1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Let's get this show on the road!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, May 27, 2016.

1. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I hope in the summer Warnock won't sign players he doesn't think will be useful and he wont pay over the odds for sh*te who does sod all.. Ricky Lambert, I'm look at you!

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from but I don't call watching the Trollop league games enjoyable. Turgid more like.

What is clear is that City are no push overs, and that is down to the players reacting to NW.

If he can keep the bulk of this squad and add some players with pace in central midfield and a genuine 20 goal a season striker, we'll be up there next season. But let's get the 14 points needed bearing in mind some tough tough fixtures coming up, especially away.

3. Jay-Rede

Sorry, yes, I hated Trollopes 11 games in charge. In my opinion we were relegated with Trolls and had he still been here, we'd be relegated now (mathematically).

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

IMO we have not been good viewing in fact quite dire at times.

Warnock doing his magic has improved things and we've had the odd good half plus that brilliant game against Villa.

Last nights goal from Zahore one of the best I've seen for quite some time.

All in all things are looking better.

COME ON YOU BLUEBIRDS

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Sounded very quiet at the ground last night listening on the radio. what was the atmosphere like?

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Morgue. Haven't seen official crowd but there were under 10k in the ground.

No more than 2 coach loads from Preston.

7. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

It's the wet Tuesday night where 45,000 saw the Zahore goal but about 12,000 were there.

8. Jay-Rede

I feel honored.

DaiJones likes this.
  9. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Was there an official attendance? Looked almost empty to me.

10. Jay-Rede

If I remember right it was roughly 13,200

11. Jay-Rede

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38885735

genuinely can't fault the bloke. We know what can be done on a shoestring budget as we've seen some successful seasons when Jonesy was here. 5 million quid is a decent amount of money to get the right players in, so if he wants 3 or 4 players in the summer, he's looking at players for just over the £1m mark.

12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Warnock gets us promotion with that sort of budget he'll deserve a knighthood. Don't want to be too downbeat before he's had a chance spending some decent money at last, but I can see some journeymen coming in at those sort of figures. Please no more Halford types that he's dealt with in the past.

I wouldn't mind betting that £10M Sheff Wed are reported to be paying for Rhodes at the end of the season isn't set in stone and dependent upon them getting promotion.

13. Jay-Rede

We've seen the diamonds come out of the dirt Spark. I reckon Warnock's seen a few in his time. a mill or 2 will get a decent goalscorer and the rest on filling in the weaker side of the squad should certainly see us alright!

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I like your enthusiasm Jay - I was young once.......<laugh>

I also like your optimism about a "mill or two" striker being the answer for next season - now give me a list of mill or two strikers who could do the job.

The fact is that whilst Newcastle and Brighton will probably depart this league upwards, 3 Prem sides will come down with strikers on their books worth 5 times that - and they'll have a lump of parachute money to spend on new ones as well.

Three of the current Championship top 6 will still be here next season as well along with the likes of Norwich and Derby.

Unless he's some sort of magician and he can repeat his past successes, Warnock will need a lot more than £5M in total to turn us into an auto promotion candidate. With such a limited budget, the playoffs could be within reach given his record with other clubs, but that is just a lottery that Tan might consider not worth a 5 mill gamble.

Tan might just as well trust the guy and provide serious money and not rely half measures and Warnock's track record if he's serious about this.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  15. Jay-Rede

I'm never usually overly optimistic Spark, but we have to be right? The way I see it is if Warnock is still here in the summer it will be amazing. Imagine starting the summer with Trolls still here, looking forward to a long old season playing Millwall, Charlton, Northampton, Oxford etc. I reckon 5m could see us as play-off contenders. £2m would easily get you a Frazier Campbell type player who isn't even coming off the bench at Palace. I think with a decent goalscorer we aren't a million miles off anyway!

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Like I said Jay, I like your optimism pal, but we also need to overhaul the midfield as well and that wont be cheap. <ok>

17. Jay-Rede

I can't see us keeping the players we've offloaded on loan and I think they too will be sold (maybe the money earned will also go into the transfer funds?). The only player I can see returning is Kennedy.

Ben Wilson: contract until June 17. Frees up some wages
    Semi Ajayi: contract until June 17. Frees up some wages (extension depending on if he does well at Rotherham)
    Emyr Huws: contract until June 19 - I hope he does well at Ipswich and is wanted by them. £1m?
    Tom Adeyemi: contract until June 17 - cant see him extending. Frees up for wages.
    Stuart O'Keefe: contract until June 19 - Doesn't seem to be in Warnocks plans. I reckon we could get 750k to 950k?
    Kennedy: Contract until June 2018 - Warnock likes him. Hope he does well and can see him in future plans.
    Saadi: Contract not stated - If he's out of contract now then lets cut him loose. If he's not out of contract then lets sell him. Maybe worth 500k?

18. BluefromBridgend

Isn't Manga's contract up in this year or 2018? If this year then he will go for no fee but at the same time freeing up, say £20k per week wages. If with us until 2018 then we could well get a couple of mill for him this summer to improve the transfer pot and reduce wages.

I believe Hoilett is on contract until the season end only and probably not on that much in wages. I said when he came he would want to use us as his shop window so we may well see him move on or be offered a contract worth a few more £'s.

There may well be others who's contracts run out this year (I don't know but ask the question), Noone, Gunnar, Connolly, Morrison, Pilks and more including Whitts. Colin says he has been offered a new deal and it is up to Whitts. I suspect it is less than he is on now so will he stay or will he go? Being married to a local girl only counts so far when money is involved and a player is in the twilight of his career - ask Lambert!!!!

Could be a virtually total rebuild needed.

As for Saadi, apparently doing well out on loan. We have seen what Colin has done to get more from Zohore. Could he do the same with Saadi? Might have a really powerful striking duo.

The one phrase I'm not so keen on in that article is: -

He revealed the Bluebirds' plans for the summer were already well advanced and that a rapid response would be key when the window opens.

I think he said the same thing about the window just closed. He told us he had deals lined up to happen early in the window and what did we get? Halford and the young striker for the future. I get the feeling Colin is economical with words and will lead you down one path while going completely the other way.

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Manga's contract is up this June. If we want to keep him, it would mean a new deal on the table for him. Whatever, we'll get no dosh if he goes.

I hope Colin doesn't see Halford as the answer. It's not that I've got a downer on the bloke but Halford is not the class we need at the back nor midfield.

20. BluefromBridgend

Have to agree on Halford. His list of clubs is hardly inspiring. very much a journeyman: -

2002–2007
    Colchester United 136 (18)
    2007 Reading 3 (0)
    2007–2009 Sunderland 8 (0)
    2008Charlton Athletic (loan) 16 (2)
    2008–2009Sheffield United (loan) 41 (4)
    2009–2011 Wolverhampton Wanderers 17 (0)
    2010–2011Portsmouth (loan) 33 (5)
    2011–2012 Portsmouth 42 (7)
    2012–2015 Nottingham Forest 73 (7)
    2014–2015Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 19 (0)
    2015–2017 Rotherham United 35 (2)
    2015–2016Birmingham City (loan) 3 (0)
    2017– Cardiff City 4 (0)

Not much quality there. Might be the odd Prem game but mainly middle to lower Championship. Very unlikely to inspire us to greater things. Can plug a gap if needed but little more.