1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mclaren has to go!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Prince Isak (GG), Nov 21, 2015.

1. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

People laugh, but you can guarantee Keegan would have them fired up. That being said, I wouldn't have him back as manager myself. Someone like him though is needed.

2. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

The 2nd penalty was stupid. Just hoof the ball into touch! It's a shame really because up until that point Lascelles had played well. I'm guessing that he wanted to keep us on the ball to try to get back in the game. No excuse, he just needs to have the basics drilled into him over his 3 weeks off!

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  3. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I take it back, a pickpocket in Pennywell would have more success

4. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side. No more long trips to Southampton & Bournemouth, more games for your season ticket money. It's not all bad in the Championship.

5. Blacker-than-Knight

There would still be a Tyne Wear derby.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

You know what though we already have to be thinking about going one of a few ways. You either need someone the fans know and love to try and garner a bit of energy/support to see us through to the summer, a hard nosed ugly football type like Sam who will do what's required, or a bit of a chancer like Kinnear who is so ****ing stir crazy he might just get them thinking "the worlds against us I'm not ****ing having it!"

Honestly how do you spend 80m and find yourself here. I honestly think most managers would turn it down now. McClaren has them in such a ****ty state that is a thankless task.

7. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

The 2nd penalty..just let the guy score, put your hand up, but Lascelles just flushed his career down the ****ter. Who is ever going to let him play again on this stage? Would you? There's a difference between making a mistake, or getting yourself sent off knowingly in the 90th game of a minute you have already lost when you know other defenders have already gone off injured and there's another match 3 days later.

I just can't see McClaren working. I think he's too nice. Pardew already was too nice to these players. We need a manager who knocks all these fools down a peg and demands discipline. David Moyes could do that. He would the players watch yesterday match 3 times back to back and etch that ****show into their memory.

8. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

I was thinking just yesterday that would Kinnear be as bad. At least it was a good laugh (I think) rather being just frustratingly hopelessly poor.

9. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Things aren't looking to rosy for Big Mac ATM are they!?!

I said before the Liverpool + Spurs results he should have had four games at that point to save his skin and those results really did buy him some time but having looked back at all his games so far this season I don't think anyone can argue he is lucky to still be in the job.

34 games including preseason and cups:

8 wins (5 league, 1 cup, 2 preseason)
    7 draws - one of which was preseason
    19 losses

Personally I think that says it all, well over a 50% loss rate. Need to get someone in to pull these players fingers out their arse and grind out a few results. Don't care about sexy football anymore just want points on the board.

10. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

The problem is like most people see and say. There has been no sexy football. And no gritty performances. Of the 5 league wins we have had we:

Bournemouth- we got battered and somehow came out with a 1-0 win. Poor performance.

Norwich 6-2 this one was a weird game. It could have gone either way before they switched completely off. A game where we actually played with some desire.

Liverpool- 2-0. The only game I think we actually deserved a result this season. They where poor and we took our chances.

Spurs-2-1 and how we won is still beyond me. It was a smash and grab. A result mclaren desperately needed to keep his job.

I can't remember I our fifth win. It's ****.

11. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

When you look at all our squads over the last 24 months the lose percentage of our full,reserves and under 18s is over 62%.

Warmir Pouchov and Captainchaos. like this.
  12. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Ha ha

13. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Well you lot can **** off quite frankly, jumping on the bandwagon after I had stated after he signed how **** he was. Get your own bandwagon!! <laugh>

But howay, the players are ****e. We spent £80 million? That number is irrelevant. We did not buy what we needed, end of.

Shelvey, Townsend, Saivet aren't bad players, at all, in fact I think if we stayed up by some utterly farcical miracle, they would become icons. However, there's a gaping hole in centre defence, the RB can't defend at all and we don't have a left back in the squad.

The small gains we have of getting Townsend wide left instead of Wij, and Shelvey CM instead of an extra pointless DM, does not make up for the MAAAHHHOOOOSSSSIVVVEEEE loss at the back.

We will beat the baggies, you have my word, but we will also go down.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  14. Sheikh_of_Araby

The fact that McClaren got his hands on the 'golden generation' with England and failed to qualify for the Euro's would have been a warning. He won the Dutch League with Twente and got Boro to the UEFA Cup final. Aside from that though, his managerial record is atrocious. He's a dour guy and doesn't inspire confidence.

15. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

People have been trying to polish this turd all season. Reality is starting to bite now. I think those who are preaching patience with McClaren, that it will take time to right the ship etc, are doing so based on what you should do really with any new manager. I always think 3 seasons. However if after 6-8 months, after probably the largest spend in 2 windows in the clubs history, you are languishing at the foot of the table and you can count the good performances on one hand, then you maybe have to revisit the whole "patience" item. Its needs must.

I wouldn't hone in the Everton game too much as they are a decent side and not one we do well against. Its the overall package that worries me. We keep hearing that the football this season is so much better than it was under the guy we don't mention any longer, and the best in a long while. Which football team are people going to watch?? It certainly ain't Newcastle United FC because we have been gash.

I reckon we are down and I have been saying as much since early on in the season. I think I predicted lower half of the table but that was based on even McClaren couldn't spend 50m and take us down. I have said since day 1 of him arriving, sort out the ****ing defence which has been garbage for 5 years. Our captain is a joke. Everyone in the country can see it. Yet some of our fans kept deluding themselves saying we have enough - mid table looks good with this squad.

please log in to view this image

16. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Interesting stat here. We all knew we needed to strengthen up front and in defence really badly. Where did we spend our £80 million?
    8% on our defence and 14% on our attack, the rest in midfield!!! Spending 78% of our money on areas that were not of paramount importance.
    This says it all.. Brainless cockheeds...

17. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

West Ham, 2 weeks ago

18. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Think no one can argue it's not been anywhere good enough, nor has it been anywhere near acceptable football frequently enough. We've had like 6-7 decent 45'' here and there across a season of 48 halves of football. The rest has just been utter horseshit.

I too thought after the first half against west ham that McClaren had turned a corner and we were going to climb but whats come since is as far as McClaren can take us.

19. Sheikh_of_Araby

You can only 'blame' bad luck for so long. The general performances are still overall poor. We played well in the first half v West Ham, in patches v Man Utd and were good for 90 minutes away to Arsenal. But over the last couple of months that has been it. The poor performances have been too many to count. The last two games especially have been depressing. McClaren has had two transfer windows and a fortune has been spent. Is there any real improvement? No. We can't win games consistently, can't score goals and can't defend. Tactically, McClaren is woeful. You simply do not play Ayoze Perez up top alone away to Everton. That's not stupidity or an error of judgement; it's incompetence. We will not stay in the PL under McClaren. He is living in the realms of fantasy if he thinks that the scoreline the other night was 'harsh' or that performances have been 'tremendous.' His appointment was a disaster. We could all see how it would turn out and time has proven us to be right.

We have some important games coming up and time is running out. Should we fail to win tomorrow then there is no alternative. He has to go whilst we still have time to save ourselves.

20. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

If Schteeeve loses again on Saturday he will be gone. Ashley will realise the error of his ways and pay big big money to lure Jose to take the job on in time for the Chelsea game. Sissoko will finally turn up for a game and we'll be winning 3-0 in the first half. Just as it looks like we've pulled the rabbit out of the hat though, Jose will be sent off for having a **** on the touchline as he watches us detroy Chelsea. He'll then receive a 6 month ban from football and our resurgence will be over. In desperation, Ashley will then turn to the only person in football still willing to take the job on - Shola! He will motivate the players by promising them that if they play well they will all earn plenty of caps. On the last day of the season, once we have scraped to safety on goal difference, he will then starting handing out caps from his own collection. Everyone bar Riviere and Gouffran will then hand in a transfer request. The queue of taxis outside St James, offering them free trips to the airport, will close Barrack Road for a month. Shola will then be forced to sign his entire family to play for us next season.

or........

Equally unilkely - if we lose on Saturday Schteeeve will keep us up!