solid, however we have just bought Ghana international Daniel. Amartey who can play right back of midfield so could possibly be lined up to replace Simpson next season
    No disrespect to the lad but we need better quality than him to move forward

14. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What a plank. You would know all about ****e defenders having supported Newcastle in recent years deary me.

15. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure how you can move forward much more than you have done! Its an amazing turnaround from relegation candidates last year to potential champions this year and its great to see. The majority on here would agree with you that Simpson is a solid defender, but limited in his attacking ability. I think the important thing is that you have a manager who recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of his squad and gets the team playing accordingly rather than try and fit them within some pre-conceived notion of how a team should play. This means that they all feel comfortable in their roles and consequently play with confidence.
    As someone on here said earlier hopefully the owners of other teams who felt their modus operandi should be just ensuring PL survival will learn from Leicester and realise that a spending plan based on their manager's needs (and not perceived sell-on value or desperation) together with a quality manager and the additional revenue from the new Sky deal can make for a much more competitive PL.

16. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Only criticism of Simpson for me is that he didn't stop many crosses. It's a personal bug bear of mine with many full backs though - I think that is their principle job and few do it well. Otherwise I think he did well for us and he's a proper English pro - good attitude, hard working, you couldn't ask for more.

17. Toon_Man_Sam1

Better Defensively than Janmaat and Debuchy, that is a massive claim.

Ive said it before, individually we have quite a good defence when looking at Janmaat, Mbemba and Colocinni (when he actually bothers) they are just absolutley rubbish when put together, we never ever have any organisation

18. Toon_Man_Sam1

How can you say his cr@p in your first post and that leicester needs more quality and then tell me I know F all about defenders? You just completely contradicted yourself?

19. Warmir Pouchov

Be careful what you wish for...we have this t-shirt

20. Warmir Pouchov

Sounds like the envy of a fellow creep (aren't we all)