1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McShane's done one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 28, 2015.

1. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Here all day:emoticon-0170-ninja

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  2. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Look at the players we might have at the start of the season, Dawson/Chester/Maguire/ Robertson/Brady/Davies, all of these are better than Mcshane, Mcshane goes and we keep Bruce jr who won't play and won't complain because he's not playing, it's a win-win for me. I appreciate Mcshanes efforts but I don't think he is as good as any of the defenders we have apart from Bruce Jr. He was on loan at Barnsley not so long ago if my memory serves me right and wasn't Pearson the manager then so it's not just Bruce who doesn't trust him.

3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's pretty damning. The 'no money' bit suggests it was out of Bruce's hands a bit. SB wouldn't lie about them. You have to wonder how competitive our squad is gonna be this season. Ehab's nonsense about 'the ticket prices match our ambitions' looks ridiculous if we can't afford to keep McShane.

As always no comment from City though. It's not about the Allams so it's not that important.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

How can we afford to offer Quinn a new deal? It's obviously just more bullshit from Bruce.

6. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Allam took control in Nov 2010 - Macca was farmed out in 2011 to Barnsley and 2012 to Palace - he's been unlucky really - he's never going to set the world alight but he's certainly better than Maguire (much too lumbering - was awful at West Ham away, very slow) - difficult to tell whether he's better than Davies because Brucie fell out with him as well and refused to play him - and streets ahead of Junior - utter bullshit about no money, Brucie just fell out with him - strange that he picked Macca ahead of Junior at the end of the season when he thought his job depended on it - yet he gives the contract to his son - although its not difficult to know why

7. charon-the-ferryman

of course it is - presumably we've no money for a replacement then

8. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Jesus...Are you deliberately trying to be thick?

It's not rocket science.

We got relegated.
    Our income goes down.
    We can no longer afford to offer players like Quinn and McShane new contracts on the same Premier League wages that they were on.
    Quinn hasn't signed because the new contract will be a paycut to the level he was on three seasons ago.
    McShane wasn't offered a new deal because he was on an inflated wages anyway going back to Phil Brown's days.

Both Quinn and McShane are both saying they want Premier League football.
    What they mean is they want Premier League wages.

Yes they are both triers but they're neither are good enough to be in the first 11 of a Premier League team.
    If Davies hadn't lost form, McShane wouldnt have got a look in.
    Same for Quinn if Diame had stayed fit.

9. charon-the-ferryman

what a load of **** - Quinn IS being offered a contract but is another one pissed off with the way he was treated by Brucie - last season Brucie ****ed up Royally and is only in a job still because Allam doesn't **** anything up and to sack him he has to admit that he has

10. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

The way he was treated by Bruce?
    Explain Sharon?

11. charon-the-ferryman

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

According to Bruce everyone had relegation clauses, some of them very significant.

If we can't afford players like McShane and Rosenior who everyone agreed a few weeks ago were the exact type of players we needed to keep for the Championship, and it's completely out if Bruce's hands due to finances, then we must be seriously cutting costs again in which case we'll have very little chance of promotion.

Another great post from you though, keep it up.

charon-the-ferryman likes this.
  13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't read too much into those comments, Macca was out the door however much he was earning.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I don't think Bruce would lie to any player about something like that, and playing him for the last 15 games says a lot. They must have made up to some degree for that to happen.

15. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The decision was taken by Steve Bruce and no one else. He has complete discretion on who stays and who goes.
    I would have liked to see Rosi, Macca and Quinny stay, but the budget has to match our sstatus .

16. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Do you have a stutter when you type?

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Thats contradictory. If what Bruce says is true then the budget has prevented us from keeping a good player who will have been one of our cheaper ones. That's worrying.

Of course it's only right that a manager should have some kind of budgetary limitations, but if ours can't stretch to keeping the likes of Rosenior or McShane then I'm not convinced we're going to be competing at the top end of the table.

18. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

As sad as i was to see Macca go we have Harry Maguire who is actually a better footballer. Now
    Back in the championship it is now a great time to see what Maguire can do alongside Dawson and Chester.

Our squad is still better now than what we had back in 2012/13 ffs.

19. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Bruce does seem to have some restrictions on his decisions though, doesn't he? I don't think it had anything to do with budget, it's totally misleading.

20. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Which table? We sound like a mid-table Division 1 at best the way folk are painting it. :emoticon-0107-sweat