1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mick must make move.....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, May 8, 2017.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

He's a decent player.. Wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed him as his record isn't that bad, plus he's still young and always looked fairly athletic.

However, if we do lose out to Burton (and our interest was serious) then we really have slumped to an embarrassing low.

3. johnnywarksmoustache

Only as a back up surely.....

4. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I'm failing to get enthusiastic about any transfer target at the moment as Mick Mccarthy is still our manager, so no matter how good a player we sign we'll still be bloody boring next season.

I actually think Micks transfer record the past couple of years has been pretty good. And in terms of quality he has improved our squad unfortunately the style of play and tactics hasn't improved. We now have players who don't suit the way we play whereas 2 years ago even though we had pretty average players they suited the way we played abit more.

It's just tedious now, I don't know if I'd get excited if we signed Messi!!

Westlake33 and San Diego like this.
  5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Well we are owned by Mr Mean and managed by Mr Nonsense so we could sign Mr Messy..............

San Diego likes this.
  6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Weirdly Weighty I was talking to the Mrs on the bus to work the other day, and she said " how do you think your lot will fare next season " and for the first time in a while, I didn't reply straight away. I was quiet for maybe 30 / 40 seconds trying to digest the question properly ( which isn't easy ) and I was absolutely none the wiser with what to say!

I mean look at the league, and maybe you could make an argument for god knows who going up next year.

Before transfers or anything I'll predict next season = ( and we still don't know if it's Millwall / Bradford )

Top 5 = Villa / Wendy / Norwich / Boro / Birmingham with Harry / cannot make my mind up on 6th
    Bottom 3 = Barnsley / Burton / QPR or Forest look an absolute MESS
    Town = 12th and a mild improvement.

There are then the likes of Leeds / Bristol City / losing play off finalist / Fulham / Wolves who will throw a lot more than we're prepared to.

Our wage bill last year according to the Osman aritcle was £16.5 mill and the 18th highest in the league. Wages are going out of all control, but on paper if we're spending the 18th most what can we expect? At least some crap has gone so that frees it up somewhat for this year.

Not confident of massively good times ahead.

7. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Oz has addled ya brain Westy!

8. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

It's quite clear "how we'll fare next Season",same s***e as this Season<doh>

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  9. Westlake33

Potentially yes, however footy is a funny old game and you never really know. Start of the season at Sunday league I was playing against a Reading fan and asked his opinion on this season " midtable would be a success, Stam has a massive job ahead of him and a season of rebuilding before we can even think about pushing on " - well they're in the play off final so his opinion was completely wide of the mark.

I started to do a predicted table for premier league and championship ( I " assumed " ( probably wrongly ) that Millwall / Huddersfield gained promotion ) - while this will change repeatedly when clubs sign new players of the championship I thought straight off the bat -

* Barnsley look the new Blackburn, in a heap of trouble.
    * Can see this being the season Derby's overspending catches up with them and they achieve very little.

It's an absolutely impossible league to predict. I think I put us 12th in the end - then decided we could come anywhere from 6- 21st under Mick.

I'd be interested come the end of July, start of August to see peoples predicted tables of the championship. Maybe we could do a game with a certain number of points for a correct prediction, points for correct promotion, relegation etc and see how on the money we all are?

I tell you what Spanish, Australia isn't doing as much for me as I thought it might. The people are beyond rude. Seriously, seriously arrogant nation and after I'm done here for work I very much doubt I will return. Has it's good points but the people are massively lacking. It wears thin to say the least.

10. johnnywarksmoustache

If Mick is in charge and there is no significant investment this Summer we will be relegated simple as that! <ok>

11. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

If we sell Bart and fail to replicate the success we've had with our star loan players, such as Lawrence this season and Fraser the year before, then I think a relegation dogfight will be the likelier scenario. This is a deteriorating club. We have an uninterested board, an unambitious owner, and a chief executive who is deliberately misleading supporters in the hope they buy a season ticket that has risen in price yet again. We have a stubborn manager, who comes across like he hates the fanbase and continues with a negative, dour style of football. We have a squad of average journeymen and deadwood, with some promising youngsters who either get coached poorly, get played out of position, or, in most cases, don't start the matches at all. Of the genuine star players we had last season, Bart is most likely going to depart and Lawrence and Huws have already gone, as they were only on loan.

I agree with Westy that relegation is unlikely, we always seem to scrape results and there are teams in this division in worst states than us, but I don't think it will be too long before the lack of investment catches up with us.

Evans, if you really care about our club and the loyal supporters, then sack the manager, invest in your club, and bring in a manager who will clear the deadwood, give our young players more of a chance, and play a more attacking style of football. Cap that off by giving the supporters a bone by 'doing a Huddersfield' and reduce the ticket prices to encourage more supporters to come back. Watch attendances hit around the 20,000 mark on a regular basis and the club will finally have a 'feel good' factor around the place!

itfcptc likes this.
  12. Westlake33

Agree, over to the board this summer or we could be in a hell of a mess next season.