1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Preview: Sunderland Vs Stoke

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Great day all round. Thoroughly deserved result - thought we were the better team even 11 vs 11.

Watmore - the boy is a bit special. Had loads to do with the goal & excellent finish.

Can't fault one player for us today.

2. malagamackem

malagamackem Well-Known Member

Thought they were all awesome.... but Watmore was special. Liked Kabouls contribution though

3. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Why the oatcakes play Shawcross is a mystery to me. Virtually every tackle pull or push is a foul. Catts used to be like that but has changed.

4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Was it shawcross who tried to cut Watmore in half on the touchline and just got a ticking off.
    Awful challenge and probably the dirtiest I saw today! Credit to Duncan though. Nothing like a lot his age who'd have took a dive and rolled about a bit

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  5. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-Known Member

Excuse me everyone, what about Yedlin? Thought he was awesome today - fast and skillfull and he defended alright as well.

Double happy today as it's the first time my son has seen Sunderland win!

marcusblackcat and SC SAFC like this.
  6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

<laugh>

7. Smoggo

Smoggo Active Member

Cracking result lads, nice 1 <applause>
    Bragging rights are becoming a bit of a habit now arent they :emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp

8. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Great meeting up with @V-Joe & @QWOP both before and after the game today.
    Both cracking lads... and QWOP is deffo a Sunderland fan like .!!!!
    I look forward to another meet in 2016 boys :emoticon-0148-yes:

Brian Storm and Smug in Boots like this.
  9. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Why is Mark Hughes such a miserable test, Shawcross should have been red carded before half time, Watmores pace is going to get the better of centre halves that are better class than Shawcross, couldn't't be more pleased for the lad. Keep up the good work Dunc.:emoticon-0100-smile

Billy Death and marcusblackcat like this.
  10. Quinninho

Quinninho Active Member

Hughes is a dick. Shawcross could've had 5 yellows and a straight red. Dirty ****.

11. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

I can now let everybody know the real reason we are getting better.

12. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

I was very disappointed because , despite looking all over The Victory, and knowing what you look like, George, I have no idea what Joe or Qwop look like and I ending up drinking by myself :emoticon-0101-sadsm

I sound like ****ing Monty now <doh>

Fortunately I know others that were in so I wasn't alone, but I was disappointed that I didn't meet Joe or Qwop :emoticon-0114-dull:

Having said that, I didn't tell anybody that I was going, so I know which daft ****er was to blame <doh>

Woody and young Ginge (and Bolassie etc.) helped to make it a very good day, though :emoticon-0100-smile

Home_and_Away and marcusblackcat like this.
  13. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Aye spot on. Mark Hughes also said the ref was right in sending off Wes brown last season!! Prick!

Shawcross' challenge on Watmore in the first half was a minimum yellow. Could've hurt him and was lucky. But I guess Hughes missed that!

14. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

Little OT here, but watching the highlights of the Everton game, and those fans must be kicking themselves like haha. Barkley scores, they rush on the pitch to celebrate, minutes get added on... Everton switch off thinking they've won, Bournemouth have a crack and then score! Martinez must be ****ed off, cost his team the full 3 points!

If that happened to us, Id be ****in fuming as a fan! Points are vital, cant be throwing them away like that! It aint over till the ref blows the whistle!

Smug in Boots likes this.
  15. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

Always the way, the managers will always say they didnt deserve to be sent off blah blah. Shawcross should have been sent off in the first half, even the commentators on the stream I was watching were saying that he should have been sent off the first half, so he can't complain. Can't remember the last time I heard a manager say he deserved to be sent off... Fergie with Cantona maybe? Think BSA told Watmore to run at Shawcross, as he isn't the quickest, to draw those fouls off of him. Got lucky by constantly doing it, meaning we went up against 10. Although after an initial burst of energy we started sitting back, slowed right down. Could see Sam on the sidelines telling the players to quicken up, even Catts was doing the same.

16. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

I'd barely set foot in the door of the Victory when Joe introduced himself and QWOP to me otherwise s have been in the same boat marra. Before the match we just stood at the bar and after the game we took a seat by the window.
    Not wanting to rub it in...... BUT..... They were both cracking lads and a pleasure to meet.

Like you say tho... The lads in stripes (red/white & red/blue) ensured you had a great day :1980_boogie_down:

Gordon Armstrong likes this.
  17. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Well done lads, great result for you which you thoroughly deserved.

Good to see you out of the relegation zone (though prefer it if we weren't taking the place now!) as still think we'll both survive this season though after our last couple of games it looks bleak.

Stoke did a number on us a few weeks back when we battered them but ended up 0-0 and I thought they'd do the same to you. You still look a touch light up front but with stability at the back you'll do fine. Plus Watmore is coming of age nicely.

ps. May be giving football talk a wide berth for a couple of days. Sure of all sets of fans you understand more than most :)

Smug in Boots likes this.
  18. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

What a very kind man. <ok>

19. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

At today's press conference for their league cup game in midweek Hughes is still bleating on about Dean getting it wrong over the second booking for Shawcross, he obviously didn't see him trying to kick lumps out of Watmore in the first half and shouldn't have even been on the pitch after half time. He's worse than Wenger in only seeing what suits him, prick.