1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Manager Rumours

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by devonqprboy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Must admit that I'm struggling to contain my indifference to the situation at the moment........

Also based on what Austin has supposedly said on radio, see Ellers post above, then by inference they weren't playing for Ramsey, I hope they are proud of themselves and they should refund all the fans that went to say Fulham, Brentford and all the other games where they weren't playing for Ramsey.........

Yep my indifference is complete......

sb_73, NorwayRanger and KooPeeArr like this.
  2. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

TF doesn't do the right thing and quickly. He takes his time and always makes the wrong choice, unfortunately, despite declaring that he has learned from previous mistakes.

3. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Warnock would be ideal short term, but long term......
    .....Oh yes, we don't do long term!

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I read this morning that we had asked Burton for permission to speak to JFH, apparently Gangnam is in town next week for it according to David Mac...

5. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

<steam> I would be very much underwhelmed if JFH was offered the job. As I wrote before, Warnock is the right man in the right place, provided he wants the job of course. I don't want to go over old ground but Ramsey's appointment was plain barmy. I would have thought that they would want to go for a safer pair of hands next.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  6. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Compared to the names being mentioned recently Warnock's appointment would make me very happy

7. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Totally agree - just can't see the logic in gambling with another inexperienced manager. Colin is generally well liked, is the man in the seat and knows the club. He can get just run the footballing side of the club through to the end of the season (avoiding relegation) and give the board/senior staff time to sort themselves out.

For me clearly a safe and logical move

8. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

That's why it won't happen!

seagullhoop likes this.
  9. TimPR78

TimPR78 Well-Known Member

Just want them to make their minds up and stick to it, as long as it's not Sherwood :)

10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

But there is a news story all over the media where Green is quoted as saying All the players had not wanted Ramsey to go.

11. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Well for a start Colin had said 637 times he don't want a new permanent Manager job.

12. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Les won't be happy but that's a good thing.

The most ridiculous and immediately obvious wrong decision in my lifetime supporting Rangers was giving Ramsey the job over Warburton and Weir.

That was based on Les picking a black mate. For that Les should be cleared out the club pronto.

He's not to be trusted as Chris Powell getting an interview proves

13. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Did you really mean this? In 2015?

NorwayRanger likes this.
  14. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Damage I despair at times......why did you have to mention this? Why not simply say Les picked a mate? That is what he did pure and simple.......

His skin color is completely irrelevant......

NorwayRanger and sheffordqpr like this.
  15. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

The following article in Club Call suggests that NW will remain until the end of the season, and then we get Hassleblad if he has not succeeded in getting Burton promoted. So he comes to us if he's a failure. However, if Hasslehoff succeeds in getting Burton promoted, then he tells us to f*ck off in true ex-Chelsea style. It all sounds so ridiculous, it's probably true.

"Neil Warnock is understood to be close to agreeing to stay on as QPR manager until the end of the season.

It had been suggested that the board wanted to speak to Burton boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink about the Loftus Road vacancy, however it now seems they will have to wait until the summer to appoint their main man, dependent on Burton's success in League One. If the Midlands club secure promotion to the Championship then it is unlikely that Hasselbaink will want to leave having guided them from League Two. However, if they miss out on promotion the former Chelsea player could be tempted by a change of scenery, a much higher wage, and a chance to test his skills in a higher division.

Hasselbaink's Brewers currently sit third in League One with a game in hand on leaders Coventry, putting them in a very strong position for promotion. They have done this despite only scoring 17 goals in 18 games, showing that Hasselbaink's sides have a defensive philosophy - they have only conceded 14 goals in that time. QPR currently lie in 15th place in the Championship having failed to score and have picked up one point in the two games since Chris Ramsey left. Warnock will hope to get his first win in his second spell in charge, when the R's come up against his former club Leeds on Saturday. "

16. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Awful comment by Tramore. Is he JT in disguise.

17. Peter Damage

Can you honestly one hundred percent say Les’ chance of influencing the appointment of a black manager would not have entered his thought process? Geuninely, seriously I bet you cant honestly say no to that. Honestly answer that before you get all Guardian comments section about it.

Remember when you answer this in March he did an interview with Sky saying that Black managers wont get the chance because of racist chairman.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-football-les-ferdinand-calls-for-rooney-rule

Also remember that 2 months later he appointed a black mate to the permanent managers position despite this man having the worse home record in the clubs 133 year history. Failing to keep a side up that at the time he took over were above Leicester. He then precided over catastrophe’s like City, Palace and Leicseter away. He also played SWP and Furlong, a player who he this season loaned to Northampton over Isla and Vargas who went on to win Copa America that summer in those games.

The guy was a ****ing catastrophe and that continued this year, with a side good enough to walk the league he again stayed true to form and ****ed things up.

Remember that in the summer even after the **** up of letting him pathetically drag us down when averaging a point a game would have kept us up Warburton and Weir were unattached and available for no up front cost and a low wage having left Brentford. This is the same Warburton who after taking over and sorting out Watford’s academy then took over D ‘o’ F role and Brentford before being appointed to get them promoted from league one and then with a side and small budget tipped for relegation he got them into Play offs and highest league finish for 80 years.

But of course we went with the guy with no experience, worst home record, got us relegated etc who then unsurprisingly was proved to be inexperienced and out of his depth and inevitably sacked despite having best squad in the league. Warburton to compound this in that time has won 12 and lost 1 of his 14 league games in a league Glasgow Rangers couldn’t get out of last year.

If Warburton was black i cant honestly believe he wouldnt have got the job instead.

Now its an open secret Les dosent want Warnock but instead wants JFH who inherited a successful Burton side from Rowett. He’s pulling up no tree to instead sign the successful Rowett who took over a relegation bound broke Birmingham and now has them on course for playoffs. He also isn’t interested in admitting his mistake and going back in for Warburton.

Instead he’s interviewing a guy who did not exceed at Charlton or Huddersfield before getting sacked at both. Then going for an inexperienced JFH.

Instead of getting all sensitive and Guardian comments section maybe you should both acknowledge the elephant in the room

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Loveitupthebush likes this.
  18. sheffordqpr

Way to miss the point fella!

19. Peter Damage

So much so that you cant identify a coherent argument to counter the points raised.

Lazy or stupid that response and without an attempt to raise a rational argument against each of those points I can only assume the latter

20. sheffordqpr

Assume whatever you like. Have you even thought that Les' comments may also be deemed 'racist'? No? I thought not.

And in typical fashion for your type, you then feel the need to attack me on a personal basis. That says more about you than I could possibly ever do.

YorkshireHoopster likes this.