1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mike Phelan set to sign long-term deal

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Sep 14, 2016.

1. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

A dickhead more like

2. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

time of the month

3. PattyNchips2

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull...not-resolved/story-29745341-detail/story.html

Hull City's Mike Phelan insists 'I'm not going anywhere' as manager position still not resolved

By Hull Daily Mail | Posted: September 24, 2016

By Philip Buckingham

Mike Phelan has thanked Hull City fans for their unwavering support as he continues to wait on the green light to become the club's permanent manager.

A week after being formally offered the chance to become the long-term successor to Steve Bruce, Phelan has still not put pen to paper on a long-term deal as boss.

The 53-year-old revealed yesterday he had not spoken with vice chairman Ehab Allam since "very positive talks" on Sunday but remained hopeful of developments that would see him finally handed the reins.

This afternoon's trip to Liverpool will be Phelan's eighth league and cup game since taking first taking caretaker charge 64 days ago. A resolution to a long-running saga continues to prove elusive amid ongoing takeover talks but an appreciative Phelan has thanked supporters, who again gave their backing to the caretaker in Wednesday's 2-1 win at Stoke in the EFL Cup.

"It's not an easy name to chant but I think they've been excellent, I really do," he said, following chants of "We want Phelan in" at the Bet365 Stadium. "The media have been very kind to me as well in the last month or two and I know everyone wants answers.

"That's down to the decision making process and then we can move on and talk about other things than me. A football club is not just about me, it's about the supporters, the players, the staff. They all want to know what's going on.

"There's no timescale. It's still going on a day to day basis. I don't expect a timescale, it's just a case of sitting down again when we possibly can and getting this done and dusted. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere.

"I'm still picking this football team, still hoping to work with the players. There is a deal there, we just need an answer. Simple as that."

Asked if he had any concerns that a long-term appointment would fail to materialise, Phelan added: "I gave up worrying a long time ago. If you want to worry, you'll worry. If you want to get on with it then the beauty of this job is that there's always another game to look forward to.

"I come in and the players are happy and smiling. We're trying to work together and create something. Maybe I'm setting a new trend of caretaker managers, I don't know. I'm trying to conduct my business in the right way and it's going okay."

Phelan's focus is on today's trip to Liverpool but the caretaker hinted that the uncertainty over the club's ownership is causing delays. Three different groups are interested in seizing control from the Allam family, all with their roots in the Far East.

"It is difficult for me to comment simply because I don't know the whole issues going on outside of the football side of things," he said.

"Takeovers can be confusing, with rumours and all sorts going on. Really I'm just staying focused on my players. They're the most important thing at this club."

4. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Gate receipts are a very small fraction of turnover these days, and most of the club's income goes on players' wages, agents' fees etc rather than into owners' pockets

5. City Man

Went to Analfield 3 or 4 times to see City, but the combination of the gloryhunting scandies/paddies together with our own star-struck turncoats (remember that lass in the half and half shirt last time?) tips the balance to NO.

Fingers crossed for plucky HAL this afternoon, but the two points snatched in the dying seconds at Turd Moor were much more important in the greater scheme of things.

PLT likes this.
  6. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

In her defence, she did explain herself, in as much that she had family links to both Hull and Liverpool.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  7. City Man

The owners thanked us for being there?
    Martin Fish v Bradford in 1996?
    David Lloyd calling us 'rubbish'?
    Buchanan/ jailbird Hinchliffe?
    **** owners who **** the club up and show contempt for the fans is nowt new unfortunately.
    My principles are to support Hull City, not Allam, nor Pearson, not Needler, not Fish, not Dolan- but we all have our own line in the sand.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  8. Polly13

That's a perfect example of how to deal with the media. Years of being under the spotlight at ManU has prepared him well for this.

PLT and PattyNchips2 like this.
  9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Did she? Fair play to the lass then.

10. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I was told by Martin Fish that he didn't want my type of supporters there. I had been match ball sponsor for all the games when they couldn't get anyone, mickey mouse cup games etc. He was referring to Tigers 2000 members of course and me, and that was far more personal then AA saying 'They can die when they want' because he was referring to the chant 'I'm City til' I die'
    Fish rubbished the fans on a dialy basis. Only in those days hardly anyone in the media gave a toss and none of the fans he was referring to threw a hissy fit.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.

11. Polly13

Yeah, I remember at the time, cos it went round Facebook a lot, and it was inevitable that someone who knew her would see it. She was tagged and explained it. She was very upset, too!

12. City Man

Don't like our shirts
    Don't like our badge
    Don't like 'Hull Tigers' and all that lies behind it
    Don't like our turnstile system
    Don't like our membership scheme
    Don't like our owners
    Don't like the ground layout
    Don't like sharing with a rugby club
    Don't like new soulless identity of our club
    Don't like the way club employees and beyond are cowed into using the badge and idiotic rejected name
    See you next Saturday

13. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Eh?

14. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

Not me you won't
    You miss the point, I won't go because if I do, I "support" them and their ideas (in their eyes), as well as the team and that I will not do!
    So I am left with two choices, to suck their dicks or to wait till they die or **** off.
    Its a free country and I choose the later
    Each person makes up their own mind.
    I'm not telling others what to do, but I have made my choice
    And i AM a man of my word!

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  15. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

So glad she felt the need to explain herself to people , hopefully they feel better about it now and can carry on chasing peridactyls n stuff.

PattyNchips2 and Polly13 like this.
  16. City Man

I don't miss the point.
    It's not all about you and the Allams- it's about you and Hull City.
    Your non attendance will not make any difference to the balance sheet or hasten the Allams' exit or change the Allams' mind.

17. highpeak tiger

I don't care, I WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

So you think anyone who does go is sucking their dicks???

19. highpeak tiger

20. PattyNchips2

fickle