1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Limbo

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 24, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It might suit our perspective buyers not to reveal themselves until mid-June but I get the feeling that their the only ones it suits.

Peter Reid sounds anything but settled over the issue,stating everything is in limbo and we can't do anything about it.

If, just if SHEFF U offered him the job he could be tempted to accept whats offered weighing it up favourable against this ridiculous limbo situation that only suits this Irish Consortium.

Then we would be looking for a new manager,not conducive to stability at such an important time in Argyles life.

Today we hear that the Football League who are meeting Brendan Guilfoyle tomorrow (25th) in Preston will be possibly asking that question.........who is buying PAFC .

Also in the news today is news that Charlton Athletic are considering buying Bolasie..........one more reason for Reid to say ....oh hell whats next do I need this !!!

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We were waiting for months just to find out if we had any chance of getting a new owner so what does another month do to the situation. I know other clubs will be getting on with it all and we can't do a lot right now but it is still better than the alternative of there being nobody there to take over. As for Reid and Bolaise, this is like continuing a theme on 606. Were you not advocating a wholesale clearout of everything recently?

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well its going to upset some people not knowing sooner, but at least there will be a club to follow.
    If Reid and Bolasie go they are not the first and certainly not the last.

Hope fully once the owners reveal them selves we will be able to get on with getting the right players in to take us forward.

So what is the situation with season tickets now?:emoticon-0111-blush

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I havn't been that hard like DS and his mates,I did agree with the list of released players. Only one exception and that was Summerfield who isn't fully fit yet,maybe Reid decided he would never recover to reach his full potential again,who knows.

Fletcher's contract meant he would stay,too expensive to pay off,lets hope the downward spiral that has run parallel with him being at PAFC is reversed.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

THIS IS PLYMOUTH website report today (25th)............that Stephane Zubar's offer of a new contract could be threatened by the "in limbo" situation at Plymouth at present............in the meanwhile he is considering the offer..............

Zubar is obviously important to Reid, It was Reid who brought him in and waited three months for his old contract to be soughted out with his previous Romanian Club. Zubar has drawn attention to himself by being an excellent purchase.Any drawn out contract hold-up could jeopardize his future at Argyle,other interested clubs will take note and could take advantage of the situation. There is also interest in Nelson (possibly Spurs) and Mason, until this "in limbo" situation changes Ridsdale and Reid work at a disadvantage.Reid would like to build a strong defence with Stephane at the centre.

The Football League will probably ask Brendan Guilfoyle the question, who is the new owner, when they meet in Preston today (25th).The answer will be ,"I don't know" !!!

This hush hush situation with PAFC's new owners is definately not beneficial to Argyles cause to plan for the new season, what do you think ?

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well this is a solution of soughts on who owns PAFC by that I mean the football club.

The consortium have off-loaded what obviously they didn't want in the first case, a football club with many years of tradition and history. Just gets in the way of all their bricks,concrete and scaffolding.

So start to look foreward to mud and builders skips and yellow safety helmets and of course the possible demise of the car park,fortunately that will not last forever.

Like it or not you will be welcoming Mr Peter Ridsdale,to some an ogre and others possibly the man that stopped this club you love from being liquidated, and having to start up again as Argyle (2011) in some little Devon League. Bet you it would take more than Wimbledon's nine years to return to the Football League,any takers possibly not.So passing on our congratulations to the wombles for the little mans victory over adversary lets move on with a football man in charge.

Yes that man Ridsdale,he's like Marmite you either like it or hate it. Without being a fly on the wall watching his every move and analysing every thought and word and action I can only accept what I can see in his dealings with and for PAFC.Those dealings at present are OK,We now know who we are dealing with and as long as this builders consortium finalise their buying of the club out of administration things are then looking up. Controversy has followed Ridsdale's dealings with both Leeds United and Cardiff City but I would just remind you that both are now strong Championship outfits,he can't be all bad can he ???

7. greenjock

greenjock Member

I think Cardiff recovered due to investment from elsewhere Plymborn, and Leeds are a huge club and despite what Ridsdale did they would always attract another buyer. Funnily enough though I'm not sure if they are any better off with Ken Bates! Another "colourful" character with a few questions to answer about his dealings. Some might say that these two are only trying to get success for their clubs, but I would say that both of them would do anything to line their pockets and couldn't give a flying **** about the clubs they're running.

Maybe I'm too cynical but I really fail to see what Ridsdale has done for Plymouth Argyle, and I'm not optimistic about the future with Ridsdale at the helm. It's not as though he's ever invested a penny of his own money and once again finds himself running a football club, subject to not being jalied for fraud!

8. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

I was living near Cardiff when the ticket scandal hit Cardiff, I was working with a lot of City fans at the time and let´s just say Mr Risdale will not be getting many Xmas cards from South Wales. Fans felt it was a set-up from the start and felt the club or at least Risdale had conned them with the money will be spent on players spin. As for investment I´m pretty sure it wasn´t Risdale who brought in the new cash he was pushing some group from the US that never seemed to materialise. Not much we can do about it but have to agree with Jock don´t see what he has really done for us and would be watching him like a hawk if I was the new investors, that´s if they have even the slighest interest in the football side.

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Begars can't be choosers can they. Exactly what alternative to accepting Ridsdale is there. Not a queue outside Home Park that I've noticed so it is this or nothing and I do not want nothing so it is this. It has to work or we are stuffed and by boycotting the place it will be we are stuffed so I for one will be buying my season ticket whatever. Don't care if some think I'm an idiot or whatever for doing it. It's my money and if I want to throw some of it away that is my business and it affects nobody else.

10. Steelthunderballs

Steelthunderballs New Member

11. greenjock

greenjock Member

Well I was a bit torn really, but now that Scumanage have been promoted, wont have to bother about going there, not that I would have anyway, STB is from Stevenage, which is so nice its twinned with Shimkent in Khazakstan! The locals look at Luton as a holiday destination which tells you a lot. The shopping precint consists of Poundland, Poundworld, 99P Land, Bargain Booze and Iceland.

Steelthunderballs wife is the local bike and shoots ping pong balls out of her vajayjay on Saturday nights at the Dog and Dog, named after STB's sisters, and will suck your cock backstage for 50p and a can of Pedigree Chum.

Never had much to do with Stevenage or Spurs and certainly had nothing against either of them, but since STB lives in Stevenage and supports Spurs I now hate both with a passion and cant wait for Harry Redknapp to get prosecuted for tax evasion the ugly squinty eyed ballbag, and those other two stunners Crouch and Bale to leave in search of Champions League football.

Also hope Stevenage continues to win chavtown of the year, it gives STB something to be proud about other than the fact that he's been raped by all of his uncles, and their next door neighbours.

Not sure what the prick has against Argyle but whatever it is at least it gives the ****wit something to do with his evenings instead of licking windows in his bedsit

12. Thundersteelballs

Thundersteelballs New Member

Plymouth Argyle lmfao