1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Micah Richards

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Sunderland WON'T be signing Micah Richards, as Everton and Leicester are linked with £15m Kone move
    please log in to view this image

Lamine Kone
    Email
    15:23Tuesday 26 July 2016
    0HAVE YOUR SAY
    Sunderland won't be making a move for £5million-rated Aston Villa defender Micah Richards.

Richards has a release clause in his contract after Villa's relegation to the Championship and was a Sunderland target two years ago during Gus Poyet's tenure.

But the Echo understands Sunderland - who have prioritised a new centre-back, right-back and striker - won't be making a move for Richards despite intense speculation.

It comes as Everton and Premier League champions Leicester City have both been linked with a £15million move for centre-back Lamine Kone - who starred in Sunderland's survival last season.

Kone and Younes Kaboul struck up a rock-solid defensive partnership after the 27-year-old Ivory Coast international arrived in a £5million deal from French side Lorient in January.

Sunderland's immediate focus is on adding to the squad rather than letting players go, especially one of the club's biggest assets.

New Everton boss Ronald Koeman is looking to improve his defensive options over concerns John Stones is set for a move to Manchester City, while the Echo understands Leicester have also been tracking Kone.

New chief executive Martin Bain is in France with the squad and watched on from the stands as Sunderland beat Stade Nyonnais 2-0 in the opening match.

Bain and new manager David Moyes have their work cut out to bring in the four or five quality additions needed to improve the Sunderland side.

The transfer window runs until the end of August but the new Premier League season kicks off in just over two weeks.

Hefty fullback likes this.
  2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

DAVID MOYES has rejected the chance to sign former England international Micah Richards, but the new Sunderland boss is confident of making a number of additions within the next seven days.

Black Cats chief executive Martin Bain will return to Wearside tomorrow morning, having held discussions with Moyes at Sunderland’s training base in the French town of Evian-les-Bains.

The pair firmed up their transfer plans, with Bain now tasked with the job of pushing through the deals Moyes has prioritised ahead of the start of the new season.

3. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

4. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

To be honest I think now we have stronger youth team full backs as a step up to Jones - that's my sorry appraisal of Jones <doh>

BackO'TheNet likes this.
  5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Who the **** is Rahman? Ha.

6. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Ehh

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

TEL and that other kid talking about Rahman?

I have no idea who they are discussing!

8. Vincemac

Me neither
    Don't know who it is

9. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Baba Rahman the left back at Chelsea who barely played, if I'm not mistaken.

TEL likes this.
  10. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can't say I'm heartbroken by not signing him.

Edit: would have been a good signing I think, but what you never had, you never lost.

clockstander and BackO'TheNet like this.

11. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Baba Rahman.

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Ahhh.

Yeah that was a good deal... Haha.

I'd have known had you said Baba.

TEL likes this.
  13. Vincemac

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

First impression was Please no. Then i thought about the alternatives in Billy Joned and went Well maybe he aint so bad after all. But it doesnt matter now as he isnt coming and an alternative has to be found. (Hopefully not yedlin)

15. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

This morning, against Juventus reserves, Yedlin played at left back for 32 minutes and RB for the rest of the second half. He had one of his patented 30 yard recovery runs to bail out his CB. In a match where Spurs had 200 back passes, two of which were picked off for early goals, he made 4-5 good crosses, linked up with the striker twice, including, one from distance that hit a 17 year old midget right in the chest. Beat his man 1v1 from the wing, to deliver a dangerous cut back; something he did regularly in copa america. Oh by the way, do you know how many times SAFC was mentioned during copa america, LOTS! If SAFC is looking to buy, then I think Trippier would be cheaper. Yedlin in on loan, might free up some cash for other requirements.

16. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I read last night that his wages would've been similar to Defoe's

Would've been a good signing - but no way worth that much!! Yedlin would be a better option on less money

17. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

I live down here in Villa land, All my mates said don't touch him with a barge pole, he has a terrible attitude and is not very good. They say he is one of the main reasons they got relegated. So for me its a big NO!! The Villa fans say Clark would be a much better signing at CB and he can also cover LB.

18. davie1973

davie1973 Active Member

I'd rather Baba O'Riley myself.